Still angry after Sunderland?

9-3

I said that presser was going to be tasty...

Sounded like a load of codswallop from Senor Pochettino.

Why, for example, was Kelvin better for that team on that day than Artur ?

Well, he (Kelvin) had played every other Cup tie leading up - time to stop beating the drum on this one.

Like it or lump it you have to give your reserve keeper game time. We didn't lose because of Kelvin. At the end of the day we could and should have won the game even with the team we had.

Like it or lump it you have to give your reserve keeper game time. We didn't lose because of Kelvin. At the end of the day we could and should have won the game even with the team we had.
Why do we have to give Kelvin Davis more game time? He's already had a fair bit this season, about the same as most 2nd choice keepers. His selection was one of those that set the tone for the day, players and fans alike are well aware he's easily a level down from Boruc's standard unfortunately.

I understand the reason for giving your second choice keeper game time in the early rounds but not towards the end of the season with Wembley a couple of games away and nothing to play for in the league. Makes no sense at all.

If the likes of Olallana and Smirking Saint had been supporting Saints in 1976, then they wouldn't (I assume from their pathetic comments that they weren't) be talking such drivel. For those who were at Wembley in 1976 , out in the town on the Saturday night, in town for the open top bus parade, at Mick Channon's testimonial etc these were truly fantastic moments in what has in all honesty been a hard road supporting the Saints. Not just moments to be forgotten in a few weeks but memories that I and many thousand Saints fans will always cherish. That's why some of us are truly pisxed of with the attitude last week. We had an opportunity to re-create that very special magic again and we just couldn't be bothered.

This! Some of our "fans" never seem disappointed by defeats.... just here as mopo apologists

About time you moved on Alpine. You could become obsessed with this issue and alienate a lot of posters if you are not careful.

crikey, long-time lurker on here but this one is one of those posts that seems to be going way too far.

as far as i can tell, the following is true about the weekend:

We weren't significantly weakened, many fully capable first-team players played

We didn't lose to a horrendous error by any supposed weaker player

There was no guarantee that we would have won with some first-team players involved who were clearly injured (Fonte)

and most importantly:

We were not guaranteed to go the whole way and win the FA Cup as seems to be implied by the anger resulting from this one match.

Everyone would love a great cup run resulting in winning but there's only one team each year that can do this and it wasn't in any way guaranteed for us. Just as finishing higher up in the league isn't but that is very achievable over the remaining games whereas the cup is always a bit of a lottery.

I am afraid that once again, Saints fans are ripping in to each other over a potential outcome that was totally hypothetical.

Very much time to move on and forget about it, hope we strengthen in the summer, keep our existing young talent and have a squad next season genuinely capable of competing in a couple of trophies. The response to a result that was not a forgone conclusion all is somewhat crazy

crikey, long-time lurker on here but this one is one of those posts that seems to be going way too far.

There was no guarantee that we would have won with some first-team players involved who were clearly injured (Fonte)

and most importantly:

We were not guaranteed to go the whole way and win the FA Cup as seems to be implied by the anger resulting from this one match.

Everyone would love a great cup run resulting in winning but there's only one team each year that can do this and it wasn't in any way guaranteed for us. Just as finishing higher up in the league isn't but that is very achievable over the remaining games whereas the cup is always a bit of a lottery.

I am afraid that once again, Saints fans are ripping in to each other over a potential outcome that was totally hypothetical.

Very much time to move on and forget about it, hope we strengthen in the summer, keep our existing young talent and have a squad next season genuinely capable of competing in a couple of trophies. The response to a result that was not a forgone conclusion all is somewhat crazy

You need to calm down mush... don't you know where you are?

and jeeze! you really are a long time lurker... Joined Nov '12 - 1 Post... I don't think you'll fit in around these parts...

Out of (genuine) interest, how (seriously) angry are you people..?

Much more than I ought to be and I'm quite surprised about it myself. Our shiny new MP has lost some of his gloss, it's like having a new car and then it gets a big dent in the side or a girlfriend who has broke your trust, you can forgive but you will never forget :hunt:

"Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again"

and most importantly:

We were significantly weakened, just look at our performance - how many times have we played like that in the league? No-one has said that we were guaranteed to win the game if we'd played a fully strengthen side. No-one has said we were guaranteed to win the cup.

Where does it say you have to give your keeper goal time? Goal keepers play seasons without missing a game, absolute rubbish.

and most importantly:

Very good post. I think most people feel the same as you but we have a very vociferous minority that won't let things lie. Reminds me of the Hoddle debacle 10 years ago. The vast majority of fans were happy for Hoddle to come back but the vocal few blew the idea out of the water. Hope they don't chase Mopo away.

Davis didn't do anything wrong other than ****e kicking which Boruc isn't great at either. Why are we talking about him other than some mystical tone he supposedly set?

