Saints squad at Southampton Hospital today

trousers

It must be great to get to do this sort of thing.

I've been lucky enough to be involved in a few things similar through work, and volunteering and the reaction in the kids is just amazing. So I can only imagine what impact a group of footballers doing this sort of thing would have.

Yes, it is very easy of them to do - but if my very limited experience is anything to go by the impact it will have on the kids is amazing. Good on 'em.

SNSUN - Yes PFC do do visits, even to Southampton Hospital! My cousin (14) has cancer and has been having his chemo there and was visited by the blue fish which made his day as he is a massive fan - remember you can't choose your family.... They've been really good to him and had him as a match day mascot, and tickets to watch etc.

I was there yesterday afternoon when they were visiting. My Mum is currently in the High Dependency Unit and all the nurses suddenly appeared with posters of the team and some other Saints gifts.

They were all buzzing about it so I went downstairs to see my 'heroes' and just saw them leaving in two black mini coaches. Llallana was in the front of one and was waving at everybody and everyone was waving back as they drove off.

I joined in and then thought 'this is bloody ridiculous' I am 55 and waving at a load of footballers half my age and my mum is poorly upstairs.

All the kids seemed to enjoy it though and if it makes people happy in what is a fairly miserable place then fair play.