On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you with saints at the moment?

norwaysaint

How happy are You?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are You?

For what it's worth Alps I completely agree with you. And never mind about the trolls trying to wind you up...on this your opinion is valid and sensible.

I also agree alps, Les reed's statement also brings a good dose of optimism with it.

Expressing my opinion, like, but I find it bizarre how fans can give mediocre marks and suggest the team must do better. The club is in its second season after returning to the top flight and have put in a phenomenal effort all things considered. How can anyone feel less than a 10?

Even if we were in a dog fight, I'd still be feeling 10. Those years after relegation in 2005 were appalling, just appalling. I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling less than a 2 in the months leading to administration under Wotte. Truly dark, dank days.

Now we are in the top flight again playing some of the best football I've seen ever, with a core pedigree of the best English talent around, and there is more to come.

Maybe once the club establishes itself as a top flight side, and isn't able to progress past a certain position each year, then I think I'd start thinking there needs to be improvement.

The club has no divine right to be where it is. If it wasn't for a billionaire bail out, there'd be no club.

This. Great post

10...been a good season

Amazing that some are STILL whining about the fa cup like spoilt brats

because didnt get the biggest xmas present

The FA Cup and winning it would be like the best Christmas present so yes you are correct and not giving 100% to win it is a load shiete and if he is here next season he wont do that again.

10...been a good season

Amazing that some are STILL whining about the fa cup like spoilt brats

because didnt get the biggest xmas present

You cant even voice your own opinion on here anymore without some jerk like you crying tears because they see things different.

You cant even voice your own opinion on here anymore without some jerk like you crying tears because they see things different.

Excuse me bell, its loons like you that are doing the crying mush...

Voice your own opinion yeah, over and over and over....etc..

time to grow up kid

8/10

The season has been really good, we've watched some excellent games particularly at St.Mary's and played good football, even if those back and side way passes frustrated us at times. We have a squad of talented, level-headed players who are mostly mates and enjoy working at the club, and our academy players have really upped their game and are generally tearing the first team door down.

We were also not afraid to get rid of our highly-paid prima donna, which shows authority and strength as a club, crucial for us to be perceived as of a higher position in the table. Our captain is someone local to us who progressed with the club and is now an England certain, so really the perfect person (even if, like during his progression, it took him an extra season to do it)

The 2 missing refer just to things off the field. I really want us to have a peaceful season off the pitch next year. Be it Adkins, Cortese, Osvaldo...just none of it for a whole year! Given our evolution since promotion to the PL, these occurrences do us no justice.

But overall really happy!

On paper i'd give it an 8/10. We've held onto our best players, added one or two of real quality, played some fantastic football and matched our best ever Premier league finish and bettered the points total (though that's slightly hollow as football didn't begin in '92).

But...

In reality i'd say it's been a 6/7. The cup run pi.ssed me off, the atmosphere has been seriously damp and if i'm honest i've been bored for a good few months.

Maybe our standards have changed, but i can't help but think if we'd gone for the for the cup seriously we'd be in the final now. And that or a semi would've made this season fantastic.

It's a 7/10 for me, which doesn't really sit with my happy clapper status or this "most successful season since Prem started" lark.

Positives:-

League position

Media respect

Youth players coming good

Negatives:-

Drama over Chairman

Uncertainty over players' futures

FA Cup

Cutting edge

I could quite easily revise this up to a 9 if we've still got most of our players next season.

I love that. Rather than counter with anything, you pick up on my shortening of the word "because" as I was posting on a mobile phone as if that is meant to make my view invalid. Sort of reinforces my original point. Oh and it's Bill not bell...

Counter what some idiot who asks people if they are twelve....not worth the time...

Tell you what go and police some other threads too, i`m sure they need you type of insight ...:scared:

Counter what some idiot who asks people if they are twelve....not worth the time...

