One win against top 10 sides ALL SEASON

Glasgow_Saint

Just enjoy the win today, you couple of utter mongs.

Why wouldn't I enjoy the win? We're brilliant and bang on to achieve what I thought we could this season. So thanks for the utterly pointless reply.

Do you actually read your crap before posting.. its embarrassing

Embarrassing to suggest we might not become a regular top 6 club anytime soon? Okay then. Maybe you should try and read what I actually post, sweetheart.

It does seem to me that this season is about as good as it gets without a major shift in the balance of power.

Understandably, most people on a Saints forum focus on how much more we'd have to do to have a fair shout of top 4 or top 6 or whatever.

But I don't rule out one of the teams above us having an existential collapse at some point (e.g. Chelsea are pretty screwed if Abramovich quits and/or has his financial assets frozen).

Also, I'm not as worried about us selling players as some others. It doesn't seem there is going to be a firesale, so even if we sold the entire squad for, say, £200m, we could build a totally new team from scratch and get back to arguments about how long it should take them to "gel".

Why not realistic optimism? 1-4th will never happen, 5-6th very very unlikely and never consistently, 7-8th highly unlikely regularly so 9th is as good as it gets for us consistently, money is key and larger clubs have an awful lot more of it.

Although I agree with principal that the regular top six are likely to stay the top six I would be a bit more open minded.

If Man U can drop in a few months from clear champions to where they are now, then it would not be totally bizarre for one, or two, of the top six to drop down.

So, although I don't confidently predict us becoming a top six side, with our progression and chance that someone in top six could drop down I wouldn't say never.

I also wouldn't write off further progression and say 9th is as good as it gets..

Since the takeover we have spent and progressed.

In 2009 family 68th in football league minus 10 points.

2010 7th league 1, 52 in league

KL took over and funded club.

2011 2nd league 1, 46 in whole of leagues

2012 2nd championship 22nd in leagues

Promoted to premier league & spent £32m

2013 14th premier

Spent £38m

2014 8th premier

Spend ?

2015 finish?

If KL continues to invest increasing amounts (no suggestion she has changed her view & now seems more involved / interested). Why can't we show some progression?

We are 8th in premier league in our second season, with several players from league 1 days. I don't think anyone at the club would agree with your opinion that 9th is as good as it gets.

This. The sheer arrogance that a wish to see us finishing 9th in the Premier league is dismissed as pessimistic is what is so laughable on this forum.

We've finished eighth in the prem once in about twenty years.

No medium sized club in that time has consistently broken the top 7 for any consistant time in the same twenty years. With the exception of Bolton who, surprise surprise get dismissed and sneered at on here. But they did it.

8th or 9th five seasons in a row would be an astonishing achievement. I doubt we will do it but would love it if we could.

4th, 6th etc is total pie in the sky, we might might do it one season. But really not worth wasting energy on.

I think your unpleasant mocking tone is misplaced.

I read many posts and don't recall posters calling anyone predicting 9th pessimistic. We were 9th a little over 24 hours ago so even if posters predict continued progress I think they will see 9th as possibly / likely - not pessimistic.

Consistent 8th/9th would be a good achievement.

This is a fans site, fans by definition are fanatical/biased etc. Being optimistic / excited here is likely and a positive thing.

Personally I feel the negativity and spite your posts exude is more a waste of negative energy.

Gut feeling is that the positive comments from MP and Shaw about the future, the financial update stating MP will be supported in keeping players & money quickly available to react to his needs are all pointing to the club having further ambition.

KL has been behind the investment led rise and seems more into saints than ever.

Although 9th places very creditable, as we sit in 8th, I think this is further indication that the club disagree and don't see 9th as our glass ceiling

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This is a fans site, fans by definition are fanatical/biased etc.

Yeah, but....constantly putting forward a less biased/fanatical view is simply expressing a diff'rent opinion, innit guv? It can't possibly be mistaken for trolling. No way Jose.

