We Dont Realise How Lucky We Are!!

corky morris

I have and always will despised Utd and living up here I dislike them even more.

I hope the smug f**kers win nothing for the next 20 years.

I feel the same about Liverpool fans I can't work out why there are so many blokes at work who are all Liverpool fans despite never going north of the Watford gap and speaking with a fine southern twang.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man United have won almost 40 trophies – including 13 Premier League titles the past 26/27 years. In the same time we have won............. the JPT cup

But yes we should remember just how lucky we are

Hopefully you've missed the point of the thread!

Never really got the Man United hate. Yes they have a lot if helmet plastic fans but they are no more annoying than spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool fans. They are a club to be admired IMO. Always had a good academy and produced quality players, including IMO two of the greatest British players of last 30 years in Giggs and Scholes. Ferguson also built teams rather than buying the best individuals, you look at his transfer policy through his 20 years of success and it was always buying the best young talent available, he never really brought superstars in the way Chelsea and Man city do, in the main is was quality young talent and mould them into a Man United team. They also played an exciting attacking brand of football and there was never a dull moment watching them. People moan about Fergie time and the way man united where under him but that's because he was a winner and never accepted anything less than that. They might well be doing a Liverpool for the next few years but I've always felt they won and did it the right way.
What's all that got to do with the price of cheese? I'm chuffed as nuts when they lose. They've been at the top to long and it's good to see them fall.

Man U sent us down at St Marys.

Their fans (who came in coaches from all 4 corners of Britain that day) reveled in it, whilst Keane gave us all the w@nker sign as he left the pitch.

Love them to death.

This. Fans tend to remember this sort of thing.

What's all that got to do with the price of cheese? I'm chuffed as nuts when they lose. They've been at the top to long and it's good to see them fall.

Why? I dont understand why you'd be "chuffed as nuts" that team 250 miles away that has no impact on us would lose. THe way they've been run and the success they've had means they should be respected and admired.

It was the style of play that stood out. I was in Manchester all day today with clients, some rags, some citeh & various other Northern teams. All of the rags were happy with the draw so when i mentioned 26% possession they just said how good Bayern are.

The simple fact that they were chuffed with a home draw & 26% possession shows how far they have fallen IMHO.

As for Saints, I honestly believe if we were in the same position with the players we have now (I know its very unlikely) I reckon we would play in exactly the same way we do every week. Push full backs on, maintain the ball & let Adam get creative.

So IMHO we are really lucky to have a talented team of young (often English) players who play the game in the right way which is also progressive & attractive to watch.

It was the style of play that stood out. I was in Manchester all day today with clients, some rags, some citeh & various other Northern teams. All of the rags were happy with the draw so when i mentioned 26% possession they just said how good Bayern are.

The simple fact that they were chuffed with a home draw & 26% possession shows how far they have fallen IMHO.

As for Saints, I honestly believe if we were in the same position with the players we have now (I know its very unlikely) I reckon we would play in exactly the same way we do every week. Push full backs on, maintain the ball & let Adam get creative.

So IMHO we are really lucky to have a talented team of young (often English) players who play the game in the right way which is also progressive & attractive to watch.

This is true. Some of the other stuff we see on TV these days is looking as outdated as an Austin Allegro in a Mercedes* showroom.

*(other modern car brands are available)

Or more likely just how good FC Bayern Munich are? They are arguably the best team in the world right now after all!!

Problem with alot of Saints fans, it seems.... They focus on the negatives "man u were rubbish" rather than looking at it objectively and simply saying "BM were superb"

Try and focus on the positives in every event....thats my way

Why? I dont understand why you'd be "chuffed as nuts" that team 250 miles away that has no impact on us would lose. THe way they've been run and the success they've had means they should be respected and admired.
Nah, sorry, still don't get it. This is football we are talking about? I must be odd because I really don't respect or admire manu.

Nah, sorry, still don't get it. This is football we are talking about? I must be odd because I really don't respect or admire manu.

I do, but then maybe I like winners not plucky losers. Spurs fans annoy me more, the same arrogance as some Man U fans have, but so little to be arrogant about.

I can admire what they have achieved and I can admire the mix of academy talent with seasoned professionals ( sort of seems familiar) but I cannot ever bring myself to admire the club, the moronic element of their fan base and their arrogant beyond belief former manager. Let's never forget the grey shirts excuse the total ****.

The other day I was in my local Supermarket and at the Checkout the bleached haired male Operator smirked at me (I was wearing my Saints Fleece) and said - in a Cockney accent "Oh! Southampton.You're the one!" "I'm the one what?" I replied "You're their supporter" "Have been for over 50 years and a STH" I remarked "Who do you support then?" "Man U" was his reply "When did you last go then?" I asked "Oh! I don't go. I watch them on the telly.They're just a good team" "You silly T . . T" said I and paid and left.

The other day I was in my local Supermarket and at the Checkout the bleached haired male Operator smirked at me (I was wearing my Saints Fleece) and said - in a Cockney accent "Oh! Southampton.You're the one!" "I'm the one what?" I replied "You're their supporter" "Have been for over 50 years and a STH" I remarked "Who do you support then?" "Man U" was his reply "When did you last go then?" I asked "Oh! I don't go. I watch them on the telly.They're just a good team" "You silly T . . T" said I and paid and left.

What does Turkish look like in real life?

didnt take him for a blonde.

Edited by Noodles34