Pompey sack manager

teacher

What i dont understand is that if they own their own club as the like to sing and claim to be the largest fans owned club in England and most of the fans have wanted him out for weeks then how did he last so long? Could it be more the FACT that the club is actually run by a load of chancers posing as fans with the obligatory FOTB to prove what a mistake it is whenever any club lets fans have any tiny amount of power whatsoever?

I am truly GUTTED that he has been sacked.

Initially I was embarrassed when he was appointed, but then when it dawned on me that a BARKER would take them out of the league I was as chuffed as nuts. My surname would have been forever legendary amongst Saints fan. As it is, I will just have to take some small comfort in his best efforts to fulfill my dream.

Disclaimer. To the best of my knowledge there is no *actual* family relationship with that loser, I was just happy to take the plaudits if it happened.

"1978-1979: PFC in the league basement for the first time. At their lowest ebb, Pompey sit 91st in the league ladder, a sad turn of events for a club who had won the League Championship just 30 years previously."

From the football mad web site, their words not mine.

Currently they are 90th in the league ladder, I reckon Richie Barker is close to legend status.