On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you with saints at the moment?

norwaysaint

How happy are You?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are You?

Unsurprisingly, the results of the poll so far show a classic bell-curve distribution, with 8 being the optimum level of satisfaction for many.

Now that you have identifies 8 as the median, you may as well tell us the skew and kurtosis as well..

Brilliant season for Saints considering it's only the second season back. Forget three years ago, comparing us now to where were were on that Monday night at West Brom when they took us to pieces is incredible. The cup disappointment was just that, a real disappointment, but if Lambert had tucked away his simple chance things might have been very different. the negative has been some of the ticket prices that have put me off gong to away games to a host of grounds I have been to many, many times. Having said that watching Lallana at SMS has been an absolute delight. Watching him link up with genuine talent like Lambert and Morgan is equally fun.

I've given 10 because of the massive improvement from an out of it's depth team at the start of last season to a team that competed at the end. Then this season looked brilliant at times and has held it's own in 8th place in it's second season in the Premier League.

7 for me....Would have been higher, but loosing games to stupid defensive errors and not capitalizing oh huge periods of possession have frustrated the hell out of me and definitely tempered what potentially could have been one of the seasons of a life time.

The Jury is still very much out for me out for me Re Kruegar.....Any successful company needs a strong, focused and committed leader....I'm not so sure we have that atm....The fact today's 'Chairman' type statement came from Reed, does nothing to reassure me in that department.

Having said that, absolutely loving the way we play and if we keep the players we have and get a couple more in, maybe it could all come together next year.

Very pleased that we can dominate games. Very disappointed that we can't kill them off. Very very pleased to see our home grown players shine, very disappointed that our two expensive players are failures, with the third being a bit iffy. We cannot afford to frig around and sign players like Osvaldo or Ramirez.

The Jury is still very much out for me out for me Re Kruegar.....Any successful company needs a strong, focused and committed leader....I'm not so sure we have that atm....The fact today's 'Chairman' type statement came from Reed, does nothing to reassure me in that department.

Reed explained his role in great detail. He's the football man, the one who deals with transfers and works with Pochettino on a day-to-day basis. Krueger is focused on commercial expansion. What on earth would he have to say that Reed couldn't say with more authenticity?

Unsurprisingly, the results of the poll so far show a classic bell-curve distribution, with 8 being the optimum level of satisfaction for many.

… as opposed to the classic bell-end curve distribution more commonly encountered on here ;)

8/10. Marks deducted for missed opportunities in Cups and slightly dodgy transfer strategy.

Reed explained his role in great detail. He's the football man, the one who deals with transfers and works with Pochettino on a day-to-day basis. Krueger is focused on commercial expansion. What on earth would he have to say that Reed couldn't say with more authenticity?

I don't give a damn who's department it was....That was the sort of statement any Chairman or CEO worth their salt should have been making....The fact it had to come from some else speaks volumes

… as opposed to the classic bell-end curve distribution more commonly encountered on here ;)

8/10. Marks deducted for missed opportunities in Cups and slightly dodgy transfer strategy.

What do you think was dodgy about our transfer policy? Went after the best we could get and players who are better than we've got? Not sure I see anything wrong with that myself.

I don't give a damn who's department it was....That was the sort of statement any Chairman or CEO worth their salt should have been making....The fact it had to come from some else speaks volumes

I think the relevant people will be the ones making the statements when required, about their area of the business, from now on. Which IMO is exactly how it should be.

How so ? The pre-match conferences were continually being disrupted by questions about comings and goings, well goings anyway.. Reed decided that it was up to him as director in charge of football to put an end to them...at least for this morning's presser.

What do you think was dodgy about our transfer policy? Went after the best we could get and players who are better than we've got? Not sure I see anything wrong with that myself.

Thought Osvaldo transfer was too risky, and don’t think we addressed the keeper situation properly.

7 for me. Imo opinion a 10 is winning something, like one of the cups of getting in the top 4. 9 would be top 6 or a losing cup finalist. We have played some excellent football but also fallen short against weak opposition which we shouldn't have, I was onthe verge of an 8 but the failed chance of enhancement in the FA cup and the big dip in current form dropped it a position.

9/10 to be able to compete in every single game with a team comprising a substantial amount of home grown talent is fantastic.

One of the most enjoyable seasons in my 40 years of support.

Very proud of my club and my home City.

Some people seem to take an awful lot of pleasing.

10 = Liverpool

9 = Chelsea

8 = Man City & Everton

7 = Arsenal and Hull & Palace

6 = Saints, Newcastle, Stoke, Spurs

5 = Man United, Sunderland (Cup final)

3 = Cardiff, Fulham

1 = Pompey

Is this a list of the forums you are active on?

7.5 for me - I think it's important to separate how far we've come and what we've achieved, from what we think we're capable of in the future. I also think that recent results will be good for us in the long run because the danger of rising too quickly is that the hype overtakes the reality and we sink back down again because our improvements are unsustainable.

To finish 8th (hopefully) will be an excellent achievement, and a strong platform to build on. The aim for next season should simply be to try and finish higher than 8th. Continuous, gradual improvement, all while introducing more young players in to the squad, whilst developing the club off the pitch.

We are in a fantastic position.

Minty, the eternal fence sitter. Couldn't even decide on a 7 or 8!

Eight. Generally great season. The injuries have spoilt it a bit (didnt give two schitts about the FA Cup). Cant put any higher until I know for definite we arent losing Poch or selling any players. Although Reeds statement was immensely encouraging.

9/10. The edge has gone off since we lost JRod and we lack the finish that he was beginning to provide. But a fantastic season.

Anyone suggesting mid-table mediocrity needs to look at where we were 3 years ago and get a reality check or give up on he pathetic wind-ups.

