Genuinely worried about next season

alpine_saint

And I dont think I am being negative.

I think we may be building largely from scratch again over the summer.

And I dont feel this board line-up are of a phillanthropic nature like ML (RIP) and NC were originally.

We have a sprinkling or arguably the best young talent in Europe, but I cant see many of them staying.

We dont really know what the board will do with the windfall that their sales may generate.

And for me our manager is too inconsistent, and seem very non-commital about the long term.

Are you all really not worried after the struggle we had 5-10 years ago ?

Its a waiting game im afraid. I share your apprehension, but we must just wait and see what happens

I have thought about the best case (spend another 30-40m) and worst case (lose 4-5 of our stars) & I think we will be somewhere in the middle.

Keep mopo and if we do have to sell 1 or 2, make sure he gets to spend the incoming cash

We are at a crossroads again.... We got it wrong after the FA cup final in 2003, hope we get it right this time round

Fingers crossed

To sum this up, we do not really know.

I think the time to reflect is during the summer/preseason.

I think the club are in a strong position at the moment and the only way we can push on is to try and keep everyone together. I think it will either be a completely new rebuilding process or the manager stays and most stay.

I am just guessing and only time will tell.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season first and secure that 8th spot!

Not worried, we have great facilities, an excellent brand to kepp attracting young talent, a good manager (granted he MIGHT leave), and even if we go down, hundreds of millions worth of talent and huge parachute payments as well as 3 seasons of premier league football to help the finances. Frankly if we were to get relegated we'd be in a great position unlike last time. If we stayed down beyond the parachutes or pulled a Pompey drop we'd be in trouble but otherwise we're golden. Let's keep producing young talent and watching them shine even if we have to sell them 4 or 5 years down the line.

Here come the "usual suspects" to derail another thread :facepalm:

This forum has alot of hypocrites thats for sure

Well, its only Wade. Roger is entitled to his opinion.

If the average poster on here cannot see we are at a crossroads, we simply cant help them.

Here come the "usual suspects" to derail another thread :facepalm:

This forum has alot of hypocrites thats for sure

Glasgow I agree with you on a lot but it's a stupid thread. Just being negative without any substance at all. What if poch signs a new deal, we keep all our players and we strengthen cb, goalie and centre forward really well. The new sporting director is as good as david dein and we have a board that is more fan friendly and we challenge for top six with more new players coming along playing great football.

Glasgow I agree with you on a lot but it's a stupid thread. Just being negative without any substance at all. What if poch signs a new deal, we keep all our players and we strengthen cb, goalie and centre forward really well. The new sporting director is as good as david dein and we have a board that is more fan friendly and we challenge for top six with more new players coming along playing great football.

A lot of "ifs" there Roger. Rather a best-case scenario.

I could post a list of equally valid "ifs" with the opposite perspective, equally valid, and with not necessarily lesser probabilites, and get roundly abused for my troubles.

Ah well, this will all end well.

For what it's worth you are being incredibly negative and glass half empty about pretty much everything, which is no surprise.

All we can do is wait and see, but most are in the agreement that this will be a pretty pivotal summer in terms of our long-term aspirations.

For what it's worth you are being incredibly negative and glass half empty about pretty much everything, which is no surprise.

Really ? I thought the main point I was making is that we simply dont know, and it could all go tits-up. To assume we are just going to crack-on from a base established this season is pure speculation. There is too much going on.

Hilarious. Congratulations on almost singlehandedly making this forum not worth reading, btw. That's some accomplishment.

This, a thousand times over, this.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

As opposed to your opening post? There's just as much chance that we keep everyone as opposed to selling everyone.

Isnt that what I said ?

Doesnt stop me being worried though. The right decisions need to be made over the summer. They will have a lasting impact.

And I dont feel this board line-up are of a phillanthropic nature like ML (RIP) and NC were originally.

We have a sprinkling or arguably the best young talent in Europe, but I cant see many of them staying.

We dont really know what the board will do with the windfall that their sales may generate.

And for me our manager is too inconsistent, and seem very non-commital about the long term.

I have said all along that this summer is one of not really knowing where we are going, similar to when ML originally gained control, our future is obviously secure but we have been used to a few years of cash being spent and real ambition.

I really hope that remains

For me though keeping up Poch's good work is vital, plus spending on a few good players, as itll keep what we have for atleast a year. Despite the club saying we arent a selling club I think without a SHOW of ambition the talent we have here may look elsewhere.

I am genuinely not worried about next season !

There may well be changes but I feel that there is a solid infrastructure and good people in key areas of the club !

Smart people think positively and those who anticipate failure tend to find it !

No reason to believe that we can't keep moving forward although,as we are getting so close to the summit, obviously further advancement is more difficult !

COYS

Isnt that what I said ?

Doesnt stop me being worried though. The right decisions need to be made over the summer. They will have a lasting impact.

No. You said you're genuinely worried about next season which means you think the worst WILL happen, not may.

One day, Alpine, you, I and everybody else on this board will die. What we do between now and then is worth worrying about; not what Saints do or don't do. You can't control it, so there's no use in fretting. Enjoy the ride wherever it takes us. Not meant sarcastically or patronisingly at all; just my four penneth worth.

I believe we are in VERY good hands.

