Big Vic back no goals conceded!

Roger

Well we gave away a penalty, it just wasn't awarded. Small margins. Last week Alpine didn't understand that we'd have won if awarded a penalty. Well it works both ways and we had a bit of luck today.

Also letting slopping passing put one of their players through on goal. Huge mistake early second half, and big slice of luck with the incorrect offside. Some people need to appreciate there's always a bit of luck for and against at this level.

Wanyama limits opposition chances no doubt, he just needs to maintain his concentration levels and he'll be a great player. Delighted he and Cork played so well together.

I've never seen us have such good CM options. Wanyama, Cork, Morgan, Davis always superb. JWP has potential and is tidy enough. Brilliant overall.

Bit of luck? We should have had at least 2 pens from where I was sat.

Problem with that then is we are likely to lose either Morgan or Cork. They're all too good to sit on the bench :(

If we're ever going to reach the "next level" then we're going to have to get used to having great players on the bench. That's where we're weaker than the top 7 at the moment - the depth of our squad. Our best 11 can compete with any of the top 7.

If we're ever going to reach the "next level" then we're going to have to get used to having great players on the bench. That's where we're weaker than the top 7 at the moment - the depth of our squad. Our best 11 can compete with any of the top 7.

I think Morgan can offer something further forward

VW was excellent today and IMO looked a better player than earlier in the season.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Really?

He did okay, but he is still far from the rampaging midfield enforcer we saw before his injury IMO. I'm not really expecting to see that type of dominant performance again from VW until next season.

For the record I thought that Jack Cork was head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield today in terms of effectiveness. Indeed he, and the equally excellent Nat Clyne, were to my way of thinking our leading MotM contenders.

Problem with that then is we are likely to lose either Morgan or Cork. They're all too good to sit on the bench :(

Funny how people see football different ways. I think VW is essential in the way we play hence why we have got battered so many second halves when he hasn't been there. He is so strong, breaks up play, he was a beast in there today against one of the best CM partnerships this season in Barry/McCarthy. What I will say is Cork has really come on this season to the point where he is almost ahead of Morgan on current form. It's a great dilemna to have but i've said before it is NO coincidence where we start of the season when he was playing. Far too many people see pretty passes as the be all and end all, he offers our team a defensive solidity the others dont

Pretty sure Morgan came to us a more attacking midfielder, he certainly has the touch to be pushed slightly more forward. If they have any aspirations of european football theyll have to accept theyll be rotated at any club that is good enough to play in those kind of competitions

Is it me or do opposition players shy away from trying to take the ball from Big Vic or avoid 50-50s with him? Quite a few times today it felt there were Everton players who didn't fancy putting their foot in against him.

I said exactly the same thing to my boy at the game today. To be fair I wouldn't fancy going into a challenge with him!!

I would have Victor Wanyama in my side every time..

Now getting match fit..

The opposition find him a very difficult player to play against.

Next season...with pre season etc....will be a star.

I have been impressed with him...after coming back from injury a match or so too soon...has now settled in and forms that solid barrier in front of the back four.

Well done Saints and well done Victor.:)

Pretty sure Morgan came to us a more attacking midfielder

what makes you say that. I remember his first game for us and pretty much from the first minute he seemed to want to drop into that deep lying role. Making runs beyond the strikers has been alien to him until last season.

I will leave that to Poch:)

I will hand him the team sheet with Victors name on and leave the rest to him.;)

Come on, you are going to have to do better than that. This is one of the, if only interesting team selections we have. The only other genuine choice is chambers or Clyne. So which is it, Cork or VW?

Come on, you are going to have to do better than that. This is one of the, if only interesting team selections we have. The only other genuine choice is chambers or Clyne. So which is it, Cork or VW?

For me...Victor when fit everytime.

Previously Morgan instead of Corky.

Davis every time in his role.

So that leaves me as a selector:rolleyes:

Corky or Morgan to play with Victor and Steve Davis.

Same side to start against Swansea and Morgan..IF fit on the bench.

Yes...I sit on the fence...as Wanyama , Morgan .Corky and Davis are great players.

Lately Morgan has dropped off from his high class performances.......so his injury rest/recovery is probably much needed.

Final answer one game at a time......Same team to start v Swansea...

Nice dilema for Poch:D

I could even see games or part of games where all four start...MAYBE:)

Then again are all four available next season?......I hope so;)

I will stick with my opinion....when fit....Wanyama in my selection every time:)

For me...Victor when fit everytime.

Previously Morgan instead of Corky.

Davis every time in his role.

So that leaves me as a selector:rolleyes:

Corky or Morgan to play with Victor and Steve Davis.

Same side to start against Swansea and Morgan..IF fit on the bench.

Yes...I sit on the fence...as Wanyama , Morgan .Corky and Davis are great players.

Lately Morgan has dropped off from his high class performances.......so his injury rest/recovery is probably much needed.

Final answer one game at a time......Same team to start v Swansea...

Nice dilema for Poch:D

I could even see games or part of games where all four start...MAYBE:)

Then again are all four available next season?......I hope so;)

I will stick with my opinion....when fit....Wanyama in my selection every time:)

If all are on board and fit next season what about some serious rotation to keep all four involved and happy, with the inevitable knocks, suspensions and drop-off in form eventually easing the selection dilemma. One of the surprising parts of Wanyama's game yesterday was the quality of his passing and distribution - with Davis and Cork so good as well it was a strange thing not to miss Morgan's absence.

If all are on board and fit next season what about some serious rotation to keep all four involved and happy, with the inevitable knocks, suspensions and drop-off in form eventually easing the selection dilemma. One of the surprising parts of Wanyama's game yesterday was the quality of his passing and distribution - with Davis and Cork so good as well it was a strange thing not to miss Morgan's absence.

Not only feeling we can improve with our current group.......hopefully all staying..

James Ward-Prowse and Harrison Reed will push on for many more appearances.....and other youth stepping up.

I am sure Poch has eye on the transfer market as well.

COYS

Morgan - great player and a long serving veteran now - will have to get used to the bench from time to time, as will others, Clyne has been there and look how he responded. If we want to go to the next stage we need a strong bench and top cover in every position, we've got it in midfield and right back, top clubs have it everywhere

I felt the whole team pressured and tackled very well yesterday. Not many of our players were beaten - bar the fact we didn't score it was a great performance from the whole team.

In saying this Big Vic had another cracking game and im sure of defensive record is much better with him in the team

Morgan - great player and a long serving veteran now - will have to get used to the bench from time to time, as will others, Clyne has been there and look how he responded. If we want to go to the next stage we need a strong bench and top cover in every position, we've got it in midfield and right back, top clubs have it everywhere

Agree. Better squad, more rotation, more competition. Step up or ship out. Not much place for sentiment if we want to improve.

Chelsea and Arsenal away are the only games we've conceded more than once with Wanyama on the pitch. Let's hope he can put injuries behind him and be consistent player next season.

Chelsea game he picked up a knock first half at 1-0 to us and arsenal lovren wasn't playing and boruc made that error followed by harsh pen.

It's pretty hard to ignore those stats. Wanyama has to start every game when fit.

Really enjoyed watching Cork and Wanyama play a full 90min together this week. Based on that performance I'd start the same again for Swansea. I would be absolutely ecstatic for him if he manages to end the season with his first Saints goal!

Spot on.

The next level is having this selection dilemma in all positions.