So what do you want?

Hedgehog

All this negativity about the game, team selection etc. what do people want sack the manager!

How many managers are sacked because of a poor cup run, everything is determined by league success, perhaps he is looking out for number one.

I remember Chris Nicoll being sacked for not finishing high enough in the league.

Okay lets get the likes of Branfoot back at the club.

Yes dissapointing performance, team selection and result, but what do you want the owner to do, get rid?

In answer to your question:

I want the majority of angry saints fans to sleep on it, get off the managers back for picking a team capable of winning if they could be bothered, blame the players who let everyone down by playing so poorly in a big game, give MoPo and the lads support to finish the season strong and let them show what they can do.

All this negativity about the game, team selection etc. what do people want sack the manager!

How many managers are sacked because of a poor cup run, everything is determined by league success, perhaps he is looking out for number one.

I remember Chris Nicoll being sacked for not finishing high enough in the league.

Yes dissapointing performance, team selection and result, but what do you want the owner to do, get rid?

A connection with what the fans want and the ethos of the club and it's history rather than the business objectives. Sacking the manager is obviously madness, because this is the best saints team I've seen generally in my life time. But we could have been in the hat for the quarter finals if he had picked his first 11. Simple logic.

I want the majority of angry saints fans to sleep on it, get off the managers back for picking a team capable of winning if they could be bothered, blame the players who let everyone down by playing so poorly in a big game, give MoPo and the lads support to finish the season strong and let them show what they can do.

Absolutely this...top answer.

There's no way i want Poch sacked, what i want is for us as a club to treat our fans with respect by saving them a few hundred pounds of travel when they know we're not going for a competition.

To treat competitions such as the FA cup with the respect they deserve.

To apologise and learn from what happened today, and to aim to win silverware at every point they can.

To play with a passion, commitment and desire that their places and shirts deserve.

To realise that they represent not just a football club but a city, a people, who are proud of where they come from and the traditions that we're part of, and want to see it continued.

To understand that 8th place and a few more pounds is worth far less than genuine success that puts our city and club on the map.

I know most of these sound old fashioned and outdated but i think they're things that the majority of saints fans would agree with.

Jesus Christ what a load of bed wetting nonsense.

Lots of talk of "meltdown" on this forum but the only people melting down are the lunatics like ALWAYS_SFC and this guy who can't seem to cope with fans being disappointed with a clearly abject performance, poor team selection and huge missed opportunity.

So we end up with this tripe.

The logical end of this "how dare any of you complain..want the manager sacked do ya? Do ya?" train of thought is the belief that none of us should care whether we win or lose any game at all, ever. No one must ever invest any emotion into supporting Saints. At all. For any match. Happy now, Hedgehog?

And no, I don't want the f uc king manager sacked.

I really can't fathom how any true fan isn't gutted about such a missed opportunity. I'm almost jealous that they have so little anger and can accept without it spoiling their weekend and will be loyal to the club whatever and find positives. But them I realise these are the sort of dullards I have contempt for showing no passion or original thought.

If we are not serious about any of the Cups why enter them? The issue is the serious and chasm like difference between what us fans crave and what modern managers perceive as their priority.The Premier league has devevalued both cup competitions whereas for fans of teams like Saints, the only potential glory are through those roots. That is why so many of are ****ed off with the team selection yesterday and the subsequent performance. We missed a wonderful chance for glory sacrificed on the alter of finishing eigth. FFS

I really can't fathom how any true fan isn't gutted about such a missed opportunity. I'm almost jealous that they have so little anger and can accept without it spoiling their weekend and will be loyal to the club whatever and find positives. But them I realise these are the sort of dullards I have contempt for showing no passion or original thought.

I think the only response to this is "boo hoo we lost a game of football". And "LOL".

It's what all the bellends are saying.

Lots of talk of "meltdown" on this forum but the only people melting down are the lunatics like ALWAYS_SFC and this guy who can't seem to cope with fans being disappointed with a clearly abject performance, poor team selection and huge missed opportunity.

