Would you like Vince McMahon to buy us?

Bad Wolf

Rumour was this week that WWE Owner Vince McMahon was interested in buying Newcastle United however was simply going to use it to promote the WWE (as well as probably his other business' too). I think as a wrestling fan myself, it'd be a nice little novelty at first that would soon wear off.

He's worth a ton of money and would probably pump it in however, my question is would his motives matter? If he (or any other business man really) came in and spent tons of money, brought the club success however was only using it to big up his other business' would you like that?

Of course the rumour of Vince buying Newcastle has since been denied but it got me wondering what you'd all think of our club being linked with this man, or someone similar (i.e Ted Turner, Donald Trump etc)

Paul Allen c2007 ?

That did cross my mind!

100% the strangest hypothetical I've seen on here.

Well he was linked with buying the club one place below us in the week and isn't the first American business man to be linked with buying a PL club.

Was there anything in the Paul Allen story, it made the BBC news and a half page article in the Telegraph.

Well yes and no. Apparently some members of the Saints board at the time got duped by a tinpot impostor who said he was

acting on behalf of Paul Allen. According to the "fact" at the time he got to analyse the accounts and everything. Pity that whole thread can't be salvaged from whatever the forum was called at that time.