Pochettino Out, Moyes In...

Unbelievable Jeff

Moyes is a top notch EPL manager. If he was at Saints I would be extremely proud and happy. He is a decent man and would be just right for solidifying us into that just below top five area I think - based on what he did for Everton. He would be a safe pair of hands if we lost Mopo and that might just appeal to the owner.I don't buy all that negative football rubbish. His results and EPL finishes speak for themselves.The players he had were never as good as all that but his results were.

But I don't think we are the kind of club for him and as others have intimated - arousing other sleeping giants like Newcastle might be more his new role. Playing a high risk new style with loads of very young players is not in his DNA and it now seems very much the "Southampton Way" - so for that reason i think its unlikely he will ever manage at SMS. It might be good for him to go the the Bundesliga or similar to show that he CAN do it.

If Mopo left i would not be surprised to see another young manager in there of foreign extraction but with a similar perspective. We have seen they do not even need to speak English. But they do need to be in a hurry to impress and probably managed elsewhere to a good degree of success. They should also be able to think global in line with Krueger and be highly intelligent - not just a "football" person. I think that rules out a lot of spurious candidates but also rules in a number that some here would not even dream of being possible - mainly from overseas.

Edited by Giordano

How many posters was that by then Jamie? Was it one or two posters that you're obsessing over with this quote? I'm going to guess at one. if we look at your history though, I seem to remember you calling Adkins a legend and saying that MP would definitely take us down in his first season...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31921-How-much-do-you-rate-like-nige

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37624-Adkins-Southampton-legend

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42470-Ponchito-wont-last-the-year

:lol:

I'm sorry Batman, and I'm sure I could be made to look stupid if someone trawled through my history, but that is pretty funny.

OK then Cb try, seeing as you've contributed nothing to this thread so far.....

Would you like to see Moyes come to Saints?

I'd be delighted. Perfectly happy with our current manager, though. But thanks for the laser sharp questioning.

I'd be delighted. Perfectly happy with our current manager, though. But thanks for the laser sharp questioning.

Coming from a former Stoke supporter, that's high praise.

The magic left with Pulis though, eh mate?

OK then Cb try, seeing as you've contributed nothing to this thread so far.....

Would you like to see Moyes come to Saints?

How about offering up some evidence to suggest he is a bad manager?

You've so far pointed out that we all have our opinions, and used the evidence of a blog calling for his head - after 9 years in charge. About as damning evidence as Glasgow or Barry starting a thread on here calling for MP's head.

You've so far pointed out that we all have our opinions, and used the evidence of a blog calling for his head - after 9 years in charge. About as damning evidence as Glasgow or Barry starting a thread on here calling for MP's head.

Manchester United - 2013/2014 season.

What exactly did he get right?

Never won anything, never come close to winning anything.

Poor man manger, poor tactically, terrible with the media.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

But yeah, they are the reasons for me.

My opinion if you will.

My opinion if you will.

He looked fkn clueless this year. A number of podcasts this week have talked about how he never seemed to realise how big United was. All the talk of the team playing well when losing to crap teams, etc.

He looked fkn clueless this year. A number of podcasts this week have talked about how he never seemed to realise how big United was. All the talk of the team playing well when losing to crap teams, etc.

Yes, the guy is a vacuum without a doubt.

Slagged off his new squad continually, what a star.

Has anyone said he did a good job this year Pap? Does a bad ten months render an eleven year spell most people with brain cells regard as a success irrelevant?

Don't change the subject. You were asking for evidence that he's a bad manager, on the day after he's been sacked for turning last year's champions into this year's joke. Not got enough?

Why is it in England, a player/manager is deemed an utter failure after just 1 season (and not even that) of struggling

This guy reckoned he hadn't done that well at Everton either to be fair, here he is disagreeing with somebody saying he did a decent job there. He clearly hadn't noticed Everton's league record after Moyes took over either:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49227-Things-that-surprised-you-in-the-league-(non-saints)&p=1891292#post1891292

(It's nice with the search function on this site, you can just put in a keyword, a posters name and the see all the contradictory bull**** they consistently post.)

