One win against top 10 sides ALL SEASON

Glasgow_Saint

Assuming Villa stay in the top 10 - we have 6 more chances to improve on this rather poor stat.

I thought last season our style suited us against the better sides, but not so much this season.

Spurs (A)

Newcastle (H)

Man City (A)

Villa (A) - D

Everton (H)

Man Utd (H)

COYR

Assuming Villa stay in the top 10 - we have 6 more chances to improve on this rather poor stat.

I thought last season our style suited us against the better sides, but not so much this season.

Spurs (A)

Newcastle (H)

Man City (A)

Villa (A) - D

Everton (H)

Man Utd (H)

COYR

Please just give it a rest, go and talk to some of those multi-billionaires or something.

Last season everbody was complaing we didn't win enough against bottom teams

This season so far we've doen doubles over Fulham, Palace, Hull and West Brom and we are the only team to have won at Anfield this season and have drawn against Man City and Arsenal and were unlucky not to win both of those games

Last season everbody was complaing we didn't win enough against bottom teams

This season so far we've doen doubles over Fulham, Palace, Hull and West Brom and we are the only team to have won at Anfield this season and have drawn against Man City and Arsenal and were unlucky not to win both of those games

Don't be so bloody reasonable....GS needs answers!!

why do you find the need to start new threads to just go on about the same stuff you do in every other thread. You really do need to get out and enjoy the sun more....you might even find mixing with real people is fun!

Mods need to restrict him on starting threads, say 2 a day, if they won't do us all a favour and ban him that is.

Time for us to step it up a gear. Although let's not forget we have won against Liverpool, plus draws against City, United and Arsenal. There's no reason we can't beat Eveton, Spurs, Newcastle and Man United

True. I think / hope we can beat Everton, newcastle, villa and hopefully man u too

Coyr

Spurs (A)

Newcastle (H)

Man City (A)

Villa (A) - D

Everton (H)

Man Utd (H)

COYR

And to think, after the denouement of the Barry Sanchez episode, I thought I'd never get to use this again.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

It's conveniently universal.

GS, just how thick is your skin...??

The insults dont worry me one bit....

Its not unresonable to want to discuss one win against the top 10 sides given we are nearing the end of the season.

However any discussion about poor runs or poor sets of results are not allowed it seems.

I think when posters dont have the answers they find it easier to just insult others. I dont take it personally as anyone that raises the difficult questions gets abuse, not just me

MODS, seriously you need to take action! An opinion is one thing, but evident, obvious negative trolling? How many threads started by the same sad plonker to regurgitate the same agenda driven spiel...? There is a reason why there are dwindling members on here, including myself. This TOOL is a major part of the reason. You cannot have a genuine conversation abiut Saints on here these days, if you can't see this, you must be blind.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A novel concept. It'll never catch on.

When you successfully extend the ignore facility to anyone quoting the ignored poster the function becomes valid, until then it's totally useless unless every other poster ignores him/her, is that not right. It's a function that just doesn't work in any useful way.

Now if it worked on any thread started by the user in question it might at least cut out some of the useless chaff.

Edited by Window Cleaner

WC - why even bother wasting your time replying to GS as we all know he talks crap the whole time?

Gets on my wick, I don't know why he just does. I suppose that's his "raison d'être". Does nothing but run the club down, sort of bloke you'd eventually clobber in any bar discussion.

When you successfully extend the ignore facility to anyone quoting the ignored poster the function becomes valid, until then it's totally useless unless every other poster ignores him/her, is that not right. It's a funtion that just doesn't work in any useful way.

Now if it worked on any thread started by the user in question it might at least cut out some of the useless chaff.

Rather than have me or another developer use more man-hours than it's worth for such a minor piece of functionality, you could just use your own eyes and see when the user you don't like has posted and scroll on past. It really isn't difficult. People seem to look for an excuse to get wound up and/or angry these days.

What you want is a like and dislike button for threads and individual posts. To show the number of individual votes too. This will serve 2 important purposes. 1, will show the majority opinion on here, 2, wum and trolls will quickly be discredited and their objectives in influencing popular opinion thwarted.

Rather than have me or another developer use more man-hours than it's worth for such a minor piece of functionality, you could just use your own eyes and see when the user you don't like has posted and scroll on past. It really isn't difficult. People seem to look for an excuse to get wound up and/or angry these days.

Point taken but then the ignore function becomes obsolete and time has already been wasted on it hasn't it. I don't mind the odd bit of trolling but Glasgow just pushes the boat out too far.If you ignore one thread he starts another and then another. Control the number of posts started by any user in a given time and you'll get less hassle.

Also, there's a MASSIVE level of hypocrisy in play from those who whinge about GS derailing threads when you look at what those same people have done to this one :rolleyes:

When you have an obvious trolling thread, what do you expect? For people to give it the same amount of credence as another sincerely posted thread? Thats is very naive tp expect as much. Unless of course you are happy to see the number of posts flow on the forum ireespective of what sentiments they are born from...

In the case of the latter, a very sad time fir saintsweb.

