Moyes sacked?

Wiggles31

They'll go out there and get a big, big name. Got a feeling Klopp will be in the frame.

But it's no surprise, what he's done to that team is beyond anything anyone could have imagined. People will stay that SAF left him with crap, but that crap still managed to dominate this league for years.

Somehow Moyes has managed to make Mata, Van Persie, Kagawa and Rooney look completely and utterly ineffective, they go out with no shape, no tactics and no idea. If they do have lots of money available to rebuild in the summer, then if I was in charge...I wouldn't give a penny to Moyes.

They'll go out there and get a big, big name. Got a feeling Klopp will be in the frame.

But it's no surprise, what he's done to that team is beyond anything anyone could have imagined. People will stay that SAF left him with crap, but that crap still managed to dominate this league for years.

Somehow Moyes has managed to make Mata, Van Persie, Kagawa and Rooney look completely and utterly ineffective, they go out with no shape, no tactics and no idea. If they do have lots of money available to rebuild in the summer, then if I was in charge...I wouldn't give a penny to Moyes.

To be fair Kagawa is ineffective and Van Persie gave up on this season before it started. He's only interested in his last World Cup.

United's reasons for dismissal will be that he has missed, by some distance, every reasonable target expected in the short term.

:lol:

It's been a good watch this season though, still a bit frustrating that they've been so bad....yet they're still above us by some distance!

The only worry I have with this story is that it could mean Van Gaal goes to Man U, and in turn, MoPo goes to Spurs :/ I hope that I am wrong, though it really annoys me that we haven't sorted out Poch's contract yet!

Moyes is the football genius, he deserves to stay.

The only worry I have with this story is that it could mean Van Gaal goes to Man U, and in turn, MoPo goes to Spurs :/ I hope that I am wrong, though it really annoys me that we haven't sorted out Poch's contract yet!

Moyes is the football genius, he deserves to stay.

Spurs will sign the former AC Milan manager in the next few months, not entirely sure why though. Probably because Baldini has a hell of a lot of influence there.

Manchester News MEN ‏@MENnewsdesk 30m

BREAKING: Manchester United refuse to deny reports that David Moyes is to be sacked as manager. More soon

Going...going.......gone?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-david-moyes-to-sacked-7013711

Trust us to be on the receiving end of ''new manager syndrome'' again. I'm sure clubs wait till they see they're playing us until they change the manager!

Who was the last new manager to beat us?

Seems like a complete myth to me. Pepe Mel? Adkins?

Pepe Mel didn't beat us though.

Anyway, I think it was Tim Sherwood, who stole a victory against us at St Mary's...

That game was up there with the Aston Villa at home game.

Gaal to utd.

Mopo to spurs

Moyes to saints.

Job done.

Yeah, job done extremely badly. Martinez is showing that Moyes was actually holding Everton back, they've pushed on this season and play a much better style of football. Moyes would completely ruin any semblance of style within the team. Christ knows what wages he'd demand as well.

Still, from being an impossible task to replace AF, it's become a brilliant job as improving on Moyes will be a piece of ****.

People go on about the time it took Ferguson to get results, but wasn't there also a sh*t manager before him who did nothing for a season and got sacked? Maybe the next United manager will be the doozy.

People go on about the time it took Ferguson to get results, but wasn't there also a sh*t manager before him who did nothing for a season and got sacked? Maybe the next United manager will be the doozy.

Utd had a few managers between Busby and Ferguson, including McGuiness who lasted less than half a season, Busby even stepped back in to replace him after he was sacked. O'Farrell was pretty disastrous but the others all lasted 3 or 4 seasons.

Well if MP does leave I would be fine with Moyes coming here.......

Me too.

Actually he would be a perfect 'fit' here if MP were to leave. Remember the record shows that at Everton Moyes was a consistently successful manager prepared to work within a reasonable budget.

Hell he even succeeded in never wining a Cup - what more could we ask for!

Me too.

Actually he would be a perfect 'fit' here if MP were to leave. Remember the record shows that at Everton Moyes was a consistently successful manager prepared to work within a reasonable budget.

Hell he even succeeded in never wining a Cup - what more could we ask for!

One bad season (by their standards) at Man U, a job that most managers would have trouble carrying on from where fergie left off, and Moyes is now ****e he did a great job at Everton for years on a tight budget I'd have no problem with him coming here....the Man U job would be a job to far a lot of decent managers.

Edited by doddisalegend

Trouble with United is Fergie being ever present in the stands watching over everything. When he first went there he had the same issue with Busby sat there watching every week and it took him a fair while to overcome the added pressure having their then greatest manager looking on. Given that I'm quite surprised he has done the same to Moyes. It's bad enough following a legend without having that legend sat a few yards away.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make a come back, his ego is big enough.

Trouble with United is Fergie being ever present in the stands watching over everything. When he first went there he had the same issue with Busby sat there watching every week and it took him a fair while to overcome the added pressure having their then greatest manager looking on. Given that I'm quite surprised he has done the same to Moyes. It's bad enough following a legend without having that legend sat a few yards away.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make a come back, his ego is big enough.

He'd be a fool to return, he'd risk ruining his legacy. At the moment the whole Moyes debacle is the best thing that could have happened for the Ferguson legend. It's showing that SAF really did a phenomenal job there, but also that he got out at precisely the right time. And it's not as if he needs the money.

One bad season (by their standards) at Man U, a job that most managers would have trouble carrying on from where fergie left off, and Moyes is now ****e he did a great job at Everton for years on a tight budget I'd have no problem with him coming here....the Man U job would be a job to far a lot of decent managers.

Martinez is doing great at Everton but Moyes built the foundations he's building upon. People forget how poor Everton were prior to Moyes and he made them a top 6 side season in season out. A year ago people would have laughed at Moyes to saints, 9 months of managing utd , and people write him off. If we've hit a glass ceiling, there aren't many who will keep us between 5-10th every season. Moyes could.

Martinez is doing great at Everton but Moyes built the foundations he's building upon. People forget how poor Everton were prior to Moyes and he made them a top 6 side season in season out. A year ago people would have laughed at Moyes to saints, 9 months of managing utd , and people write him off. If we've hit a glass ceiling, there aren't many who will keep us between 5-10th every season. Moyes could.

Quite. And this time a year ago Martinez was completing a job of turning a Wigan team Steve Bruce had established in mid-table into a Championship team.

It has yet to be seen whether Roberto vacancies consistently deliver top 6/7 finishes that Moyes did, although he's done brilliantly, he hasn't had to build a team yet.

Moyes will take some time off (a good year) and then take the easy option at Celtic, or end up at Villa, Newcastle or a newly rich Premier League Sunderland, Notts Forest, Leeds United, or, just maybe, Saints.

Edited by CB Fry

Precisely this. I would take him in a heartbeat.

Front page headline in the Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/

Those who compare the situation to when Fergie was given time 20 years ago are well off the mark. This is 2014 and time waits for one man where money and success talks before integrity or loyalty. No scruples today.

Certainly the start of a huge manager merry go round.

Yep