Call of Duty: World At War

thesaint sfc

Ordered from play.com on tuesday, package turned up today with motorstorm pacific rift in it :mad: I let rip at play.com's customer services, and re-ordered from amazon, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend, otherwise i may have to go to the local asda!

What's the verdict so far from those who've played it?

Get play to refund you and let you keep the game! They bloody should do. The ****s. I've ordered so much stuff from them before and they've cancelled it due to insufficient stock or pricing errors. I would never order from them again if they were the last company of earth. I was looking at starting a website selling games a few years back and they were going to be my supplier too :/

Get play to refund you and let you keep the game! They bloody should do. The ****s. I've ordered so much stuff from them before and they've cancelled it due to insufficient stock or pricing errors. I would never order from them again if they were the last company of earth. I was looking at starting a website selling games a few years back and they were going to be my supplier too :/

That will be the last order I put through to Play, they barely even apologised for the **** up. I'm just hoping mr postman will have delivered it from Amazon by the time I get home today [-o

Absolutely f*cking sublime.

SO much grittier than all the others. Much more blood thirsty and gory and you feel more like you're living the game than ever. I was so, so, so disappointed when I heard they were re-doing WW2. I thought they'd well and truely done WW games to death - I was so wrong.

Absolutely f*cking sublime.

SO much grittier than all the others. Much more blood thirsty and gory and you feel more like you're living the game than ever. I was so, so, so disappointed when I heard they were re-doing WW2. I thought they'd well and truely done WW games to death - I was so wrong.

That's spot on mate. I reckon its more challenging than COD4.

The game arrived from amazon yesterday, though I nearly lost it to the dogs who thought it was a toy when it came through the letterbox!!!

Finally got to play it last night though, and the solo mode is ****ing awesome. Couldn't get online last night though, I guess too many trying at once!?

The multiplayer is very good but I feel it can't quite topple COD4. Some good ideas there that I hope they carry over to COD6, though.

The reason I liked CoD4 online so much was that it was the first game I ever played online, and I like to think I was starting to get pretty good at it over the last few months (managed to get myself up to prestige 7 :smt066 ).

CoD5 seems a lot more challenging online, the weapons aren't so easy to use and the maps seem bigger and more complex.

Now that the servers seem to have settled down, I think I'll make the most of this week while the mrs is away to get fully acquainted the maps :D

Is anyone else having trouble actually getting a game played online?

Love the game - but then I'm a huge WWII fan anyway!

The erratic problems as regards getting online are due to a couple of factors - namely billions of people trying to get online at once; and the fact that more & more servers need to get up & running - which they are doing of course.

I doubt the online play will match the truly superb 'CoD - United Offensive' expansion pack though. That was - and still is - the dogs' danglies!

Completed the game yesterday. Don't know why I did it on regular. Might try again on veteran to get myself some more trophies.

It's good a decent ending to it though.

I was impressed by the overall game. Little bit short though. Only about 15 missions.

One thing I love about COD games is the actual footage from the war. I find it very interesting.

Is anyone else having trouble actually getting a game played online?

Glad it's not just me. Been having problems with my router for a couple of weeks so when I got a new router I was a bit miffed when I was still having problems.

When I was playing earlier on I kept missing half of each game from waiting to connect.

Hopefully it should smooth itself out in the next few days...

That said though, the game's much better than I'd hoped for. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as COD4, but it's at least on a par.

COD4 was pretty special. I haven't started COD5 yet, still finishing off GOW2 but I'm hoping it's at least better than COD3.

It was the way that you were so at one with the main character I think 'Soap'.

So much better modern day too. Sick of bloody WW1+2 weapons now!

Definitely better than COD3. I need to have another go on GOW2 - got the PC working so I have neglected my Xbox.

I completed it over the weekend, as with some others I was a little disappointed at the length of the single player game. But to be honest, I'm now of the opinion that the single player side of games like this is secondary to the online game.

I'm sure I'll dip back into the single player game now and then, if only to boost my trophy collection, but for the foreseeable future, I'll mostly be playing this to death online :cool:

Multiplayer is very good. Much more tactical than COD4 due to the fact that no-one has laser scopes and night vision goggles. Love being a sniper holed up in some corner of the map sniping away any unsuspecting enemies :)

in my day, we called you lot "campers"

Had a go. Intense as ****, admittedly. It's a good blast, really. Some nice moments as expected.

I have to say that whilst the graphics are good, I always feel there is something missing with COD4 and this, too. Just a bit.. cartoony. Or something. It's like a modernised COD2 in terms of design, rather than a next-gen feeling thing. I think the next COD should use the same concepts in terms of engine - lighting etc - but seriously consider a different stylistic approach maybe? Can't put my finger on it. Some of it looks fine, but.. just something.

• 1 month later...

just finished cod5, awesome is all i can say. I liked cod4, especially the sniper mission but cod5 for me is much better, full on action. Was a bit annoyed with it jumping from usa to russia between levels but if thats all i can find to moan about then i can live with it. The Zombie mission is a laugh too ;-)

I was given COD5 on xmas day and decided to play on "veteran" level (as I always do with these games)....

Jesus Christ its hard, dont remember COD4 being this hard on Veteran level.

Took me nearly 3 hours just to complete the "Burn 'Em Out" level.

You cant stand still as about 5 grenades land at your feet, yet as soon as you move, you get mullered....

Still, by doing it on veteran, you make the solo game last a bit longer.

I was given COD5 on xmas day and decided to play on "veteran" level (as I always do with these games)....

Jesus Christ its hard, dont remember COD4 being this hard on Veteran level.

Took me nearly 3 hours just to complete the "Burn 'Em Out" level.

You cant stand still as about 5 grenades land at your feet, yet as soon as you move, you get mullered....

Still, by doing it on veteran, you make the solo game last a bit longer.

Veteran isn't too bad apart from Heart of the Reich (2nd to last mission).

Do the COD games follow on from each other, or are they seperate in everything but the title?

Thinking of getting COD4, simply because it's had great reviews and will be cheaper now that WAW is out.

i think...

number 4 is a modern day based game....where as the new one is set in WW2...

other than that...have no ****ing idea.