I answered your question sunshine. What else do you want me to say?

Go on, ask me another. I'm, like, on the ropes from your onslaught.

Sorry CB Try, missed this post.

Erm, ok, I will ask some more questions.

Do you think David Moyes was at fault regarding Man U's terrible season this year? Were you impressed by the way he took the league champions and turned them into a pub side that hated their manager? leaving them with their worst finish in the last 20 + years?

Do you think Everton are that much worse without him, despite this years point tally being the largest they have accrued?

My opinion if you will.

Narrowly losing an FA Cup final is never coming close to winning anything? Okay then.

goggle eyed fuck. I'd of liked to see his face when he got sack, he looks surprised at the best of times.

Manager-David-Moyes-shocked-2280617.jpg

Lol, I don't hate the man.

As I said before, he needs time out of the game before coming back (and possibly a primer on attacking football/substitutions).

Don't want him here, though.

Sorry CB Try, missed this post.

Erm, ok, I will ask some more questions.

Do you think David Moyes was at fault regarding Man U's terrible season this year? Were you impressed by the way he took the league champions and turned them into a pub side that hated their manager? leaving them with their worst finish in the last 20 + years?

Do you think Everton are that much worse without him, despite this years point tally being the largest they have accrued?

Moyes has been a complete disaster at Manchester United - why on earth would anyone think otherwise? I've commented on Moyes performance at OT elsewhere on this forum. Doesn't make him an average manager, though.

And Everton under Martinez is at worst completely irrelevant to assessing Moyes contribution, or at best, a fine testimony to the foundations laid by Moyes in his very successful tenure. If Martinez was failing at Everton I have no doubt you would be using that in your dossier of shreds of evidence that Moyes was awful and left Roberto a terrible legacy.

Moyes has been a complete disaster at Manchester United - why on earth would anyone think otherwise? I've commented on Moyes performance at OT elsewhere on this forum. Doesn't make him an average manager, though.

And Everton under Martinez is at worst completely irrelevant to assessing Moyes contribution, or at best, a fine testimony to the foundations laid by Moyes in his very successful tenure. If Martinez was failing at Everton I have no doubt you would be using that in your dossier of shreds of evidence that Moyes was awful and left Roberto a terrible legacy.

Not me, I've got no beef with Moyes personally, I just think that he's been over rated during his time at Everton (during his last few years more so than his initial turn around of the club)

The Man U debacle was only confirming what I already thought, no surprises there.

I'm suggesting that if he were indeed 'above average' he would have made a better fist of it, firstly at Everton and then at Man U.

Horse for courses though, I can fully understand why others see this differently.

It's pretty rough round there + notorious gay cruising area of Glasgow.

tokyos as always first with in depth knowledge of uk gay cruising sites. Is you on holiday or something tokyos? i carefully monitor ur posting habits using bletch's dialysis machine + i have detected variance.

Yeah Glasgow saint is notorious rough gay cruiser sarb.

No holiday bear just business plus buying house is busy, plus buying new office, plus more business, plus people asking stupid questions all day, means less posting in the day time. Plus saints is boring since we got tattood into being 8th position for life. I didn't even watch sats game against some pikey areas team. Plus so many flushes and word games mean less people to wind up or post tits. I wish I could do ban in advance now, work up my ban credit and then cash it in when real ban comes.

David Moyes is emerging as a contender to become Tottenham's next manager, though senior figures at the club are divided over the possible appointment following his dismal short reign at Manchester United, reports the London Evening Standard.

The newspaper says Spurs chairman Daniel Levy remains a keen admirer of the 50-year-old Scot, having considered him to replace Harry Redknapp in 2012 before opting for Andre Villas-Boas.