Amen, Flash

alpine_saint

In an ideal world yes it would be great to sign players and get the business done early but if we are to improve our squad it is very likely that we will need to sign players that will be playing at the WC.

I am pretty sure that most clubs will want to keep their players at this stage as a very good WC adds £ms onto price tags and a players wages potential from the player's perspective. There is rarely too much movement early in a window anyway without a WC so I simply cannot see business being doen early unless we are to revert back to signing squad players which would be a big mistake. Yes, there are some players from countries that might not be playing in the WC and there is always The Championship but players from there that are good enough to improve surely must be the exception.

I am buckling in tight for a summer of whining and moaning about lack of activity in the transfer market to be honest as expect nothing to be done until July. If we get MP signed up again on an improved contract then that would be success before July in my opinion.

I want , I want , I want..........

Hoping KL will pass the budget over to some of you experts to spend more wisely than the footer peeps:p

Not a problem, just ask her to pop £20 mill into my account.

I will be back later with a proper, low mileage, world class striker in tow, promise. :)

My guess is that most business will be done even later than normal this year. Players at the WC will want to wait until after the tournament to maximise their wage/value, whilst buying clubs will wait to be sure they are not buying a crock.

Expect nothing until August.

That's what I would've thought too.

Another year, still a very simple message failing to register with the same posters. Don't want to give up hope, but, well, not easy is it.

I would if I were you, some people are never going to figure it out.

alpine on the other hand knows everything his posts is nonsense but he has a compulsive need for attention, which he gets from strangers on the internet. It's sad really, his life must be quite tragic if he is doing this for fun.

Tells it like it is :

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11167759.Former_star_tells_Saints_to_hit_transfer_trail/?ref=var_0

Personally I say the same thing every season, but with the vultures circling, a statement of intent is needed this summer more than ever...

Flash has this bang on!

But how can we expect player loyalty and commitment both internal and external if our own manager is unable to commit to the club?

Time for Mopo to show the club, fans and owners some respect and quit all this media teasing.

either bugger off or sign a new contract so we can start planning for next season NOW

Be fair chaps, many 'available' players will hold out until after the FIFA WC Final in the hope that they will star and catch the eye of the really BIG teams of the world so no way they will sign early for minnows Saints just to suit our local agenda for hanging on to players and manager. We're shafted on this as well.

I remain optimistic that all will end well but heaven knows why?

...but you had the other view yesterday that we are hobbled on spending by the Financial Fair Play rules and will not be allowed to sign Big Money players. It seems we are shafted one way or tother.

Depends which Financial Fair Play model you use as the basis. The Premier League's own FFP regulations are much more relaxed than UEFA's (£105m loss over 3 years with the PL regulations compared to around £40m over the same period with UEFA), and as we're not currently competing in UEFA competitions, their regulations are ultimately irrelevant to us.

Samuel's article made a reasonable point that the FFP regulations do a lot to maintain the existing hierarchy, but that doesn't mean that a club of our stature can't still spend big money where it deems it appropriate.

Transfer fees are amortised over the duration of a player's contract, so paying £20m for a player and giving him a 5-year deal will only look like a £4m payment on the profit and loss account. The trick, as ever, is making sure the players signed are the right players for the club and team - but that's the case regardless of whether there are FFP restrictions or not. Get the scouting and research correct and we can still make big signings by our standards. I wouldn't expect us to break our transfer record again, but there's no reason why we couldn't spend £10m on a player this summer.

Statement of intent.

Go in for Lukaku + Christisen from Chelsea.

Wellbeck and Jizz-in-eye from united.

Walcott and oxlade from the wasters

Kane and dawson and tottenham.

Then stick 2 fingers up at anyone else who things they have a god given right to any of our players/manager.

I miss Cortese, this new lot seem soft as anything when it comes to playing hardball.

Statement of intent.

Then stick 2 fingers up at anyone else who things they have a god given right to any of our players/manager.

I miss Cortese, this new lot seem soft as anything when it comes to playing hardball.

That's not a statement of intent, that's a statement of idiocy. If we try and sign Theo, AOC or Januzaj people will laugh at us.

I don't know by what criteria you define the new board as soft. The window hasn't even opened yet.

Statement of intent.

My word :lol:

A combination of players that many top clubs wouldn't be able to buy and a couple of players from Spurs who genuinely wouldn't get in our first XI.

The only remotely attainable one would be Welbeck if his stance on leaving Man United remains despite Moyes' departure, but even then his wages must be astronomical.

I must have missed that long list of players we've already sold for knockdown fees.

Statement of intent.

Lukaku

Januzai

Walcott

deary me, LOL

That's not a statement of intent, that's a statement of idiocy. If we try and sign Theo, AOC or Januzaj people will laugh at us.

I don't know by what criteria you define the new board as soft. The window hasn't even opened yet.

Ohhh he meant Januzaj. I thought he was referring to Kagawa and couldnt believe what i was reading :lol:

Why is it the morons demanding countless signings every window, 'statements of intent' and expensive shiny new toys are always the exact same morons who slag off expensive shiny new signings without 20 minutes and get borderline racist in their relentless attacks the rest of the season?

And also moan when the expensive shiny new signing foreigner is then being played in place of their favourite english player, that should never have been replaced from the first team.

My head hurts.

Alpines definition of a statement of intent? for the next 5 seasons

14/15 We are going to get relegated

15/16 We are going to get relegated

16/17 We are going to get relegated

17/18 We are going to get relegated

18/19 We are going to get relegated

Glasgows Definition of a statement of intent is

I am going to start as many threads as I possibly can and be the greatest WUM the world has ever seen

Barry S Definition of a statement of intent is

Your all wrong and Im correct and Glasgow is not the greatest wum I am

Oh and for Pap

Pap's statement of intent is that one of his conspiracy theories will be proven correct

Keeping Pochettino is obviously job 1. Ok, he wants to see the season out, fine, but the second that full time whistle blows against Utd, hand the bumper contract to him and give him a couple of days to decide. If he wants out, it needs to be sorted as soon as possible and a new manager found ASAP. Sorting that out before player ins/outs is key.

I hope Pochettino stays, IMO it's our best chance of keeping most of the jewels, but whatever happens, Flash is right, it needs to be done swiftly. Please God don't let this become another summer of turmoil...

Clarification ladies, I'm not suggesting we can get all of them, just saying we should stick bids in so they get the message and leave us well alone in return.

On a side note, I do think that Wellbeck, Kane, Dawson are around the level we should be aiming at, that or better from abroad.

Keeping Pochettino is obviously job 1. Ok, he wants to see the season out, fine, but the second that full time whistle blows against Utd, hand the bumper contract to him and give him a couple of days to decide. If he wants out, it needs to be sorted as soon as possible and a new manager found ASAP. Sorting that out before player ins/outs is key.

I hope Pochettino stays, IMO it's our best chance of keeping most of the jewels, but whatever happens, Flash is right, it needs to be done swiftly. Please God don't let this become another summer of turmoil...

I hope Pochettino stays, but, as each day passes, I doubt it more and more

The Club should have had that position tied up LONG ago, but they havn't, which, to me, weakens the Club's position the longer it goes on.

You just cannot sit back and do NOTHING to allay peoples genuine "fears" as to what the Club's future is intended to be, and then, come the 30th May, EXPECT all

EXISTING ST holders to blindly commit their hard earned cash to buying into a future of which you are told very little.