RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

After trying to buy tickets for the upcoming home game against Man United, I noticed that the traditional right of a season ticket holder to buy 1 seat per season ticket has been removed. To add insult to injury, a person who only buys 4 games all season and may not even be a true fan gets first choice of tickets for the top games.

Even worse, this also means that a season ticket holder who has paid up front for all 19 games (whether you can actually attend on the day or not) needs to buy another 4 games to be able to get the same opportunity as someone who has only bought 4 tickets to take another family member.

This has to opposed as it supports the ticket touts only buying top games and is a reduction in the benefits of being a season ticket holder. I hope you will join in supporting us to have that right re-established

After trying to buy tickets for the upcoming home game against Man United, I noticed that the traditional right of a season ticket holder to buy 1 seat per season ticket has been removed. To add insult to injury, a person who only buys 4 games all season and may not even be a true fan gets first choice of tickets for the top games.

Even worse, this also means that a season ticket holder who has paid up front for all 19 games (whether you can actually attend on the day or not) needs to buy another 4 games to be able to get the same opportunity as someone who has only bought 4 tickets to take another family member.

This has to opposed as it supports the ticket touts only buying top games and is a reduction in the benefits of being a season ticket holder. I hope you will join in supporting us to have that right re-established

A counter to this would be...

Why should the friend of a season ticket holder who hasn't been to a game all season get priority over someone who has been to four games?

As a Season Ticket holder who would have liked to buy a ticket for cousin visiting from Oz, I think actually it is fairer the way it is. My cousin has been to no games this season, and one last, why should he get priority over people who have attended 4 home games? Are you sure in the past season ticket holders have had the right to buy tickets for games that they already have a ticket for? I know we have priority for FA Cup and League Cup games but wasn't aware we had the "right" to buy extra tickets for hangers on for games that are likely to sell out. I have only been season ticket holder for this year and last so don't know what it used to be like in the old days. In any case you do not have a right to anything, it depends on the commercial contract between you and the football club that you entered into when you purchased your season ticket.

That said if anyone has a ticket for sale I would be interested in buying one.

You're being sarcastic right?

Does another family member who has been to 0 games deserve to get in ahead of a fan on the customer database who has been to 4 games?

The answer is simply 'YES'. Someone who has invested many hundreds of pounds in any business with money in advance should have priority over someone who has invested less. When the Club is riding high they forget those who kept on shovelling in the money when they were low. My 3 season tickets are now into their second decade.

You have a priority ticket to home games. It's called your season ticket seat.

I EXPECT my season ticket as it has been paid for up front and ahead of others who attend less. The issue is that a perk that has existed when the Club were hard up has now been pulled. In any other business someone who has invested many hundreds or thousands of pounds would have perks beyond those who dip in and out when it suits them

As a season ticket holder I disagree. I think this has been done fairly in allowing other people who have actually been to games priority. They have also put in money to the club by going to the other games.

As season ticket holders we get every home game and priority over cup and away games. For me this is enough.

I EXPECT my season ticket as it has been paid for up front and ahead of others who attend less. The issue is that a perk that has existed when the Club were hard up has now been pulled. In any other business someone who has invested many hundreds or thousands of pounds would have perks beyond those who dip in and out when it suits them

Yes but the benefit you're asking for isn't for the person who's paid hundreds of pounds (you) it's for another person. I agree that someone who has paid a lot should have these perks and therefore someone who has been to say 4 games (paid circa £160) deserves priority over the person you want to get a ticket for, who may not have been to any.

I have attended 100% of home games this season that I could due to work commitments i.e. 6.

This has entitled me to buy a ticket for the Man Utd game which thankfully I can attend.

I suggest that this is a fairer system for people like me who work most weekends.

That's a different argument. The complaint was about the removal of one of the benefits of having a season ticket.

Yes, I know. I'm suggesting through the power of implication that the original benefit was flawed...

Edited by trousers

As a Season Ticket holder who would have liked to buy a ticket for cousin visiting from Oz, I think actually it is fairer the way it is. My cousin has been to no games this season, and one last, why should he get priority over people who have attended 4 home games? Are you sure in the past season ticket holders have had the right to buy tickets for games that they already have a ticket for? I know we have priority for FA Cup and League Cup games but wasn't aware we had the "right" to buy extra tickets for hangers on for games that are likely to sell out. I have only been season ticket holder for this year and last so don't know what it used to be like in the old days. In any case you do not have a right to anything, it depends on the commercial contract between you and the football club that you entered into when you purchased your season ticket.

That said if anyone has a ticket for sale I would be interested in buying one.

It's down to just one game now so if you have purchased any other ticket- the cup games etc you can get one on your number now.

I don't see Sky or Virgin rushing to give existing, loyal customers any perks. New Customers get plenty.

