Worst opposing player this season

Crazy Diamond

Jozy Altidore is always hilarious when he attempts to play football.

Anyone who played for Norwich, Fulham or Newcastle this season is worthy of a mention though, Elliot excepted.

I honestly mistook Altidore for a defender in the 1 - 1 draw way back at the start of the season.

Who would be yours?

Kim today looked absolutely awful whenever he was near the ball, let alone on it. I think he'd be a contender.

Really? Thought he was excellent today, would have him in our squad on that performance. Very clever player and full of running/energy, probably a bit lightweight if anything though. Who was the little fat bloke in the centre of midfield, looked like they had fished someone out of the crowd.

Wes Brown has to be the worst player against us this season. I gather he did himself proud today as well. Truly awful player.

Really? Thought he was excellent today, would have him in our squad on that performance. Very clever player and full of running/energy, probably a bit lightweight if anything though. Who was the little fat bloke in the centre of midfield, looked like they had fished someone out of the crowd.

Wes Brown has to be the worst player against us this season. I gather he did himself proud today as well. Truly awful player.

Medel the chilean guy? Thought he played quite well, had probably the hardest job on the pitch having to chase Lallana around.

Yanga-Mbiwa was terrible for Newcastle but somehow their defence got even worse after he went off.

I thought Kim looked ok - he made a good counter attacking run in the first half, but none of his team mates could catch up with him where they were playing so defensive.

Reither and Yanga-Mbiwa are the two worst players I've seen at St Mary's this season and both were hauled off at half time if I remember correctly.

Similarly, Chamakh.

Difficult one, Chamakh. Holds a record for Champions League goals (I think by a player at a French club, and when you consider that was Bordeaux...) yet has never looked any good when I've seen him. I know two or three Palace season ticket holders and they all agree he's a waste of space a lot of the time, always going down for free kicks when he's never going to get them, not running enough, etc.

Has to be Berbatov? Remember Scott Parker walking him over to mark Rickie Lambert at that corner only for Rickie to take a step back and nod in unmarked? Seem to remember Berbatov spending a lot of that game wandering around just inside our half looking like he wanted to be anywhere but on the pitch before moaning at the rest of the Fulham team for not giving him the ball.

Shame he's so lazy, has an absolutely fantastic touch and is a joy to watch when he can be bothered.

On a value for money basis would say Ruiz. Cost Fulham a lot and did nothing - never looked like he was playing the same game as the rest of his teammates. Altidore scandalously bad also - isn't a striker meant to go in the penalty area occasionally?

Turning to players we are oddly linked with, I always think Curtis Davies is truly dire - from memory he once described one of his own performances (for Aston Villa, I think) as the level of 'pub player'. Clearly more aware off the pitch than on it...