Ralph Krueger - Chairman

david in sweden

What's all this about Ralph Kreuger - new chairman ? ........well according to The Telegraph anyway.

Not the first chairman we've had who isn't " football " but someone who highly sport-oriented and has a world-famous reputation as a leader and motivator.

So full steam ahead ....and s*d it with the offside law .....what's all this about the blue line, Ralph ?

Edited by david in sweden

i reckon he will bring new + innovative ideas! Has anyone ever tried dribbling the ball round the back of the goal? I reckon it would work! Lets say JRod dribbles the ball round the back of the goal and comes out the other side and while the Hull Tigers are still confused, Rick Lambart could be on the penalty spot waiting + JRod could slide it back to him (RL cannot be offside cos the pass will be backwards) and then Rick Lambart will have a free slap shot at the basket!

Happy to give the bloke a chance and can see many positives he could bring to the club, but in isolation, his appointment to the specific role of chairman is a bit odd. I guess it will be worth waiting to see what the whole new boardroom team look and act like before really being able to make any judgement.

i reckon he will bring new + innovative ideas! Has anyone ever tried dribbling the ball round the back of the goal? I reckon it would work! Lets say JRod dribbles the ball round the back of the goal and comes out the other side and while the Hull Tigers are still confused, Rick Lambart could be on the penalty spot waiting + JRod could slide it back to him (RL cannot be offside cos the pass will be backwards) and then Rick Lambart will have a free slap shot at the basket!

I have long thought the concept of a fair fight should be introduced. This would put an end to embarrassing situations like we had at Everton when lallana was starting on Distan while walking away and looking for wanyama and lambarts. I like lallama and know distan might be a skate or whatever but it would have been good if the ref just blow his whistle and said that he will let them fight it out for a few mins. "Lallana you've changed, now put your gum shield in slivan is waiting".

on contrary, he's always been fond of Skates. Why did you censor puck?

I didn't, it did when in posted it.

Puck

Pu ck

See. Guess it must be the same as S****horpe.

Edit- weird it didn't do it this time and when I changed my post it was okay. Maybe it was me after all. FFS

So long as he introduces the concept of a Slap Shot when in sight of goal with 1 or 2 poised ready to scrimmage to get the ball past the net minder then: hoorah!!

Where are they going to put the Organ Player!?

Seriously though if he can keep the Southampton ball rolling in the direction it has been going in the last few years then what's to complain about, sport science, motivation etc has come along a long way since the days of SCW when football was still coming to terms with electricity, which we all know was the work of the Devil according to Brother Redknapp!

From all the brief interview snippets that have been posted on here his quotes have been spot on and he seems to 'get' what is and isn't required.

Also comes off the back of an Olympic gold medal in a team sport.

End of the day the key is what his remit is, what job KL wants him to do and what she will fund him to do. Cortese did a superb job with lots of control and resources, hopefully Kreuger will have similar, albeit with a different personal style.

From all the brief interview snippets that have been posted on here his quotes have been spot on and he seems to 'get' what is and isn't required.

Also comes off the back of an Olympic gold medal in a team sport.

End of the day the key is what his remit is, what job KL wants him to do and what she will fund him to do. Cortese did a superb job with lots of control and resources, hopefully Kreuger will have similar, albeit with a different personal style.

Exactly. If we hired dave Brailsford as chairman this would be met with excitement and interest. This appears to be a similar sort of appointment imo and could be a shrewd move. The most important thing is to get pochetinno to sign a new contract as that will be a statement if intent.

Hahahaha...you just have to look at the picture the Telegraph used of MP to know that's going to please a lot of the body language "experts" although the article itself is pretty upbeat. I have to say I'm pleased with the appointment...forward thinking and a statement from KL she's committed to the future of the club.

What happened to that bloke from Blackburn?

John Williams? I guess a lot depends on whether Krueger being chairman means he's just the head of the board, or whether he will be the acting chief exec too. I imagine we'd still need a chief exec. We will find out soon enough.

Since when have chairman needed to be from a football background. Liverpool are doing ok.

Let this guy run the business and mo po and Les Reed can concentrate on the football decisions. Seems like a fine idea to me.

Not entirely sure which opinions you're reacting to here. I haven't seen any comments on this thread suggesting he needs a football background. I thought it was Barry's job to over-react to non-existent posts.

Since when have chairman needed to be from a football background. Liverpool are doing ok.

Let this guy run the business and mo po and Les Reed can concentrate on the football decisions. Seems like a fine idea to me.

How much of a business background has he got? At the moment, it is very hard to make a judement on this appointment in isolation, without knowing who else he'll be working with.

Interesting times, the key will be whether he intereferes with Pochettino's management style and if they can work together.

Everything he said in that BBC article a while ago suggests he knows he's got to keep his distance (except if/when MP asks for his input), so that would suggest he's got a pretty good grasp on what's going on.

Everything he said in that BBC article a while ago suggests he knows he's got to keep his distance (except if/when MP asks for his input), so that would suggest he's got a pretty good grasp on what's going on.

Yeah, there was also a longer radio clip from the US where he said the same and seemed to have a very good grasp of the role needed, and sounded very respectful of MP and the job he was doing.

He has managed teams and national teams so he knows the Manager/Coach needs to be left to do their job, and the areas you can assist is around the sides of that.