WHU 3 Saints 1 Match Reaction

Glasgow_Saint

Very very poor

Lambert is awful

poor defending

ponderous in attack

Gaston was our MoM by a country mile and did more on the pitch than any others

time to get back to basics, get Big vic and lovren back in.

I would actually drop lambert and give SG a run. Lamberts legs have gone for this level

I think Lambert sadly is as good as finished, age has caught up with him. A few of us have said since before xmas that his lack of mobility is killing us. Would really like to see Gallagher get a few games. Gaston was good though. You have to wonder if the players have mentally switched off, much like Swansea did last year

Spider I thought was shocking today. Cork should have stayed on. Gallagher should have come on earlier as well as Gaston.

Is the managers mind elsewhere?

Just goes to show how one decision can change a game. West ham were never in it until the lino gave "Onside"rather than offside. The helped West ham and gave them a boost they didnt deserve.

On another note...we cant seem to compete against physical teams. Dejan back and Wanyama next week please for Spider and Yoshi.

Again, for hovering over the post button to get the match reaction thread, you are a complete waste of oxygen.

Appalling result for Saints and MP. Lost to a very, very average side and can't keep making excuses when they dominate the ball like that. Good to have Lovren and Ramirez back, that's about the only positive. Villa at home was bad, but this is the most depressing league result of the season to me, losing that shower of sh1t. A victory for pub football.

On another day we would have one with that dominance of the ball..

We will ALWAYS dominate possession but fail to score if we keep playing Schneiderlin AND Cork/Wanyama AND Davis.

We need more creativity in there - all the more so because the delivery from the two full backs has been poor for much of the season.

The decline of Rickie hasn't helped at all, and contributes to the fact that it's all build-up, no finish.

Frustrating.

Need to get on some shooting practice.

Did not matter who the ref was today, in any case Clattenburg did a good job today, fair play to him.

I worry about what could happen in the summer, if we cannot end strongly.

If West Ham end above us i will be livid.

There were a few terrific moments, and on another day result could have gone the other way. Luke Shaw played some exciting football. Lallana his usual genius... except, um, when it actually mattered. But the huge positive was Gaston. If you imagine Lovren back at heart of the defense and Gaston now firing on all cylinders, and there could yet be some wonderful results in our future. But overall, incredibly disappointing.

I thought we played well, but got done by high balls into the box.

Are the bedwetters going to say we should have played Jos ?

Ricky was unlucky with the one that hit the post Ads and Gaston had good chances to equalize . We created loads of chances, but someone needs to clam the nippers down, as JWP, Chambers and Shaw all seem to be shooting too much when there are better options on.

Last year I turned the stream off as we were soooo babd at Upton Park. Today it was frustrating to lose, as we did enough to win it. Playing Vic and Lovren would have been a risk as they are not match sharp.

As for Clatenburg, I lost count of the handballs he didn't give, and he missed a nasty lunge at Jay Rod by that t@rd Nolan,

There were a few terrific moments, and on another day result could have gone the other way. Luke Shaw played some exciting football. Lallana his usual genius... except, um, when it actually mattered. But the huge positive was Gaston. If you imagine Lovren back at heart of the defense and Gaston now firing on all cylinders, and there could yet be some wonderful results in our future. But overall, incredibly disappointing.

I thought we played well, but got done by high balls into the box.

Are the bedwetters going to say we should have played Jos ?

Ricky was unlucky with the one that hit the post Ads and Gaston had good chances to equalize . We created loads of chances, but someone needs to clam the nippers down, as JWP, Chambers and Shaw all seem to be shooting too much when there are better options on.

Last year I turned the stream off as we were soooo babd at Upton Park. Today it was frustrating to lose, as we did enough to win it. Playing Vic and Lovren would have been a risk as they are not match sharp.

As for Clatenburg, I lost count of the handballs he didn't give, and he missed a nasty lunge at Jay Rod by that t@rd Nolan,

Some good posting amongst the dross..

It was one of those days today. We certainly created enough chances to win the game. Could have been very different if the linesman knew the offside rule - goals change games! West Ham were stronger than us, defended better than us and finished their chances. We do struggle against the anti-football teams like Stoke and West Sham

Our attack has been profligate all season - Lambert doesn't get into scoring positions as much as he used to, and both Lallana & JRod are average finishers at best.. Against lower half of the table crap (Hull, Fulham etc) our stranglehold on possession means that we get to keep trying until we score, while they struggle to get near our goal. Against anyone with even a whiff of mid-table about them, even if we dominate possession, the game becomes a finishing contest, which we have to be having a very good day to win.

Gaston was very good, Boruc and Lallana looked a little off the boil, Lambert poor once more. Looking forward to having Lovren back next weekend.

Fair play to West Ham, they were the better team today.

they were never the better side. what you smoking?? They were more effective but that doesn't make them better.

We had 25 shots, 69% possession, 11 corners... just couldn't convert chances. As is often the tale when teams park the bus against us. :(

This'll go down well if it makes it to KUMB... in terms of player quality we are significantly above them all over the pitch. Pochettino is unlikely to want any West Ham player in his starting XI. Lucky I'm not a West Ham season ticket holder, would need a neck brace. Yes, they won today but their style of football/rugby is dire to watch week in week out.

Nothing wrong with the selection, tactics or even the way we played today, just one of those days.

Seems worse than it is following on from the bad performance last time out.

A rare post of perspective among the hysteria - dominated the second half, yet lost it 1-0 - we have played much worse this season and won! Gaston's shift was very sharp.

Oh!Dear. Calamity Clattenburg the Twelf Man again for WetSpam. As soon as I saw he was to officiate I knew we were onto a hiding to nothing. We get nothing from him and he was just waiting for his chance to 'Yellow Card' Adam. Listened to The Saint and all the time Merrington was saying 'Sam has sussed us' Again!!! MP certainlt has a lot to answer to now.