So, we sell Shaw, Lovren...

Goatboy

Lallana, Morgan, Big Vic, Rodriguez.

We've played hardball and all told, we have £150m too spend.

Pick 6 players to fill your Squad (aim for realistic valuations/possibility, must be 6 players).

Me (first go!):

Mata (35m?), Fabregas (45m?), Lukaku (22m?), Lahm (30m?), Shawcross (12m?) Marshall (6m?).

Edited by Goatboy

Cattermole £5m, Kevin Nolan, £2m, Zac Knight £3m, Grant Holt £2m, Adam Le Fondre £3m (to pick up holties flicks) Nathan Redmond £4m (the pacy wideman) £14m and you've got a top quality squad. all we are missing is a full back cut from the same cloth as Julian Dicks, any ideas?

Edited by Turkish

Cattermole £5m, Kevin Nolan, £2m, Zac Knight £3m, Grant Holt £2m, Adam Le Fondre £3m (to pick up holties flicks) Nathan Redmond £4m (the pacy wideman) £14m and you've got a top quality squad. all we are missing is a full back cut from the same cloth as Julian Dicks, any ideas?

Paul Robinson, Birmingham, 500k.

Paul Robinson, Birmingham, 500k.

Good call. £14.5m, job done. Good old English squad playing in a 4-4-2. Pacy wideman, a good big 'en and good little 'en up top, couple of nasty bast*rds in midfield, happy days. We got our club back. It's happening, etc.

Thus maximising incoming transfer money :lol:...... this Ralph guy is a pretty smart cookie by the looks of things:uhoh:

I hope we get to see the £40m pound note he speaks of, if only to see what colour it is and who the famous person is on it.

Turkish has put together a proper squad that looks like great fun to watch as a fan, as games would be like going to Ice Hockey where you will be waiting for it to kick off at any minute, and when we play Arsenal Mr Wenger might actually spontaneously combust before our very eyes!!

Me I would just keep the money in the bank and fill the squad from the Academy, with a foreign coach in charge how could it fail!! .............................. Just amazing that no-one has tried that before.

1/10. Must troll harder.

Jeez! It was supposed to be light hearted!

I don't buy in to the whole 'all our players will leave' idea, but was thinking, we have some great youth coming through apart from those 6 so rebuilding might be fun if we had plenty of dough.

Next time I'll just start a 'How crap is GS thread' and let you all get on with it.

Tbh, I don't think Grant Holt and Zac Knight would offer us much.

I don't buy in to the whole 'all our players will leave' idea, but was thinking, we have some great youth coming through apart from those 6 so rebuilding might be fun if we had plenty of dough.

Next time I'll just start a 'How crap is GS thread' and let you all get on with it.

Goats, you'll learn fella, anything light hearted, self depreciation in terms of life as a Saints fan, nonpopulist or anything that dares to suggest we arent the greatest football club in the whole history of soccerball is considered trolling on here.

Goats, you'll learn fella, anything light hearted, self depreciation in terms of life as a Saints fan, nonpopulist or anything that dares to suggest we arent the greatest football club in the whole history of soccerball is considered trolling on here.

Whatevs. If everyone wants to wallow in the 'they're all leaving' dulldrums they can crack on.

Me I would just keep the money in the bank and fill the squad from the Academy, with a foreign coach in charge how could it fail!! .............................. Just amazing that no-one has tried that before.

You know very well that it has ...... and it got us to where we are today ;)

Don't forget to upgrade the catering and we will be the envy of the soccerballing world.:smug:

I don't buy in to the whole 'all our players will leave' idea, but was thinking, we have some great youth coming through apart from those 6 so rebuilding might be fun if we had plenty of dough

Oh sorry, my mistake.

In that case, I'd spend £150m on TRT, HGH, gene therapy, bionics and hyperbaric chambers. And then I'd sign Stoichkov, Hagi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Van Basten, Maldini and Matthaus. All of whom as far as I'm aware are available on a free.

I don't think all our players are leaving either. But if they do, I somehow doubt we'd manage to attract the central lynchpin from the best team in the world to replace one of them.

Oh sorry, my mistake.

In that case, I'd spend £150m on TRT, HGH, gene therapy, bionics and hyperbaric chambers. And then I'd sign Stoichkov, Hagi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Van Basten, Maldini and Matthaus. All of whom as far as I'm aware are available on a free.

I don't think all our players are leaving either. But if they do, I somehow doubt we'd manage to attract the central lynchpin from the best team in the world to replace one of them.

Cattermole was willing to join Stoke in Janaury so i think there is every chance he'd come to us.

Oh sorry, my mistake.

Now you're getting it!

Cattermole was willing to join Stoke in Janaury so i think there is every chance he'd come to us.

Like Knight and Holt, I'm not sure that Cattermole would add much to our team. He is a competitive and industrious player, yes, but he wouldn't suit our style very well. All IMHO of course - I may be wrong!

Like Knight and Holt, I'm not sure that Cattermole would add much to our team. He is a competitive and industrious player, yes, but he wouldn't suit our style very well. All IMHO of course - I may be wrong!

You are aware he's joking right?

Lallana, Morgan, Big Vic, Rodriguez.

We've played hardball and all told, we have £150m too spend.

Pick 6 players to fill your Squad (aim for realistic valuations/possibility, must be 6 players).

Me (first go!):

Mata (35m?), Fabregas (45m?), Lukaku (22m?), Lahm (30m?), Shawcross (12m?) Marshall (6m?).

Have you seen a doctor about this form of madness?

The majority of decent players would not join a club that has just sold 6 of their best players.

You also won't find many cases of signing 6 new first team players working out.

If by some ridiculous situation we did sell all 6, I'd want us to hold onto the money and not waste it as Spurs did with much of the Bale money. Sign some more good young players, 3 or 4, mix with more youth players and hopefully stay clear of relegation.

Could still have

Boruc

Chambers Yoshida Fonte Targett

Cork Davis

Ward-Prowse Ramirez Reed

Lambert

A depressing decline yes, but some basis for hope if you add a few signings to that side. Could certainly stay up signing a CB, winger and striker.

How is that progression?

Does this mean I wont need my passport for the European adventure?

Our we now a provincial medium sized english club that sells to larger ones again?

Or have we always been this way?

#itshappening