Brasil 2014 Panini Sticker album

Seany S

Got mine today.

Bitterly disappointed that there are no Saints in the England section.

That said, Gaston Ramirez, Maya Yoshida and Dejan Lovren are all present and correct.

I am 34. :D

...and Osvaldo features in the Italy team photo.

• 5 weeks later...

i think you have to shop around in different cities. I got so many doubles in packs bought around Southampton but got some in Brighton today and they were all different. My son is 9 and into it.... but not as much as his 45 year old dad who still has his complete Argentina 78 album somewhere.

grown men in their 40 and fifties collecting football stickers shock

Monk I didnt have you down as being a teenager

Not exactly! But I do work with children everyday, work with grassroots/pro clubs plus we give them away so it's pretty easy to be bitten by the bug.

I think I need about 30-40 - havent used the app as it goes against the purity of collecting - have managed to get all of the Saints players now - Gaston, Dejan and Maya. The most elusive stickers for me have been the Dutch, I only have around half of them and havent even had so much as a sniff of Van Persie or the excellently named Bruno Martins Indi.

Had to laugh, needed one of the Greece team to complete them - the seemingly elusive Tziolis. Was only when going through my swap pile I realised I had him not once but three times - and had failed to recognise him due to the fact that quite a number of the Greek lads look quite similar with dark hair and beards.

I bought the complete set loose on eBay for about £80 about 6 weeks ago like I always do when Panini release their new album. I know it takes the fun out of collecting, but it's cheaper in the long run.

I was more satisfied completing the Topps version as Lambert, Lallana, and Rodriguez are all in it.

I bought the complete set loose on eBay for about £80 about 6 weeks ago like I always do when Panini release their new album. I know it takes the fun out of collecting, but it's cheaper in the long run.

:lol: that is completely mental! Do they come already stuck in and everything?

So much better doing these as an adult. Having the money to afford the packs at will is a godsend. :)

Too true. As a kid, four packets were a massive treat. I'll regularly go in now and buy 20 at a time.

I'm going to have to go there - do any of their packets have England or Switzerland players, though? I have the entire Greek and spannish sides twice, but just three for England. And I only have maya (twice) out of the saints players. Most frustrating. I'm going to spend the weekend doing swappsies with my nephews who are young enough to be allowed to get excited by this sort of thing. I really am far too old if I'm honest.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a big pile of swaps Colin, if you are local I am happy to meet up - I am now just 11 stickers away from completion though!!!

I'll post a list of swops in due course mate. I would be happy to pay 10p per sticker (pack value) for some of yours if willing? Where is your locality?

Crazily somebody has written a whitepaper on the maths of sticker collecting:

http://www.unige.ch/math/folks/velenik/Vulg/Paninimania.pdf

Explains the myth of regional rarity and that after a certain point it's daft to keep buying packets. Details the best strategy too, although obviously that takes a bit of the magic away.

Is every sticker in a box unique? I didn't know that, I assumed you'd get duplicates within the same box.