Eight for me as well. Best season in a very long time. The first half against Arsenal was the best performance I have seen since Alan Ball ran the midfield. Not a perfect ten though as we failed to convert the possession we have enjoyed throughout the season into wins.

Much to look forward to.

I'm saying nine out of ten.

Great football from a home grown (or organically assembled) team, with two out of three of our big money signings working out well, a very good hit rate. Our reputation and standing in the game has gone through the roof. And some astonishing halves of football, beating anything I can remember since Chris Nicholl's wonder kids season (which is really where my Saints memories begin).

Really the dismal performances in both cups are the only major downside to the season, especially as this clearly was a perfect season to have a real tilt at one.

Jay Rod not going to the WC (I wanted him to go more than Shaw, to be honest, because it seems he'd earned it more) and our godawful abortion of a kit were the only other two big negatives.

Other than that a near perfect season. Everything I wanted to happen, did happen.

8/10, would be higher if we made more of an effort in the cups. I think we will look back on this season as a massive opportunity missed.

I still don't get Poch's thinking behind the Sunderland debacle, I guess he actually believed in Cortese's Champions League ******.

Season ticket, not going tomorrow. Can't be arsed.

Said it before but here goes again. I find an aspiration for 6th to be boring. A very good, in fact exceptional performance this season. But, since April, dull.

I expect abuse, but meh.

Edit: And before the dribbling morons like adrainsfc come calling: Yes, I've had enormous fun this season watching Saints. I've watched us play an amazing brand of football. Some of the games I've seen have been utterly brilliant.

But, and I realise this is a minority opinion; I don't get the aspiration of finishing 8th and being delighted. I know it's an achievement. It's to be lauded. I just get to the point that I'm already finding it boring. I'm a rarer breed who actually enjoyed every day of our Championship days, even when we were sh*t. I want SFC to win something, even if its something as lowly as the JPT. Top ten finish = success? Not so much. To each their own.

Edited by The Kraken

With no cup run, no top 4, no europe + 1 win against the top 8 all season :lol: @ those voting 10 #dellsize

Not to mention...... Cardiff (H), Sunderland x4, Norwich (A), Villa (H&A), WHU (H&A), Stoke (H&A)

I think Liverpool are doing the same poll on their site, but only gave a 4 out of 10 as they lost at home to Southampton and did not score!

Said it before but here goes again. I find an aspiration for 6th to be boring. A very good, in fact exceptional performance this season. But, since April, dull.

I expect abuse, but meh.

Edit: And before the dribbling morons like adrainsfc come calling: Yes, I've had enormous fun this season watching Saints. I've watched us play an amazing brand of football. Some of the games I've seen have been utterly brilliant.

But, and I realise this is a minority opinion; I don't get the aspiration of finishing 8th and being delighted. I know it's an achievement. It's to be lauded. I just get to the point that I'm already finding it boring. I'm a rarer breed who actually enjoyed every day of our Championship days, even when we were sh*t. I want SFC to win something, even if its something as lowly as the JPT. Top ten finish = success? Not so much. To each their own.

I can see why you don't find it as exciting as trophy-chasing, but if you really find this dull I'm not sure how you've managed being a Saints fan over the years. What did you enjoy about the Championship years that you don't now?

Obviously it's heightened if we're chasing something or fighting relegation, but I feel the same way after every win and every defeat. I'll be the same on the last day of this season, even if our final league position's decided long before.

Expressing my opinion, like, but I find it bizarre how fans can give mediocre marks and suggest the team must do better. The club is in its second season after returning to the top flight and have put in a phenomenal effort all things considered. How can anyone feel less than a 10?

Even if we were in a dog fight, I'd still be feeling 10. Those years after relegation in 2005 were appalling, just appalling. I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling less than a 2 in the months leading to administration under Wotte. Truly dark, dank days.

Now we are in the top flight again playing some of the best football I've seen ever, with a core pedigree of the best English talent around, and there is more to come.

Maybe once the club establishes itself as a top flight side, and isn't able to progress past a certain position each year, then I think I'd start thinking there needs to be improvement.

The club has no divine right to be where it is. If it wasn't for a billionaire bail out, there'd be no club.

9/10

We're doing OK on the pitch.

Katherina has committed to another large chunk of cash to meet our immediate commitments.

TV money is on its way.

Shaw is highly likely to stay for a season at least.

All is good.

4 or 5 years ago we were in administration and heading into League 1 on -10 points (or liquidation). We are now going to finish about 8th in the PL, with a number of academy players looking like present/future England quality. So 9/10 for me (1 point lost for the FA Cup cock up, and Nicola leaving which makes me a bit uneasy).

I expect abuse, but meh.

Your opinion etc so fair enough, but you gave it a 1 out of 10. I guess you'll be killing yourself when we finish 11th then?

7/10

It's been a good season we've played some great football, brought in some great young players and it's been nice taking the plaudits. I still enjoyed the promotion seasons more. I think I will always struggle to enjoy the PL more than those days because in the lower leagues we always had a chance of winning the league and competing where as in the PL, this season, we've probably gone as high as we can ever get. In the PL even before the first ball of the season is kicked you can pretty much predict the top seven which kills the excitement somewhat for me. Our lack of desire in the cups frustrates me as well with no chance of breaking in to the PL top elite the cups are our best chance of getting some silverware so I'd take finishing lower in the PL and being in a cup final over 8th and nothing else.

5/10

Good and steady progression but lack of ambition in the Cups has left a bitter taste in the mouth, this summer is very important to whether we stay about the same level or decline into a struggling Premeirship team.

that bitter taste is probably your dads baby batter