Ralph Krueger upcoming appointment

saintoaks

I see nothing in his words except Wisdom & Encouragement for a long term future

Krueger insisted here yesterday: ‘It’s a question of continuing to grow what’s already there, it’s not about rebuilding anything. I have met the coaching staff and Mauricio Pochettino and spoke to the team. I know exactly what he needs - and I know exactly what he doesn’t need.

‘He doesn’t need someone getting involved in a day to day running of the team. He needs space to do his work, so that he can continue to grow the group. I get it, I totally get it. I feel the values that drive him.’...............

Everything needs to happen naturally. There need be no rush on either side. Pochettino needs to focus on all the important games coming up and I need to make space for him to do his work. He’s a very honest, strong personality with strong values. He should feel comfortable...............

Liebherr, who inherited Southampton after her father, Markus, died in 2010, is determined to place her mark on the club. ‘We’ve done everything very slowly and methodically, which is the way Katharina likes to do things,’ said Krueger.

‘They don’t need sudden changes of direction right now. My strengths are sport-specific on the hockey team-building side, but other strengths are on the leadership side. We need to take the whole leadership side to a different level.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2565804/Mauricio-Pochettino-backing-Southamptons-new-guru-Ralph-Krueger-shows-boss-support.html#ixzz2u8G21FGN

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have a friend who is into his ice hockey in a big way. He can't speak highly enough of Ralph and is very respected in the ice hockey world and meant to be extremely clever man. As he stats,

‘It’s about leadership and management. The sport I come from is irrelevant.

From what he says sounds very positive. Might give Poch more freedom which will help him. Not too worried so far.

Sounds like ponch told Hans gruber to keep his f*cking nose out! What was that stuff bout Redknapp never objecting to Clive Woodward? Not how I remember it!

Sounds slightly different to the Redknapp/Woodward set up/debacle, but as you say the single biggest unknown is MP's reaction.

Redknapp was never going to work with Woodward, particularly when Woodward was a bit more hands on than this guys brief seems, plus Woodward was being groomed to actually take over as manager at some point!

Turkish points out an interesting conundrum, in that if this guy is not hands on and perhaps somewhere higher up taking a lead in the Club and its development & strategy, then does this cross over with what Reed is doing?

Not really too worried, has the potential to be a good appointment but I can fully see Batmans point, from a glance it looks rediculous. Also raises serious questions about Reed (is he still here ?) as essentially his job is from an organisational stand point regarding the footballing excellence side (coaching/academy/fitness)

We really need a CEO in here that knows his stuff and quickly.

A dozen posts in and the slanging match has started already.....

I'm feeling positive about him, but I'd really like to know what his remit is.

Has KL stated what precisely his job will be? And how will he work with Les Read?

He's saying all the right things at the moment and has, on paper, all the right qualities needed for the coming years. Let's welcome him into the Southampton Way.

I for one will be keen to see what he can do.

This does kinda remind me of when Justin Timberlake made the switch from signing to acting, people laughed and said he would fail..... Justin Timberlake is now one of the worlds best actors and signers, so is proof it can be done.

My main worry is - succesful or not, how settled will he be? His heart is clearly with his ice hockey and if/when ice hockey offers come again will he simply jump ship?

If the guy is part of higher echelons of the club management I really don't see the issue seems to me a lot of clubs have high level managers who aren't football people but bring other strengths.

Going back to Woodward aren't a lot of the things he tried to introduce being employed by lots of football clubs now an appointment before it's time that had NC done it instead of rupes would have been hailed a masterstroke.

If the guy is part of higher echelons of the club management I really don't see the issue seems to me a lot of clubs have high level managers who aren't football people but bring other strengths.

Going back to Woodward aren't a lot of the things he tried to introduce being employed by lots of football clubs now an appointment before it's time that had NC done it instead of rupes would have been hailed a masterstroke.

dunno. what were the things he tried to do that no other club were doing 10 years ago?

The CEO of a private hospital is virtually never a doctor.

Not sure he's coming in as CEO is he? I thought we were still interviewing/waiting for the whoever has got it to become available and this Rogers guy appointed for the interim. Isn't Krueger coming in more on the sports development side, ie a similar role to what Les Reed does.

lets be honest, if this was another club with someone like NC leaving and the success under him and replacing him with an ice hockey coach. we would be pishing ourselves laughing

of course, now its us, its VERY different

I remember a time way, way back (lets call it about six weeks ago) when you would be falling over yourself to proclaim how "not bothered" you are about how we may look in the papers or be perceived by other fans.