A novel concept. It'll never catch on.

Then you should do something about it instead of sticking your head in the sand and prtending there isnt a problem. It isnt hard to differentiate between posters occasionally posting controversial stuff for discussion and posters whose sole reason for being here is to get bites and wind up everybody else. The odd thing is why you indulge him at the expense of everybody else.

Then you should do something about it instead of sticking your head in the sand and prtending there isnt a problem. It isnt hard to differentiate between posters occasionally posting controversial stuff for discussion and posters whose sole reason for being here is to get bites and wind up everybody else. The odd thing is why you indulge him at the expense of everybody else.

Chicken Tikka;)

Point taken but then the ignore function becomes obsolete and time has already been wasted on it hasn't it.

Not by me, no. It's a standard feature of the software we currently use. Any extension of that would take up hours of my own time for the benefit of a handful of people who can't seem to control their own eyes and need the forum itself to tell them what is and isn't a valid post.

I don't mind the odd bit of trolling but Glasgow just pushes the boat out too far.If you ignore one thread he starts another and then another. Control the number of posts started by any user in a given time and you'll get less hassle.

What, like the 3-post limit for registered users, you mean?

How is it more difficult to ignore a thread started by someone whose views you have no interest in when that person has started a number of threads? :?

There are FIFTY threads on each page of the forum. At a rough count, they have been created by around 35 different users. It really isn't difficult to just not click on a thread started by whoever you happen to dislike this week.

Then you should do something about it instead of sticking your head in the sand and prtending there isnt a problem.

Ah, good, the old "there's a problem with this site" thing again. You've been claiming there's a problem with this site for years, and yet look, you're still here, with your 11k+ posts. Some problem.

It isnt hard to differentiate between posters occasionally posting controversial stuff for discussion and posters whose sole reason for being here is to get bites and wind up everybody else.

And yet people seem incapable of just ignoring anything they deem to fit that bill.

The odd thing is why you indulge him at the expense of everybody else.

"Indulge him" :lol:

As if anybody on here is even remotely important enough for the rules to not apply.

What, like the 3-post limit for registered users, you mean?

How is it more difficult to ignore a thread started by someone whose views you have no interest in when that person has started a number of threads? :?

There are FIFTY threads on each page of the forum. At a rough count, they have been created by around 35 different users. It really isn't difficult to just not click on a thread started by whoever you happen to dislike this week.

There are seven by him on the front page alone. Anyway its not about how many threads he starts its about the fact he infects nearly every thread with deliberately wum posts and then derails every discussion because some people cant ignore him so everybody suffers the same endlessly repetitive crap. Its no surprise this place is effectively modless if you dont allow them to do what its clear this place needs.

TBF to Steve, you are kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't... Look at the flack many on here gave Frattonizer over on POL for his 'scummer cull' - he's actually a reasonable bloke, but their forum was being plagued by a few dickheads who ruin it for all, yet many more think he was OTT and draconian.. Personally all for freedom of speech and if GS wants to use this as a way of making an arse out of himself so be it, he is free to do so.... What is perhaps surprising though is that there are obviously still enough folks prepared to £5 to see him do it....

TBF to Steve' date=' you are kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't... Look at the flack many on here gave Frattonizer over on POL for his 'scummer cull' - he's actually a reasonable bloke, but their forum was being plagued by a few dickheads who ruin it for all, yet many more think he was OTT and draconian.. Personally all for freedom of speech and if GS wants to use this as a way of making an arse out of himself so be it, he is free to do so.... What is perhaps surprising though is that there are obviously still enough folks prepared to £5 to see him do it....[/quote']

It costs me a lot more than £5 to argue with my wife all year. I think GS is damned fine value.

TBF to Steve' date=' you are kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't... Look at the flack many on here gave Frattonizer over on POL for his 'scummer cull' - he's actually a reasonable bloke, but their forum was being plagued by a few dickheads who ruin it for all, yet many more think he was OTT and draconian.. Personally all for freedom of speech and if GS wants to use this as a way of making an arse out of himself so be it, he is free to do so.... What is perhaps surprising though is that there are obviously still enough folks prepared to £5 to see him do it....[/quote']

Agree its a thankless task but 'do nothing' is not an effective response. Introducing a 'like' 'dislike' function which leads to posters who get large majority negative feedback disappearing is what is needed.

Edited by buctootim

Such a minor piece of functionality that it might as well not exist, eh?

What really is the point of an "ignore" button, if by the simple expedient of some other poster quoting that ignored poster, their posts will be visible? Scroll on past it, you say. In exactly the same way that one would have had to scroll all of the posts of those one wished to ignore if the button didn't exist. If you're not going to accept constructive criticism from posters, then do something about those posters who get others wound-up or angry, rather than just metaphorically shrugging your shoulders.

There have been plenty enough comments about posters declining to come on here as frequently as they used to, or not being bothered to pay their fiver because they are fed up with the incessant bickering and WUM's ruining the forum. It's your forum. If you want the level of debate to deteriorate, the number of subscribers to decline, then just don't do anything to prevent it going in the direction it is.