The logical end of this "how dare any of you complain..want the manager sacked do ya? Do ya?" train of thought is the belief that none of us should care whether we win or lose any game at all, ever. No one must ever invest any emotion into supporting Saints. At all. For any match. Happy now, Hedgehog?

Well it appears CB has already written down my thoughts on this thread .....

A much better question than 'what do we want' might be 'what does the manager want' ?

Watch MP's somewhat subdued or 'low key' performances in recent TV interviews, observe his (seldom out of his seat now) body language during matches. As a keen people watcher it seems to me that ever since Don Cortese's unexpected departure our manager appears to be losing interest in the team he is running. Perhaps that apparent lack of enthusiasm transmitted itself to the players and played a part in yesterdays debacle.

This fan would not be at all surprised to see him go in the summer.

You really need to get some perspective in your Iife mate. :mcinnes:

Nice judgement on me from someone who doesn't know me from Adam.

I look forward to our next defeat so you can once again go into your "boo hoo" routine.

What's brilliant about it is it really is razor-sharp observational comedy. Hilarious satire, insightful and, like, soooo true.

Keep it up, Mr Perspective.

I look forward to our next defeat so you can once again go into your "boo hoo" routine.

What's brilliant about it is it really is razor-sharp observational comedy. Hilarious satire, insightful and, like, soooo true.

Says the poster who judges everyone like he is an expert...dear oh dear:lol:

This a hundred times. Our best chances yesterday fell to our two best players. They are the ones that missed!

An apology for all the fans everywhere. Some compensation for the die-hards who gave up both their weekend and their hard earned cash. Not one member of SFC came out of that game with any credit. It reminded me of saints of old who would capitulate away from home at least once every season. I thought we had progressed more as a club. Although it wasn't our strongest team, let's face it - it should have been good enough to have defeated Sunderland reserves. The only positive I can come up with is it has saved me $5k on a trip back this year

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Your posts over one lost game of football are all the insight I probably need. Be disappointed sure...just think big picture a bit more perhaps?,

Hopefully, the majority of fans will applaud that statement, but we shouldn't forget that to have been holding up the league position we have, and having produced some of the performances we've done.. it takes a good squad to perform well every game. We are still a team in transition...this time last year we were still looking to avoid relegation. Right now, I'd be more than satisfied to finish 8th.

Certainly no other team in the league has introduced the number of new faces in home-grown talent that we have, but it needs time to bring in new talent (Sam Mc Queen got on the pitch yesterday for his sub.app). These lads may arrive on the conveyor belt, but there simply isn't the strength in depth on the bench to cover for injuries, suspensions and lack of form).

Thank goodness we didn't sell Jack Cork, Yoshida has looked better recently than at any time in the past, but Jos and Guly have just about passed their sell-by date, we shouldn't comment on Rickie because despite his age, his past record speaks for itself, but there will come a time when even he will regularly ....start on the bench.

The likes of Ramirez and Mayuka have never been convincing, and Osvaldo (who was trumpeted as a saviour in September)......should be forgotten ASAP.

and yet, the football world is still praising us for introducing young ENGLISH players into the game, but even they may have to wait a while to replace those international players who have already passed 100 caps.

What I want to see is; a steady improvement of the squad, (both from outside and the Academy), and a sensible acceptance that we will lose games against top teams...(and even ocassionaly some near the bottom,) and more fans willing to accept that we don't have a Divine Right to win every game in our newly-found, swashbucking style.

Edited by david in sweden

Loyalty and support work both ways. The management should show some respect to the travelling fans too.

Given that Sunderland fielded a team of 9 changes and Saints just 2-3, who do you think showed the most respect? :?

Neither side showed an ounce of respect for the cup, but at least Sunderland were honest about their priorities. We just stuck 2 fingers up to the fans with the ''biggest game of our season'' ''we can win the cup'' tripe. But it's not like we haven't done this before this year, we've been bitten twice by doing the same thing at the same stadium. Clearly didn't want to win.

What do I want? Naturally the assumption that disappointed fans ought to contemplate the alternative of wanting Pochettino gone/let's have Branfoot back, is ludicrous in the extreme. Ditto the position that we just lost one game of football, so get over it, also devalues the bitter disappointment that the majority of passionate fans are entitled to feel.

