Lloyd Isgrove loaned to Peterborough

stevegrant

As per the thread title, Lloyd Isgrove has been loaned to Peterborough for the rest of the season. As a result, he'll be eligible to play in the Johnstones Paint Trophy final later this month.

An interesting development considering Les Reed's comments on the Footballers Football Show on Sky a few days ago.

fa1e1ea4b49a59e6f2dff8365fa69f0a_bigger.jpegSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

Les Reed: “Peterborough play the correct way and with a style which will suit ‘Izzy’.”

Les Reed: “We look forward to monitoring his progress of the rest of the season and welcoming him back in the summer.” #saintsfc

First time we've seen direct quotes from Les Reed on the Saints twitter feed re: player movements, isn't it? That's gotta be worth a conspiracy theory or two.... ;)

Typically we only do this with players who aren't getting offered a new deal in the summer. Gives them a chance to earn a deal elsewhere or catch the attention of another club.

Same sort of thing that happened to Ben Reeves I guess.

Like Ben Reeves simply not good enough at this level. I thought he was only given 1 year contract last year to prove himself. Perhaps Les Reed quote was slip of the tongue wheres in actual fact he will be binned?

Maybe slipped in to try and give the lad a bit of hope that the door isn't shut. Either way, not a great sign that he is being loaned out but it should at least help him establish a league career.

Don't think he'll quite make it for us, so this is a good opportunity to go out and prove himself at a decent club.

I wonder what would have happened to Lallana as an academy graduate if we'd be a top 10 Premier League Club when he was coming through the ranks for example.

He looks like a bit of a bellend... but I just can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is that makes me think that...

When you make snap judgements about people when you know little about them, this is is usually attributed to 'projection'. Do you think you are a bellend, or maybe you think other people think you are. Something to consider...

He looks like a bit of a bellend... but I just can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is that makes me think that...

Administrators this comment is totally unacceptable. I've met Lloyd in Austria and we chatted for about 10 minutes at the training camp. He is a great lad and I just can't understand why someone should be allowed to get away with such a stupid comment.

Administrators this comment is totally unacceptable. I've met Lloyd in Austria and we chatted for about 10 minutes at the training camp. He is a great lad and I just can't understand why someone should be allowed to get away with such a stupid comment.

Because this forum is not moderated with common sense.

Instead , you get infra yes for stamping on people's dreams

Dont understand why he hasnt got a chance this season. Looked promising during the Villach friendlies.

He was electric and I think this is a great move for him and Peterborough, but he needs to develop and Peterborough will be fantastic for him.

He needs to go out and earn his next contract hopefully with Saints.

Edited by Andy Durman

Ages since I have been on here but having read your innane drivel I suggest that you find another forum to troll. I have met this lad several times and can assure you that he is a fantastic young man - I for one wish him all the very best on his loan spell and look forward to him maybe coming back to Saints in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
Are they really that poor?

They are relative to the Saints first team (not to League One), and Isgrove is 21 years old so really has to kick on if he is to make it at Saints. Its not looking good for him in terms of his future at a top half Premier League side with his contract ending this summer and he can't make it into a League One playoff side.

Edited by Matthew Le God