2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Depends what its in... a 2:1 in say Physics/Maths/Biochemistry etc is worth a hole lot more than first in say English/history/media/social sciences etc...

Unless you're going for a job on the bbc at least :mcinnes::lol:

International Relations and Economics from Loughborough, so not overly wishy-washy from a Top 15 Uni

Nice to see that the videos and player promos have actually got the sponsor physically on the shirt this year, as opposed to the smoke and mirrors, editing and photoshop they had to use as there wasn't a sponsor last summer... and I bet we actually have the shorts pictured as opposed to a completely different style from those in some of the photos as was the case with the away and GK kits last season.

Nice to see that the videos and player promos have actually got the sponsor physically on the shirt this year, as opposed to the smoke and mirrors, editing and photoshop they had to use as there wasn't a sponsor last summer... and I bet we actually have the shorts pictured as opposed to a completely different style from those in some of the photos as was the case with the away and GK kits last season.

Can you describe to me how you feel right now? Regrading the kit obviously

Not a big fan of stripes, mainly because I associate them with Stoke and Sunderland recently, but this kit looks really good, I even like the socks.

As above, would prefer we moved to navy blue instead of black shorts, it's part of our history, and would set us apart form the other red and white striped teams.

I'm with this too. Can't stand the black shorts.

What, footer bags? The problem with you Saints is just because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of half-wits to disfigure the Premier League by going around in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting "Come on you Saints" and you imagine that it is the voice of the people. That is where you make your bloomer, Saints! What the voice of the people is saying is, look at those frightful ass Saints wearing vile black shorts have you ever in your puff seen such a bunch of perfect perishers?

Or something like that.

What did he say and when? I've seen he's got a kit pic on there now, but he didn't upload that til 10am.

About 2 months ago, he gave a big hint on ig talking about stripes and with a picture of him in stripes in the championship year

I must say I liked the all-red look in principle but it is nice to see the stripes back.

I'll echo the call for navy shorts.

And another.

Something like this next year would be nice. (someone's knocked the adidas shirt up before)

mvt0qp.jpg

Nike do it quite well too.

You're not alone, you're just in a very small minority. :D

Fair enough.

I've said before. I'm not overly fussed by stripes or non-stripes. I'm actually not overly bothered about kits in general.

They're worn for a season, then changed. I don't mean to take a pop at anyone, as clearly people do care about it. I just really cannot understand why people get so worked up.

It might grow on me. Last season's one did, meh.

Can you describe to me how you feel right now? Regrading the kit obviously

Relief that the board "get it" mostly. Half an hour of interest in design and details after kit unveil, ten minutes of resignation to the prices, a few copies of pics to my phone, a bunch of random brain dumping about it on here, and now forget all about it for a few weeks until it can be bought, other than hopefully some new signings holding or wearing it.

I'm not even in Southampton on kit launch day, ironically I'll be at the fans' football competition in Preston (where the team will still be wearing the 2011 striped shirts, having avoided all red shirt "upgrades" in the meantime). Some other time it might actually be a nice viral campaign to debut the new kit on a fans' team, but this year there would be far too many jokes about them being the only players we have left...

Edited by The9

About 2 months ago, he gave a big hint on ig talking about stripes and with a picture of him in stripes in the championship year

Oh, the "who likes stripes?" thing with him with crazy hair? Yeah, had forgotten about that, was looking at more recent stuff. Thing is, it's always an easy "go to" for a load of likes, I didn't read too much into it - the striped scarves at Swansea and Home and Heart logo having stripes on it were the biggest clues for me in hindsight.

Interesting to note that my comments about what Krueger said about stripes at the Awards also now make sense again. Very good that the board identified that the red was really not what most Saints fans wanted or expected and went to the effort of getting something else produced.

Absolutely love this kit! Stripes can look bad (aka Stoke) but this looks really classy, love the mini stripes in the red stripes and the other small details. Very chuffed :D They'll sell out quick for Christmas I imagine, even with the £50 tag!

Absolutely love this kit! Stripes can look bad (aka Stoke) but this looks really classy, love the mini stripes in the red stripes and the other small details. Very chuffed :D They'll sell out quick for Christmas I imagine, even with the £50 tag!

You must be the same sort of customer that shops in sports direct and thinks that joggers and a Lonsdale top look good on a night out

You must be the same sort of customer that shops in sports direct and thinks that joggers and a Lonsdale top look good on a night out

Why? Because he thinks that within the parameters of football shirts looking classy, the shirt looks classy? It's no DJ and dress shirt, but as far as football shirts go, there are a lot of more plasticky, more shiny, worse designed, logo-laden, clashing, ugly patterned ones out there. This is indeed, quite decent.