Let's get some perspective some say. Well my perspective is that we were in the last sixteen of the greatest football cup competition in the World and had a great opportunity to progress into the last eight and just one match away from the semi-finals. With the team we have and the way that we play, we probably had our best chance of actually winning it for many years. On our day, playing our strongest team, we can beat anybody.

For all of us who dared to dream, it is a kick in the teeth and when the club next expects us to pay over-inflated prices to watch us play the likes of Yeovil or to travel to distant places like Sunderland to watch us field an understrength team who don't seem to be up for winning the match, then they shouldn't be too disappointed if our support isn't at the level they might want next time around.

For all those who just shrug their shoulders, if they are happy to accept this sort of lackadaisical mediocrity, then fine. But for all the others with a bit more ambition and passion, console yourselves that the bitter disappointment felt by a large proportion of the fanbase will manifest itself to Pochettino and the players and if they value our support they will realise that it will not be acceptable next season.

Idont want to lose any game. The fact is that with our best team we let go a 2 goal lead earlier in the season. The players who came in did not let us down, we lost toa terrific goal and 2of our best players missed gilt edged chances.

We had a team of mainly British players who know what the FA cup means! they should not need the manager to say anything to lift their game.

It was certainly RL and KD ,Steven Davis last chance of getting to a cup final and so the defeat must be hard for them as well

After watching Saints for nearly 50years I am used to seeing us fall when we should prosper, perhaps the last few seasons have given us expectations higher than they deserve to be,

what we should really be concerned about is that MP will likely leave in the summer. We don't have NC who is a shrewd judge there to choose a successor, add to that many of the stars will be gone. The parking charges, and FB not allowed at the club will be small beer compared to what we may face this time next season.

We've all had a day to sleep on it. I still feel gutted and disappointed in MP and the team after yesterday. Haven't been so devastated since the day we went down, which says a lot.I don't feel that anything posted on here yesterday was an overreaction. The club really let all of us down as fans. I can accept defeat, but not in the manner we carried it out yesterday. MP is clearly a top manager but he got it horribly wrong yesterday. I was really looking forward to the game and it was a massive let down

We've all had a day to sleep on it. I still feel gutted and disappointed in MP and the team after yesterday. Haven't been so devastated since the day we went down, which says a lot.I don't feel that anything posted on here yesterday was an overreaction. The club really let all of us down as fans. I can accept defeat, but not in the manner we carried it out yesterday. MP is clearly a top manager but he got it horribly wrong yesterday. I was really looking forward to the game and it was a massive let down

Me too, I didn't sleep well at all.

Idont want to lose any game. The fact is that with our best team we let go a 2 goal lead earlier in the season. The players who came in did not let us down, we lost toa terrific goal and 2of our best players missed gilt edged chances.

We had a team of mainly British players who know what the FA cup means! they should not need the manager to say anything to lift their game.

It was certainly RL and KD ,Steven Davis last chance of getting to a cup final and so the defeat must be hard for them as well

After watching Saints for nearly 50years I am used to seeing us fall when we should prosper, perhaps the last few seasons have given us expectations higher than they deserve to be,

what we should really be concerned about is that MP will likely leave in the summer. We don't have NC who is a shrewd judge there to choose a successor, add to that many of the stars will be gone. The parking charges, and FB not allowed at the club will be small beer compared to what we may face this time next season.

If they leave it will be their choice not much point them being here if their hearts not in it.....

Whose fault is it that the players (especially the non-regulars) couldnt be bothered and werent up for it.

No, sorry, the message must have come down from on high that this game was unimportant, perhaps even a nuisance.

What do I want? Naturally the assumption that disappointed fans ought to contemplate the alternative of wanting Pochettino gone/let's have Branfoot back, is ludicrous in the extreme. Ditto the position that we just lost one game of football, so get over it, also devalues the bitter disappointment that the majority of passionate fans are entitled to feel.

