Ralph Krueger upcoming appointment

saintoaks

He sounds like the type of guy we needed to get Dani Osvaldo's aggression/skill focused on scoring goals instead of thumping team mates. I felt that Mopo's friendship with Dani played a small part in the incident. as Dani seemed to be lacking discipline at times, and Mopo may have been reluctant to really stamp out the behavior.

What do you think, would this guy have made a difference to Dani, and therefore our season? Or is he another windbag? I like to think he would have tried his best with Dani, but I'm not sure how Dani would have reacted. I feel that strikers need a bit of aggression in them, But does Dani have too much?

Its possible that Dani may return in the summer and these question's could be answered, but it does look unlikely.

See Roy Hodgson has asked GB Olympic cycling performance director Dave Brailsford to speak to players in England's World Cup warm-up matches.

According to the BBC; "Hodgson told BBC Radio Five in October 2012 that he would draw on the experiences of the country's other top national team coaches to help deliver success in football."

Surely that can't be right. The England national team manager asking people from other sports to get involved?

It's the end of football, and the world as we know it.

See Roy Hodgson has asked GB Olympic cycling performance director Dave Brailsford to speak to players in England's World Cup warm-up matches.

According to the BBC; "Hodgson told BBC Radio Five in October 2012 that he would draw on the experiences of the country's other top national team coaches to help deliver success in football."

Surely that can't be right. The England national team manager asking people from other sports to get involved?

It's the end of football, and the world as we know it.

The difference is that you can hire people with skills from outside your particular field to give one off or occasional services, you don't need to make them directors of the company with a permanent role that's obscure enough.

He sounds like the type of guy we needed to get Dani Osvaldo's aggression/skill focused on scoring goals instead of thumping team mates. I felt that Mopo's friendship with Dani played a small part in the incident. as Dani seemed to be lacking discipline at times, and Mopo may have been reluctant to really stamp out the behavior.

What do you think, would this guy have made a difference to Dani, and therefore our season? Or is he another windbag? I like to think he would have tried his best with Dani, but I'm not sure how Dani would have reacted. I feel that strikers need a bit of aggression in them, But does Dani have too much?

Its possible that Dani may return in the summer and these question's could be answered, but it does look unlikely.

It would have indeed made a difference, Osvaldo would have chinned Krueger too...

The difference is that you can hire people with skills from outside your particular field to give one off or occasional services, you don't need to make them directors of the company with a permanent role that's obscure enough.

Why? Why is it that you think that someone can do it once but not consistently?

This Krueger thing is good news purely because it shows KL planning for the future. I doubt she will do a Rupert and try and crow-bar him into a football role, according to the BBC the majority of his work will be on the commercial side. It will be interesting to see what role he has and what changes he makes.

True, but they could be useful to have around in the event of a change of management to help keep morale up - don't you think?

So do you not think that if dave Brailsford was given a permanent role assisting international football that we would not be stronger for it?

i disagree. If you read Bradley wiggins autobiography he said that sky hired the Aussie swimming teams coach and he made a huge difference because he brought an outsiders perspective. He asked the questions that everyone within the sport didn't because "this was the way it's always been done".

outsiders have not preconceptions and no emotional baggage. Maybe that was why nc was so effective.

A lot of comments on this guy here, but does anybody know what it is that he will actually be doing? What tasks will he be performing? It's impossible to judge his suitability for the job when nobody really knows what that job is?

It does say in the article and that is a cause of some concern. What are his duties?

Jamie thinks he's to replace NC.