Confident that KL, RK , MP ALL THE PLAYERS....will be here next season....moving us onwards and upwards...:D

My only worry....my coaching from block 37 still tends to fall on deaf ears..:rolleyes:

None of the match officials...listen either:p

Being honest...I am worried about many of the match officials we have suffered.......big improvement next season....hopefully.:):):)

One day, Alpine, you, I and everybody else on this board will die. What we do between now and then is worth worrying about; not what Saints do or don't do. You can't control it, so there's no use in fretting. Enjoy the ride wherever it takes us. Not meant sarcastically or patronisingly at all; just my four penneth worth.

This. It's only football.

For those that worry too much:rolleyes:

Will put you in touch with my psychiatrist:D

I am nearly cured after over 50 years:) worrying about getting my burger before the game. (WOZ A PIE IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS:p)

Mentioned yooooo Alps and Glasgow.....;)

Said she does not attempt miracles or lost causes:p

OR WUM:mcinnes:

Edited by ottery st mary

This time last year Alpine was going weak at the knees at the spirit, fight and determination of Wigan Athletic while confidently predicting they would overtake relegation doomed gutless Saints.

The year before that Saints were bottling promotion and WHU were going up automatically in our place.

The season before, exactly the same, but Huddersfield.

So let's put this latest bed-pi s s in context.

Every new season is a cross roads. Like, literally anything could happen. What will probably happen is another fairly solid mid table season, performing either slightly better or slightly worse than this one.

What I can guarantee is that Alps will bellyache like an old slag throughout pretty much all of it.

Hilarious. Congratulations on almost singlehandedly making this forum not worth reading, btw. That's some accomplishment.

You can't blame him. He is clearly a desperately sad person who deserves no small amount of pity.

Quite why the moderators don't deal with the two or three posters who ruin this place is beyond me.

Genießen Sie solange sie es können

You can't blame him. He is clearly a desperately sad person who deserves no small amount of pity.

Quite why the moderators don't deal with the two or three posters who ruin this place is beyond me.

Although I totally agree and although I have answered on this thread so am contradicting myself, the best way would be for all of us to not reply to the 2 or 3 saddos that polute this site. Surely if we could do this they just may go away. We are as guilty as they are by giving them the attention that they so clearly seek.

Whatsoever do these have in common?

Jack Cork

Billy Sharp

Wanyama

JayRod

Tandari Lee

Boruc

Lovren

Osvaldo

Ramirez

Yoshida

Clyne

Steve Davis

All signed / funded since KL has been our owner.

It does seem a transition summer and agree unsettling and unknown.

But, some people seem to feel the money has suddenly gone.

All I know is KL seems more interested (so maybe increase funding??) And club have said MP can keep all players he wants and money available to react quickly to his needs.

Unsure, wary, excited but not worried.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Where does the level of concern end, though? If this your concern, aren't you then worried that we'll get relegated? If you are, doesn't that raise concerns for our first season in the Championship? Although with the money available even for those that go down, we should be able to make a good fist of a promotion challenge. At which point we've now got something to look forward to, getting on the pitch to celebrate going up like we did against Coventry. So I'm looking forward to the 2016/17 season, our first season back in the Premiership. Although that might be a season of struggle, so I am a bit concerned about 2017/18 if I'm honest with you

We are comfortably mid-table with an exciting squad packed with talented young English players, and we are owned by a multi bilionaire - yeah, I'm sh!tting myself.

Seriously, if you are worried when we are in this position you might as well give up being a Saints fan because it won't ever get much better.

Que sera sera. If I worried about everything that might happen, I'd go nuts.

The way i see it, even if we do lose our stars in the summer we'll be financially recompensed for them, and we will still have a core of a good side whoever remains. Ok, we may not hit the heights of this season, but it's hard to see a relegation battle from where we are now.

You have very little faith in our ability to hold onto players.

Nobody knows exactly what will happen but chances are it'll look much, much brighter than you're anticipating.

I mean, we'd have to lose the entire first XI to build from scratch.

As I said a couple of months ago. I fully expect a mass exodus at the end of the season. MP will leave and Shaw, Lallana, J-Rod & Morgan will all follow. I fully expect us to be in a relegation battle next season.

Cue the backlash from all those on here who live in la-la-land and hate anybody being remotely realistic about things.

As I said a couple of months ago. I fully expect a mass exodus at the end of the season. MP will leave and Shaw, Lallana, J-Rod & Morgan will all follow. I fully expect us to be in a relegation battle next season.

Cue the backlash from all those on here who live in la-la-land and hate anybody being remotely realistic about things.

How is that remotely realistic? Honest question.

"An antagonistic reaction to a trend, development, or event" - if what you suggest may happen does actually come to pass, then perhaps there will be a backlash. Then agan, Saints would replace MP, invest in players to replace those that had left, and life would go on. Why take such a pessimistic view ? Have you caught something from Alpine ?

you really must be a skate, if not your'e as suicidal as alpine the fat c unt

*** negative post alert ***

Stand by for skate, wum and "source" requsts and accusations ;)

We are comfortably mid-table with an exciting squad packed with talented young English players, and we are owned by a multi bilionaire - yeah, I'm sh!tting myself.

Seriously, if you are worried when we are in this position you might as well give up being a Saints fan because it won't ever get much better.

This. Best since 2003 but with more exciting genuine young english talent and greater funding behind us. Worried about naff all