As a season ticket holder I disagree. I think this has been done fairly in allowing other people who have actually been to games priority. They have also put in money to the club by going to the other games.

As season ticket holders we get every home game and priority over cup and away games. For me this is enough.

Do we, I thought that went to number of away games attended?

Disagree with the op.

I'm also into my second decade of a season ticket but the club have it spot on. I have had 2 friends who have asked if I could use my ST to get them a ticket to the united game. The answer is simply no. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Why should they get priority over those who actually have attended games?

Your friends and family have invested bugger all! You get your perks, they get them if they go to games.

We no longer get any priority over away games, sadly

We no longer get any priority over away games, sadly

I thought it was season ticket holders who have been to x number of away games first. Isn't this still giving season ticket holders priority over others who don't have a season ticket but have been to away games?

In any other business someone who has invested many hundreds or thousands of pounds would have perks beyond those who dip in and out when it suits them

This is the biggest ST myth that I always trotted out, this is hardly true of any business. Do people who buy their weekly shopping in a supermarket get any perks over a person who pops in occasionally to buy a sandwich.

Does another family member who has been to 0 games deserve to get in ahead of a fan on the customer database who has been to 4 games?

Ridiculous to suggest the current scheme is unfair.

If the ST's friend is keen to secure tickets, he just has to get on the data base in their own right (and buy tickets from time to time), hardly a nasty trick purposely designed to exclude them is it ?

Disagree with the op.

I'm also into my second decade of a season ticket but the club have it spot on. I have had 2 friends who have asked if I could use my ST to get them a ticket to the united game. The answer is simply no. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Why should they get priority over those who actually have attended games?

I rather agree with this. I would far rather a true supporter who goes to a few games gets the tickets than a friend of mine who has no interest and I would definitely go with the "even if I could, I wouldn't" bit.

Did you buy your friend a ticket away to Sunderland in the Cup by any chance ?

It's down to just one game now so if you have purchased any other ticket- the cup games etc you can get one on your number now.

Fred, many thanks for your reply, hadn't thought to look after Monday assumed it would sell out. Clearly Man Utd are not the draw they were, looks like a few tickets will go on general sale. I had bought one ticket (Yeovil) so was able to get one for my cousin from Oz after all. Cheers.

Hang on.

So it's not fair that a buddy of a STH (who may have attended less than four games or not at all), can't come to a big game to close the season, because those who have attended 4 games can.

Yep, seems really unfair to me.

I won't oppose it and it is certainly not a 'right'.

Simple - because the season ticket holder is a true fan who has also invested more money than the part time attender and is worth more financially to the Club. Business common sense really.

Did you buy your friend a ticket away to Sunderland in the Cup by any chance ?

A fair but quite cutting question. The answer is I have bought 3 season tickets (57 games), 8 away games (24 tickets) and 2 games at home (6 tickets). Additional tickets at home have been for my nephew and his Saints mad friend who are serving abroad and keeping us safe. This makes me a significant financial contributor to the Club so I would appreciate a drop off in the sarcastic comments on this forum and welcome a serious discussion about how the Club should reward its most financially committed fans by giving them a chance to buy more tickets when they want to and whoever they want to.

The answer is YES as the season ticket holders invest more than the cherry pickers. The ability to buy more tickets through first refusal should be enshrined in our season ticket contract as a thank you for our financial commitment. I would even accept the offer if it was extended after say 5 years as a season ticket holder but loyalty needs rewarding

This! ^

Absolutely - the rather charming but naïve assertion that poor fans should have a crack at a seat before the greedy season ticket holder is a joke. Just take a look at the hospitality boxes these days and compare them to when we were in league 1.

I rather agree with this. I would far rather a true supporter who goes to a few games gets the tickets than a friend of mine who has no interest and I would definitely go with the "even if I could, I wouldn't" bit.

If he only goes to a few games then how can he be a true supporter? Is anybody really suggesting that someone who goes to four games in a season should have priority over someone who has bought tickets for nineteen?

The club have got it right, better off having casual Saints fans have the tickets over w*nker plastic Mancs who just happen to know a ST holder.

The irony of your comment is that the current policy opens the door to plastics who cherry pick the games and put the tickets on ebay. The vast majority of season ticket holders are committed and loyal supporters. The last people they would get tickets for are plastic Mancs, Gooners or anyone else. The people they bring are usually friends and family and this recognition of our loyalty should be brought back

Hang on.

So it's not fair that a buddy of a STH (who may have attended less than four games or not at all), can't come to a big game to close the season, because those who have attended 4 games can.

Yep, seems really unfair to me.

I won't oppose it and it is certainly not a 'right'.

It is absolutely fair that a committed season ticket holder and investor in the Club should be able to have first refusal on additional tickets over someone who attends (pays) for less than quarter of a season.

Yes because the season ticket holder is a better source of revenue than the part time fan - they are also more likely to bring a fellow fan than a plastic