"Not bothered, not bothered, not bothered".

These days you've turned in to a pant-pi ss ing hysterical old woman. Good work Delldays.

I remember a time way, way back (lets call it about six weeks ago) when you would be falling over yourself to proclaim how "not bothered" you are about how we may look in the papers or be perceived by other fans.

"Not bothered, not bothered, not bothered".

These days you've turned in to a pant-pi ss ing hysterical old woman. Good work Delldays.

wow, that is a new one for you

all else fails, throw in the magical 7th arguement or remind someone what they posted months ago

good work

:lol:

Not sure he's coming in as CEO is he? I thought we were still interviewing/waiting for the whoever has got it to become available and this Rogers guy appointed for the interim. Isn't Krueger coming in more on the sports development side, ie a similar role to what Les Reed does.

Which for me is a little worrying, I know Sir Les gets a hard job in here and was a woefull manager but from a development POV he has done a pretty good job here. So to swap him for an ice hockey coach is.... Well.... A new one

Yes you're right.

Well, they have great fights in ice hockey so look forward to a more robust style of play from Saints...

wow, that is a new one for you

all else fails, throw in the magical 7th arguement or remind someone what they posted months ago

good work

The magical seventh argument? Is that some Samaurai thing?

Delldays, your entire forum persona is based on back referencing your take on other people's old opinions. Look at your opening post on this thread you utter plum.

I see nothing in his words except Wisdom & Encouragement for a long term future

+ 1

If I read this about another club then I wouldn't be p*ssing myself laughing like some of the other posters on here. It's clear KL doesn't have time to run the club or sort out issues left befind after NC left. This guy at least comes from a sporting background, NC came from banking and we all know what a bunch of self-serving, arrogant people they are.

The magical seventh argument? Is that some Samaurai thing?

Delldays, your entire forum persona is based on back referencing your take on other people's old opinions. Look at your opening post on this thread you utter plum.

you managed to NOT mention the magical 7th place finish.

doing well

His role will be to improve leadership in the whole organisation (ticket office, corporate, HR, retail, PR and media etc). Heard him mention in a recent radio interview that the organisation employs approximately 700 staff. Therefore, nothing to worry about.

"I’ve had experience in major league sport and the principles are transferable. I will come in at the level of a well-informed fan and, as far as the team is concerned, I will stay in my place. No one has more information about what’s happening with the team than the head coach. I know that. I’ve been a head coach. I’ve been confronted with political situations, people without all the information trying to influence decisions.

"Everything needs to happen naturally. There need be no rush on either side. Pochettino needs to focus on all the important games coming up and I need to make space for him to do his work. He’s a very honest, strong personality with strong values. He should feel comfortable."

Good quotes.

Sounds like ponch told Hans gruber to keep his f*cking nose out! What was that stuff bout Redknapp never objecting to Clive Woodward? Not how I remember it!

Me neither, despite Rupert's (embarrassing) enforced press conference, in which they both declared not to have a problem working together.

My lasting memory of that was a final question posed by some mischievous bint from the media , "do you call him Sir Clive, Harry ?"

"do wot ?", to which she repeated the question.

"be' ave " said 'arry storming off.

Seem to recall Danny Higginbotham having to explain to SCW the difference between a throw-in in rugby and football. Sorry, skills are not transferable from one sport to another.

I would hope and expect Ralph's involvement to way off of the pitch and no where near coaching.

If he steps near the coaching side of it, then we have a major problem on our hands - but I think he'll be more of a voice/leader in the board room side of stuff.

I would hope and expect Ralph's involvement to way off of the pitch and no where near coaching.

If he steps near the coaching side of it, then we have a major problem on our hands - but I think he'll be more of a voice/leader in the board room side of stuff.

You reckon we will appoint a CEO aswell ie john williams?

Seem to recall Danny Higginbotham having to explain to SCW the difference between a throw-in in rugby and football. Sorry, skills are not transferable from one sport to another.

I think some people are expecting this

and I really don't think reading the quotes from the man that he is going to be anything to do with the on pitch stuff at all.