Tell you what go and police some other threads too, i`m sure they need you type of insight ...:scared:

Seems you have done a good job of policing this one! How very dare someone post that this season is less than a ten! :lol:

P.s. you have some minor typing errors in your post. I could have made a big deal out of it but I'm not a bellend!

Seems you have done a good jon of policing this one! How very dare someone post that this season is less than a ten! :lol:

:lol:

Perhaps you should read posts properly instead of making "you must be twelve" comments and you would have

realised my comment was stating how i could not believe how people were still whining about the fa cup nothing, to do

with judging their marks out of ten...

Perhaps you should read posts properly instead of making "you must be twelve" comments and you would have

realised my comment was stating how i could not believe how people were still whining about the fa cup nothing, to do

Erm it's not amazing at all. When people judge how happy they are with saints they have to look back at the big events of the season of which our FA cup performance was one. Please enlighten us as to how long it is acceptable to be irked by our cup performances.

And just so you understand my previous post:

How dare someone use the FA cup performance this season as a reason to give a lower score than yourself for the season.

Edited by hypochondriac

Erm it's not amazing at all. When people judge how happy they are with saints they have to look back at the big events of the season of which our FA cup performance was one. Please enlighten us as to how long it is acceptable to be irked by our cup performances.

And just so you understand my previous post:

How dare someone use the FA cup performance this season as a reason to give a lower score than yourself for the season.

I think you misunderstood my post tbh but probably just so you could call someone twelve..

As far as i`m concerned judge the season on what ever anyone wants, i merely am surprised how people

continue to whinge about it..my opinion (just my opinion) is that it is time to put that to bed..

Ignore Always_SFC! He's one of the biggest trolls on here.

Check his post history..... 99% of his posts are about other posters, very very very rarely offers any opinion on saints.

And we haven't heard your thoughts on seeing us in the flesh last Saturday GS. Not inspired to do a little match report?

Jeese, read your own lately.

7, it was a 9 before Cortese left, but it's growing tedious having literally constant rumours about all our players leaving. A general conversation that happens a good once a week or so lately:

Me: Hey, yeah I support Saints, we've had a good season

Them: Yeah you've done well, got some good players, shame you won't be able to keep hold of them. I hear Shaw and Lallana are off to United.

Me:

triple-h-angry.gif

It's completely ruining the season for me tbh.

You are a strange person...

I read many posts including your crap unfortunately

You think I'm strange eh.

I respond to the op's post about marks out of 10 for the season and I answer as I see it, then I get some infantile cretin like you jumping down my throat all because you are think I am a brat for being p*ssed that we easily gave up a fantastic chance to get to wembley, of which the same opinion has been voiced by many others on here.

I have been supporting saints home and away for 50 years chum and I suspect by the style of your posts you were not even a semen swimming up your mothers channel when I was going to games at the dell.

Anyone that supports saints is a pal of mine, but you jerkoff are the exception.

You think I'm strange eh.

I respond to the op's post about marks out of 10 for the season and I answer as I see it, then I get some infantile cretin like you jumping down my throat all because you are think I am a brat for being p*ssed that we easily gave up a fantastic chance to get to wembley, of which the same opinion has been voiced by many others on here.

I have been supporting saints home and away for 50 years chum and I suspect by the style of your posts you were not even a semen swimming up your mothers channel when I was going to games at the dell.

Anyone that supports saints is a pal of mine, but you jerkoff are the exception.

I will not to respond to your post but because its full of insults from a bit of a silly old **** i wont bother, but will

say as you seem a bit muddled, i did not single out your view but you managed to get all worked up over mine....calm down dear

And for the record i have been a saints supporter since my first visit in 1969 but tbh its none of your business..

I voice my opinion you voice yours, no doubt you will challenge others opinion as i would too..get over it

8 out of 10 for me. Would have been 10 but for squandering a golden opportunity in the FA cup.

+1 This was my rating and assessment too.

I'll save Always_SFC the trouble, and admit that I am a total bellend and my opinion counts for nothing as it does not agree with his.