Not true. He stood routed to his line on several ocassions and one ocassion Clyne could not believe he would not come for it. It is EXACTLY that indeciseness that undermines the confidence of the rest of the defence. His kicking last Saturday was laughable.

and most importantly:

I'm very much with you on this one and this is coming from a 1976 veteran.

I havn't had the time or enthusiasm to read all the boll*cks on here since the Sunderland game but I have concluded that there are several regulars on here who wont be happy until we are playing regular "derby" games in League 2.

Much more than I ought to be and I'm quite surprised about it myself. Our shiny new MP has lost some of his gloss, it's like having a new car and then it gets a big dent in the side or a girlfriend who has broke your trust, you can forgive but you will never forget :hunt:

And I'll never have that recipe again"

"There would be another song for me;

For I will sing it;

There would be another dream for me;

Someone will bring it ..."

I havn't had the time or enthusiasm to read all the boll*cks on here since the Sunderland game but I have concluded that there are several regulars on here who wont be happy until we are playing regular "derby" games in League 2.

It certainly appears to be the case, they can run this thread longer than the Pimpey one and it still won't get us back in the cup.

MP had basically given Jesus Perez the reigns for the FA cup, and given players who wouldn't normally get a run out the opportunity. I think that was a factor in the selections last Saturday - there's an element of squad morale to think about (i.e. "thanks for getting us this far, now go and sit at the back" doesn't play too well).

On the plus side, it has restored my faith in Saints fans - for a while it (with the exception of the normal tossers) seemed fairly rational on here. This is the level of irrational vitriol I've been missing.

Believe you me, you will need an awful lot of time, because there is an awful lot of bullux to read. The usual subjects are out in force. Naturally this post means that I'm not a true fan as I'm not sat crying into my beer and holding a blade to my wrist.

Unfortunately after we lost, I got a little ****ed off, but applied some perspective and moved on in life. Apologies to all of those true fans out there who are currently seeking counselling.

Very good post. I think most people feel the same as you but we have a very vociferous minority that won't let things lie. Reminds me of the Hoddle debacle 10 years ago. The vast majority of fans were happy for Hoddle to come back but the vocal few blew the idea out of the water. Hope they don't chase Mopo away.

Haha!!

You were doing so well! You had to go and bring Glenda into the sense you've been talking all week. Cheeky little scamp.

And I'll never have that recipe again"[/QUOT

Thats exactly how i feel Grandad,soggy cake.

I really hope for Mopo's sake that the loss of momentum from fielding the weakened side last weekend, and the kicking the club has received this week as a result, doesn't carry over into another poor result at West Ham. Then the pressure would really be on. On the other hand, if we win, we can just slag him off for picking the wrong week to turn in a winning performance. Then we can all slag him off again when the FA Cup Quarter Finals come around. I am being serious. Still mightily ****ed off.

Glad the irrational anger has eased and we are back to disappointment and what may have been.

I think majority agree post 204 is best summary ;) and we can get back to enjoying a really good season.

Good result today and looking forward to Liverpool already!

This! Some of our "fans" never seem disappointed by defeats.... just here as mopo apologists

Glad to see that you could not possibly be WUMing as if you were, I am sure you would not make your posts so obviously naive. As trousers points out, we have no WUMs on here but a few do open themselves up to accusations of being WUMs due to their exhibition of WUM like tendencies.

So GS, as you have so much contact with 40,000 saints fans to be able to speak for the masses, with respect to how they feel after defeat, could you tell me how we should feel? We are obviously failing to be real fans in some way if we can't be in perpetual mourning following defeat... And should we like or dislike M. Pochetino ? Seriously, it's just so confusing and we need your guidance as you so obviously have all the answers.

I'm glad to see nick is here as the voice of reason I'm not sure where we would be without him. Heaven forbid that someone deviates from what nick thinks. I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned where we were four years ago yet.

Thanks. Do think different opions should be embraced, but sometimes a bit of rational balance helps in this emotional game.

Fours years ago today?

8th in league one after 29 games. 7 points off 6.

Thanks. Do think different opions should be embraced, but sometimes a bit of rational balance helps in this emotional game.

My favourite is when "balanced" people have opinions and then shortly after say that they never really thought that and make up odd post-rationalisations of what they kind of meant but didn't say. And continue to deny they ever held an opinion even when it is in black and white for all to see.

Oh, and I like it when "balanced" people simply make up other peoples opinions and then have a go at them for said fictional opinions.

Oh, NickG, the king of unemotional "balance".

My favourite is when "balanced" people have opinions and then shortly after say that they never really thought that and make up odd post-rationalisations of what they kind of meant but didn't say. And continue to deny they ever held an opinion even when it is in black and white for all to see.

Oh, and I like it when "balanced" people simply make up other peoples opinions and then have a go at them for said fictional opinions.

Oh, NickG, the king of unemotional "balance".

:lol: :lol: :lol: