EX GUZZ Salts

Batman

for those that have not been around the area in a long time. It has changed very much

the RN is no way as humungous as it used to be in the area and union street is virtually closed down (compared to back in the day)

there is only about 10 bars up there now (most are awful) Blondes, OZ, boobs etc have all LONG gone. Jesters (ex Mr Sweets), Two Trees and the Clipper keeping the flag flying.....

a lot of the 'character' around stoke/keyham has gone with most pubs shut down

its going the way of southampton with every building being turned into apartments and pedestrian-ized city centre.

:(

for those that have not been around the area in a long time. It has changed very much

the RN is no way as humungous as it used to be in the area and union street is virtually closed down (compared to back in the day)

there is only about 10 bars up there now (most are awful) Blondes, OZ, boobs etc have all LONG gone. Jesters (ex Mr Sweets), Two Trees and the Clipper keeping the flag flying.....

a lot of the 'character' around stoke/keyham has gone with most pubs shut down

its going the way of southampton with every building being turned into apartments and pedestrian-ized city centre.

:(

Plymouth has always been ****, full of RN and squaddies looking for women, are there women in Plymouth? A depressing windy City near a river, the sea and a moor.

Plymouth has always been ****, full of RN and squaddies looking for women, are there women in Plymouth? A depressing windy City near a river, the sea and a moor.

hardly any squaddies here. not sure where you get that from

hardly any squaddies here. not sure where you get that from

From the fact squaddies go there, not many true but they do from up the road, and Plymouth is still a God awful place full of inbreds and strange things rolling in off the moor, the local population is a far more offensive deterrent than our RN.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

From the fact squaddies go there, not many true but they do from up the road, and Plymouth is still a God awful place full of inbreds and strange things rolling in off the moor, the local population is a far more offensive deterrent than our RN.

much like scousers then...

Yes they do, I have been to Plymouth a few times and I always found it the same, unfriendly, windy and ****e, Exeter is a far better place for a bevy but I have to admit it has been a few years since I have been there.

tell us about the times you visited plymouth where did you stay, where did you go. what did you do???

tell us about the times you visited plymouth where did you stay, where did you go. what did you do???

Met my mate from Southampton who was/is in RN based there and went down Union Street, standard really, crap. I stayed in the Ritz and I landed ostriches on the back of the aircraft carriers after a few Woods Navy Rums, the lads loved it and wanted me to sign up straight away.

Met my mate from Southampton who was/is in RN based there and went down Union Street, standard really, crap. I stayed in the Ritz and I landed ostriches on the back of the aircraft carriers after a few Woods Navy Rums, the lads loved it and wanted me to sign up straight away.

so, basically full of sheeeeeeite, then

when did you go down union street? what year, what bars did you go to???

Edited by Batman

I did say on the whole Batman, on the whole Scouse women look after themselves far far more than any other woman I have been with from the UK by a long long stretch.

Maybe the lookers from the rest of the UK have better taste?

scouse girls are in no way, hard to get...

aintreepics1.jpg

They are good fun, gregarious, not stuck up in the main regardless of job and title and if they enjoy ****ging around as much as the men do why not? Better than have a minging screw and women who dont put out and still look as rough as a badgers arse, I know what I would rather have on a night out.

Completely disagree.

Went down to Plym to hang with my best mate for a few days after a break-up with a girl. The Navy lads were a top laugh and I can confirm that there were plenty of women.

It was a fine drinking town.

Completely disagree.

Went down to Plym to hang with my best mate for a few days after a break-up with a girl. The Navy lads were a top laugh and I can confirm that there were plenty of women.

I dont know where you saw women there, did they draft them in?

Completely disagree.

until the last few years. One thing plymouth ISNT/wasnt, for a night out.... is standard

Edited by Batman

They are good fun, gregarious, not stuck up in the main regardless of job and title and if they enjoy ****ging around as much as the men do why not? Better than have a minging screw and women who dont put out and still look as rough as a badgers arse, I know what I would rather have on a night out.

Will never forget my first few months here. Used to hang around with a mush called Macca, a local who'd taken us all under his wing.

On one of our first nights out, we're rinsed and walking through Church Street. Walking past a big gang of girls, Macca starts pointing at them and with a big scouse accent, says:-

"You're making an effort. She's making an effort. But you CLEARLY aren't making an effort!"

Immediately back from the girl;

"'Ey! I'm making an effort!"

Macca's not especially good looking, and neither were too many others in our Software Engineering crowd. Just doesn't seem to be as important up here. People are more interested in the laugh. I think it's the Irish in 'em.

I dont know where you saw women there, did they draft them in?

The only place I can remember the name of is Jesters. We were also down on the Barbican.

until the last few years. One thing plymouth ISNT/wasnt, for a night out.... is standard

Yeah, would agree with that. Most other places don't have Military Police waiting (with some justification) for it all to kick off.

The only place I can remember the name of is Jesters. We were also down on the Barbican.

Yeah, would agree with that. Most other places don't have Military Police waiting (with some justification) for it all to kick off.

Winchester and Leeds I can recall seeing MP's ready outside boozers for it to go off.

union street used to be legendary. People I know from all over the show had heard of it.

back in the day, you would have an RN field hospital van with a Navy Police van parked outside Two Trees

that is not to say it kicked off (although vast numbers of locals, Navy and Marines made it interesting) but the sheer volume of people in one street was incredible and with everywhere shutting at 2am (back then). getting home was always fun.

some of the bars down union street were legendary in their own right. Im sure View from the Top will verify that

no way like that now, though

baribcan is still a good night out and absolutely electric on bank holiday sundays (with nice weather)

Jesters is still there. but always very empty

Will never forget my first few months here. Used to hang around with a mush called Macca, a local who'd taken us all under his wing.

On one of our first nights out, we're rinsed and walking through Church Street. Walking past a big gang of girls, Macca starts pointing at them and with a big scouse accent, says:-

"You're making an effort. She's making an effort. But you CLEARLY aren't making an effort!"

Immediately back from the girl;

"'Ey! I'm making an effort!"

Macca's not especially good looking, and neither were too many others in our Software Engineering crowd. Just doesn't seem to be as important up here. People are more interested in the laugh. I think it's the Irish in 'em.

I dont know the Irish I think are conservative but a great laugh , I say that with Irish blood and 2 ushers at my wedding were Irish, would rather have a laugh than a ****.

union street used to be legendary. People I know from all over the show had heard of it.

back in the day, you would have an RN field hospital van with a Navy Police van parked outside Two Trees

that is not to say it kicked off (although vast numbers of locals, Navy and Marines made it interesting) but the sheer volume of people in one street was incredible and with everywhere shutting at 2am (back then). getting home was always fun.

some of the bars down union street were legendary in their own right. Im sure View from the Top will verify that

no way like that now, though

baribcan is still a good night out and absolutely electric on bank holiday sundays (with nice weather)

Jesters is still there. but always very empty

VFTT can confirm that Guzz was indeed one of the best nights out in Europe, up there with Newcastle IMHO. Back in the 80s, when I was 1st based down there, every night was a cracking night out. Mind you, we had a fleet and a full set of booties back then.

Pompey, by comparison, was an utterly crap night out.

VFTT can confirm that Guzz was indeed one of the best nights out in Europe, up there with Newcastle IMHO. Back in the 80s, when I was 1st based down there, every night was a cracking night out. Mind you, we had a fleet and a full set of booties back then.

Pompey, by comparison, was an utterly crap night out.

The Avondale pub (outside St Levan's gate) is still going

The old boy who owned it for over 50 years died about 10 years ago and it went through a phase of having topless barmaids ALL DAY!!! (just a normal boozer now)

a few snaggy lads I knew would go for a few jars at lunch then nip up to Studio 2 (a 'massage' parlour next door) for a hand job before turning too at 1300

squaddies go everywhere.

I remember the Jolly Miller in Poole when the squaddies from Napier Rd came into town of a Friday night, absolute chaos, there were few Friday nights when the MPs didn't have to come round and sort it out. Think there was a really big barny there once, people might have actually got killed or seriously maimed or something. My neighbour was a Napier Rd marine officer (SBS ??) and he once told me than in theory the Miller was off limits to certain ranks but they went there anyway.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I remember the Jolly Miller in Poole when the squaddies from Napier Rd came into town of a Friday night, absolute chaos, there were few Friday nights when the MPs didn't have to come round and sort it out. Think there was a really big barny there once, people might have actually got killed or seriously maimed or something. My neighbour was a Napier Rd marine officer (SBS ??) and he once told me than in theory the Miller was off limits to certain ranks but they went there anyway.

I think people are confusing squaddies with booties (marines)

used to go ashore on a "make and mend" head to the Prince Regent (PR) then down to the two trees (twigs) across road to the greenhouse/Conservatory next door Mr Sweets on to the Street and Diamond lils for a bit of tit :D Quick bit of big eats and on to final destination usually Boobs with its bouncy dance floor. pulled many a janner all this was around the time they were building the new Pyramids ice ring late 80`s early 90`s till 97ish. it has now all changed apart from the locals who are worse than ever with drugs being a major part of the job losses that were reliant on the once extensive forces around the place.