Still angry after Sunderland?

9-3

My favourite is when "balanced" people have opinions and then shortly after say that they never really thought that and make up odd post-rationalisations of what they kind of meant but didn't say. And continue to deny they ever held an opinion even when it is in black and white for all to see.

Oh, and I like it when "balanced" people simply make up other peoples opinions and then have a go at them for said fictional opinions.

Oh, NickG, the king of unemotional "balance".

:lol:

Hoddle was 13 years ago.

Sunderland was 3 weeks ago.

HTH

It was 10 years ago that we failed to re-appoint Hoddle largely due to the vocal minority putting forward their own selfish reasons ahead of the club. This action signed and sealed our demise to League 1. Yes it still hurts !!

The fa cup defeat to Sunderland was like someone switching off one of the light switches in my house. I have lost interest in this season a bit to be honest. Something is missing, I've given my season ticket to a mate for a couple of games, choosing to do other stuff instead. I'll be back next week for Norwich but the gloss was taken off I'm afraid.

Still haven't picked up a point since Mopo screwed the season over at Sunderland. Complete Muppet. Just want the season to end now and see a few of our lads on the plane to Brazil, injury free. Couldn't be arsed if we finish 17th to be honest. Don't give a rats about the Palace game.

Not really much of a supporter in that case. No-one screwed up at Sunderland, too many of the players simply did not perform against the Sunderland reserve team.

Still annoyed yes. To the point i'm seriously thinking about not renewing my ST next year.

Might sound a little OTT, but if the aim of our manager is to disregard all the cup competitions, and aim for a 7th -10th place finish each year then really can't be arsed. We'll never finish top 6 without serious investment, so the cups are the only thing a club of our size can realistically aim for.

Still annoyed yes. To the point i'm seriously thinking about not renewing my ST next year.

Might sound a little OTT, but if the aim of our manager is to disregard all the cup competitions, and aim for a 7th -10th place finish each year then really can't be arsed. We'll never finish top 6 without serious investment, so the cups are the only thing a club of our size can realistically aim for.

I have been saying that all year mate and getting hammered for it, finally some of those lambasting me are coming round to see it for what it is, sleight of hand, an illusion nothing more than backed up by large hopeful words without serious money.

The glass ceiling I predicted has been reached, we now will sell our best players as poachers shall come and we obviously wont be able to get better in so we will decline, thats the reason the Cups (also the League Cup we played a far weaker team) are by far and away the best chance we have got of silverware, the happier ones can say all they want about excitement, good football and young players but thats no good if we flog them, play pretty but ineffective football and dont score goals.

Youre not alone. A few mates are season ticket holders and are now questioning ST renewals. Some were previously big mopo fans, but feel really let down by his attitude and approach to the cups.

Shame

It was 10 years ago that we failed to re-appoint Hoddle largely due to the vocal minority putting forward their own selfish reasons ahead of the club. This action signed and sealed our demise to League 1. Yes it still hurts !!
in your opinion Hoddle would have saved us, opinion only. he failed at every club after us and so there is doubt he would have done anything had he come back. If he had kept us up, we would now have the Liebherrs and the recent success. Yes we had pain but the climb back has been enjoyable.

Lol , the glorious cup winning side of 2014, they only have to turn up and win. Sunderland away, hull away and then it doesnt matter who else they would push them aside in the foregone conclusion the cup is ours.

Lets play a weakened team even, we dont even have to try..........................

Quite strange...

Strange reading here that people are angry about Morgan and Jay Rod being left out...

Then scan pre match thread and probably over half posts naming their best side for today leaving one or both out??

& considering (unless club blatently lying) JayRod not 100%.

You can see why glasgow 's imaginary friends think time to stop supporting saints! If you don't care about saints in league maybe time to get another hobby?

Angry - no , disappointed - yes still am

Lol , the glorious cup winning side of 2014, they only have to turn up and win. Sunderland away, hull away and then it doesnt matter who else they would push them aside in the foregone conclusion the cup is ours.

Except, of course, no one has said anything remotely like this.

But other than that, astonishingly insightful satire from you. Jolly well done.

Quite strange...

Strange reading here that people are angry about Morgan and Jay Rod being left out...

Then scan pre match thread and probably over half posts naming their best side for today leaving one or both out??

& considering (unless club blatently lying) JayRod not 100%.

You can see why glasgow 's imaginary friends think time to stop supporting saints! If you don't care about saints in league maybe time to get another hobby?

Angry - no , disappointed - yes still am

From looking at the posts NIck you are in the minority on this.