Isn't describing Adam Lallana and others as "league one players" really rather offensive?

Why not go full - on beetroot factory while you're at it?

No-one has described Adam or anyone else as "league one players", you have added this in your reply as if it is a direct quote, which it is not. Nick quite rightly stated that we have several players "from League 1 days", which is factually correct, and not offensive in any way. Having a pop at someone else for being offensive (when they are not) is somewhat ironic when it comes from someone like you who is habitually offensive.

No-one has described Adam or anyone else as "league one players", you have added this in your reply as if it is a direct quote, which it is not. Nick quite rightly stated that we have several players "from League 1 days", which is factually correct, and not offensive in any way. Having a pop at someone else for being offensive (when they are not) is somewhat ironic when it comes from someone like you who is habitually offensive.

Here is his more well thought out, less offensive, village idiot style stock reply:-

Yes but something something League One something greatest phoenix rise in something something short memories something perspective something.

Although I agree with principal that the regular top six are likely to stay the top six I would be a bit more open minded.

If Man U can drop in a few months from clear champions to where they are now, then it would not be totally bizarre for one, or two, of the top six to drop down.

So, although I don't confidently predict us becoming a top six side, with our progression and chance that someone in top six could drop down I wouldn't say never.

I also wouldn't write off further progression and say 9th is as good as it gets..

Since the takeover we have spent and progressed.

In 2009 family 68th in football league minus 10 points.

2010 7th league 1, 52 in league

KL took over and funded club.

2011 2nd league 1, 46 in whole of leagues

2012 2nd championship 22nd in leagues

Promoted to premier league & spent £32m

2013 14th premier

Spent £38m

2014 8th premier

Spend ?

2015 finish?

If KL continues to invest increasing amounts (no suggestion she has changed her view & now seems more involved / interested). Why can't we show some progression?

We are 8th in premier league in our second season, with several players from league 1 days. I don't think anyone at the club would agree with your opinion that 9th is as good as it gets.

I think your unpleasant mocking tone is misplaced.

I read many posts and don't recall posters calling anyone predicting 9th pessimistic. We were 9th a little over 24 hours ago so even if posters predict continued progress I think they will see 9th as possibly / likely - not pessimistic.

Consistent 8th/9th would be a good achievement.

This is a fans site, fans by definition are fanatical/biased etc. Being optimistic / excited here is likely and a positive thing.

Personally I feel the negativity and spite your posts exude is more a waste of negative energy.

To be realistic comparison though, you have to differentiate between direct 'Investment' from owner - eg cash provided in excess of commercially generated revenue... and use of cash from derived from our normal income... sorry, but there are too many myths about who has 'invested what'. FFP rules will prevent owners simply buying players in future... they will be able to make infrstructure investment etc, but not pay for players and wages.... naturally loads of ways around this... 30 mil training facilty anyone? ...

• 3 years later...
And i thought Poch was a god....

Glasgow..sorry Heisenberg...

Lols mate.

You been checking my old threads? I'm flattered bro

1 win against the top 10 was pretty poor show.

Stand behind the criticism I gave him as I still believe he should have done more with the squad we had at the time.

Lols mate.

You been checking my old threads? I'm flattered bro

1 win against the top 10 was pretty poor show.

Stand behind the criticism I gave him as I still believe he should have done more with the squad we had at the time.

Was`nt meant to flatter bro :rolleyes: just to prove "once a troll - forever a troll"

Just shows what being given time can prove...

Was`nt meant to flatter bro :rolleyes: just to prove "once a troll - forever a troll"

Just shows what being given time can prove...

Yeah not sure this is the best example mate

Mopo has left and as I said IMHO he should have done more with the squad he had available.

He joined Spurs.... A top 5 side past 10+ years, just now he's still won zilch

Yeah not sure this is the best example mate

Mopo has left and as I said IMHO he should have done more with the squad he had available.

He joined Spurs.... A top 5 side past 10+ years, just now he's still won zilch

but you said Poch>Koeman>Puel right...