There's now a poll (at least I hope there will be soon), so you can vote and we'll see how people generally feel about it...

Why not just put the first team in tailored suits and have done with it? :D

or people who don't like being ripped off by their own club... with no marketing collateral and sales infrastructure overheads , those shirts should retail for about £20 or do you think Adidas etc etc get advertising space in the media and stadia for free , come on mate , try harder to think things through properly before insulting people and making yourself you stupid..... [ no offence LOL ]

See the snobs are out because its missing a addidas logo or a tick ....ha ha.. some people

or people who don't like being ripped off by their own club... with no marketing collateral and sales infrastructure overheads , those shirts should retail for about £20 or do you think Adidas etc etc get advertising space in the media and stadia for free , come on mate , try harder to think things through properly before insulting people and making yourself you stupid..... [ no offence LOL ]

All very good, but entirely lanced with one statement.

The price is what the market will bear.

Either you like the shirt or don't! Whether you're going to buy it or not is a completely different kettle of fish...

People not buying it because it isn't Adidas or Puma or Nike is wrong IMHO...

See the snobs are out because its missing a addidas logo or a tick ....ha ha.. some people

I haven't seen anyone say that yet.

EDIT: Other than the sarcastic post above anyway.

Edited by The9

Either you like the shirt or don't! Whether you're going to buy it or not is a completely different kettle of fish...

People not buying it because it isn't Adidas or Puma or Nike is wrong IMHO...

I don't think it's "wrong", but I also don't think there's many of them out there for the match shirt - maybe for the training kit.

£50 is steep, but people will pay it.

You seem to have forgotten that brands pay clubs to supply their kit and do indeed get all the associated branding and advertising as part of that deal - this season we don't have that revenue stream and they've actually had to pay to have the kit made, so there's a shortfall, and it's clearly gone onto the retail price of the kit. On the bright side, no-one else has done Saints' distribution for years, so there are no additional costs there.

I'd be careful about who is making themselves look stupid.

Oi what wrong wiv me Lonsdale to and joggers , blo.ody sandwich brigade in their blo.ody blazers

Oh yeah and I quite like the new top may even buy one

£50 is steep, but people will pay it.

I wonder if it may have been a bit cheaper if they didn't have to scrap 'the other one'. There must have been a financial hit if it was already in production.

And I wouldn't have expected them to go too low as it would have jumped back up again next year with a return of adidas/whoever and upset fans that way. £40 sounds about right for 'own brand'.

Just put one of the shirts on, what I can say is that the material feels nice. The armpits have a mesh like airflow type material. The Veho logo is quite flexible and decent quality, but may be susceptible to the 'cracking' that happens in those plastic transfers.

What I will say is that the sizes seem quite small, I tried a large and it was pretty tight. I often buy medium t-shirts.

Its awful. Not the stripes (I won't be wearing it down Wallsend High Street) but the naffness of homemade shirts.

I thought those days of (S) were over when we left The Dell.

We finished 8th in PL FFS ! Our media profile has never been so high. Who were aap3 ? Who are weho or whatever ?

We should have big name Sponsors and big name manufacturers bidding for the contracts...

Unless I'm missing something and we are pricing ourselves too high.

Edited by adysaint

Its awful. Not the stripes (I won't be wearing it down Wallsend High Street) but the naffness of homemade shirts.

I thought those days of 'S' were over when we left The Dell.

We finished 8th in PL FFS ! Our media profile has never been so high. Who were aap3 ? Who are weho or whatever ?

We should have big name Sponsors and big name manufacturers bidding for the contracts...

Unless I'm missing something and we are pricing ourselves too high.

maybe we should have a prestige household name sponsor like AIA whatever that stands for.

What, footer bags? The problem with you Saints is just because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of half-wits to disfigure the Premier League by going around in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting "Come on you Saints" and you imagine that it is the voice of the people. That is where you make your bloomer, Saints! What the voice of the people is saying is, look at those frightful ass Saints wearing vile black shorts have you ever in your puff seen such a bunch of perfect perishers?

Or something like that.

Nice Wodehouse reference there. I wonder if anyone else noticed and/or got it.

Tadic is still dragging on, Pelle should be sealed by Tuesday. None have flown over yet! Heard we're in for a Scottish left back, though not necessarily Robertson. Still don't think we'll be getting our CB target.

And as for the Degree thing, I *did* make it clear i was joking!

Celtic left back maybe?

Emilio izaguirre??

Edited by Dazza82

Tadic is still dragging on, Pelle should be sealed by Tuesday. None have flown over yet! Heard we're in for a Scottish left back, though not necessarily Robertson. Still don't think we'll be getting our CB target.

Is this because its an over ambitous target ?