Still disappointed about the Sunderland game. It's clear that Poch got his selections all wrong - probably underestimated a much changed Sunderland XI - but those that were selected, seemed to lack any sort of desire on the day. Players and management should share that blame.

That said, I don't know why so many feel we can judge Poch's 'attitude' towards cup competitions based on his first full season in charge. Moyes got to one cup final in 11 years with Everton, but can't recall him ever being accused of not taking cup competitions seriously.

Probably a fair bit of this is a perceived 'aloofness' owing to Poch's nationality, rather than anything tangible. It doesn't help that Poch doesn't do interviews after cup games, but remember hearing a fair few fans moaning at Stadium of Light that Poch should 'f*ck off back to Spain and manage Real Madrid'.

People seem to forget this is only our second season back in the Prem, and yes we don't have the worries of relegation this year and cups therefore assume a higher priority, but Adkins fielded much-changed teams in the cups last year and barely received any stick. (Sunderland's cup runs this year suggest that the battle for survival and decent cup runs can be balanced to some degree)

The criticism levied at Poch is often that he doesn't seem to 'understand' fans passion for the cups (whereas a British manager naturally would), but I think we should give Poch a bit more time before we make those sort of snap judgements. It seems incredible to me that a manager as supposedly ambitious as Poch, would not want to add silverware to his C.V.

Except, of course, no one has said anything remotely like this.

But other than that, astonishingly insightful satire from you. Jolly well done.

well to me it seems that by the tone of the posts it is that we have gifted away our chance of winning the FA cup. Our arrogance is that we should beat Sunderland by playing fans choice of the best starting 11 (that is a large combination) and once Sunderland were cast aside then of course as we would beat whoever the gods throw up at us in the following games. IMO the team we put out we should have got through, afterall Sunderland had put out 9 changes. Of course had we not won with the so called best 11 can you imagine the posts on here, all of a sudden Puncheon would have been the man to win it or Guly should have played. The brutal truth is that our best players who were there on the day missed very easy chances and we should have got a draw. There is no guarantee who we put out we would have won, although I concede we may have had a better chance. They were there for the taking and we blew it, i would have played the first eleven had i been manager but I also saw the need to rotate the squad. had our game at Hull been cancelled on the tuesday i expect we would have been fresher.

Youre not alone. A few mates are season ticket holders and are now questioning ST renewals. Some were previously big mopo fans, but feel really let down by his attitude and approach to the cups.

Shame

Sounds like it will save them a lot of money if they are only interested in cups and not the league. Wonder why the silly sods didn't think of this earlier.

well to me it seems that by the tone of the posts it is that we have gifted away our chance of winning the FA cup. Our arrogance is that we should beat Sunderland by playing fans choice of the best starting 11 (that is a large combination) and once Sunderland were cast aside then of course as we would beat whoever the gods throw up at us in the following games. IMO the team we put out we should have got through, afterall Sunderland had put out 9 changes. Of course had we not won with the so called best 11 can you imagine the posts on here, all of a sudden Puncheon would have been the man to win it or Guly should have played. The brutal truth is that our best players who were there on the day missed very easy chances and we should have got a draw. There is no guarantee who we put out we would have won, although I concede we may have had a better chance. They were there for the taking and we blew it, i would have played the first eleven had i been manager but I also saw the need to rotate the squad. had our game at Hull been cancelled on the tuesday i expect we would have been fresher.

Except the "tone of the posts" suggested nothing of the sort. Just fiction in your head.

Plenty on here, me included, have never thought we were in any danger of winning the FA Cup and I have said that many times here, as have others.

But we could have made a better fist of our single biggest game of the season than we did. We self destructed unnecessarily.

Except the "tone of the posts" suggested nothing of the sort. Just fiction in your head.

Plenty on here, me included, have never thought we were in any danger of winning the FA Cup and I have said that many times here, as have others.

But we could have made a better fist of our single biggest game of the season than we did. We self destructed unnecessarily.

It appears that the whole concept is far too tricky for the hard of thinking.

well if you thought we had no chance of winning the cup why all the upset. Afterall it was 'the biggest game of the season', why Sunderland is classed is that please let me know as in your words we were not going to win anything

well if you thought we had no chance of winning the cup why all the upset. Afterall it was 'the biggest game of the season', why Sunderland is classed is that please let me know as in your words we were not going to win anything

Because we could have got to Wembley, maybe even twice. And have got into Europe.

You do realise we ain't winning the league anytime soon, don't you?

Because we could have got to Wembley, maybe even twice. And have got into Europe.

You do realise we ain't winning the league anytime soon, don't you?

This - the season ended at the Stadium of Light. Apart from the "who might go to Brazil" speculation, there is not much to get excited about. Such a waste of a good opportunity!