Let's get some perspective some say. Well my perspective is that we were in the last sixteen of the greatest football cup competition in the World and had a great opportunity to progress into the last eight and just one match away from the semi-finals. With the team we have and the way that we play, we probably had our best chance of actually winning it for many years. On our day, playing our strongest team, we can beat anybody.

For all of us who dared to dream, it is a kick in the teeth and when the club next expects us to pay over-inflated prices to watch us play the likes of Yeovil or to travel to distant places like Sunderland to watch us field an understrength team who don't seem to be up for winning the match, then they shouldn't be too disappointed if our support isn't at the level they might want next time around.

For all those who just shrug their shoulders, if they are happy to accept this sort of lackadaisical mediocrity, then fine. But for all the others with a bit more ambition and passion, console yourselves that the bitter disappointment felt by a large proportion of the fanbase will manifest itself to Pochettino and the players and if they value our support they will realise that it will not be acceptable next season.

Good post, Wes.

Your posts over one lost game of football are all the insight I probably need. Be disappointed sure...just think big picture a bit more perhaps?,

What posts do you mean exactly?

The one responding to the idiot OP who thinks people are demanding the manager be sacked?

Or my posts taking the utter pi ss out of peoole like you falling over themselves to get their "boo hoo" routine in when the reaction on this forum has been, in the main, measured, sensible but dissappointed.

That big picture?

Perhaps I didn't word my thread correctly, what I meant was what do you want now. Perhaps people are misinterpretating what I was getting at. I too was dissapointed about the performance, team selection (although when announced felt it should have been good enough) and result, but because I didn't add swear words doesn't mean I wasn't upset, I was.

If Rickie hadn't missed that sitter then we would have brought them back to ST Marys and then who knows.

The Branfoot line was meant as sarcasm, although obviously that doesn't come accross well in print. What I was trying to say was that foreign managers don't care about the competition as much as we do, and their jobs are dependant on league results and positions rather than cup games, is that not why we got rid of Adkins, to go to the next level.

Nicoll lost his job because of our league position and we were then subjected to the Branfoot era, that then I feel over time resulted in our downfall.

My question is how do we move on from this, ie what do you want? How do you get back at the manager? What should the club be doing now?

Don't think anyone wants to get rid of the manager, I can understand why our fans (not all) are p&££ed off with yesterday, I was livid last season when we got beat by Leeds in the cup but I think more so this season as we're a much better outfit and even with that team yesterday we should of at least given them a game.

Just one of those days yesterday, I'm waiting to see how the team responds again WHU next week, then we'll know how good our manager is and if the team really respect him as much as it's reported.

Thank goodness someone has summed it up in two lines. Top post.

Thank goodness someone has summed it up in two lines. Top post.

No. I've slept on it and am still livid over 24 hours later. Naturally I'll still support Pochettino and the players, provided that they make more of an effort than they did yesterday and provided that they don't take our support for granted.

Both Pochettino and the players fell well short of the standard of application that any Saints fan is entitled to expect from them and I hope that the message has been received and understood by them that the next time we have as good a chance in the FA Cup, they had better be up for it.

A much better question than 'what do we want' might be 'what does the manager want' ?

Watch MP's somewhat subdued or 'low key' performances in recent TV interviews, observe his (seldom out of his seat now) body language during matches. As a keen people watcher it seems to me that ever since Don Cortese's unexpected departure our manager appears to be losing interest in the team he is running. Perhaps that apparent lack of enthusiasm transmitted itself to the players and played a part in yesterdays debacle.

This fan would not be at all surprised to see him go in the summer.

We played with passion against Hull.

But for all the others with a bit more ambition and passion, console yourselves that the bitter disappointment felt by a large proportion of the fanbase will manifest itself to Pochettino and the players and if they value our support they will realise that it will not be acceptable next season.

To answer the OP's question, this ^. Plus a public apology from MP, and for him to pay out of his pocket the expenses for the 900 or so fans who made the long journey up north to watch that shite. His bonus for finishing 8th should cover it.

Excellent post and perfectly summarised the sentiment from yesterday. I went and I am still seething that my dream has been stolen and shattered by the spin doctors by the club and the team selection that claerly stated that we do not give a f..k