Osvaldo makes 5th in Telagraph 10 worst sighnings

cellone

The whole point of scouting is looking at players abilities, not just their stats. Everybody in Holland could see Altidore's limitations, even when he was scoring goals. Everybody could also see Bony was just too good for our league.

Just watch the games instead of listening to a agent with a youtube clip.

You can get good and bad from anywhere. Bony was a top scorer in a mediocre league. It's incredibly difficult to get right but all you can do is keep trying.

I certainly wouldn't use Osvaldo as a reason to avoid expensive and/or foreign players. I would think twice, however, about signing from Serie A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing that the Telegraph columns highlights is it's not just us who have made a bit of a boo boo buying badley.

Ossie has talent, he just doen't fit in and probably never will. Shame and all that, but he needs to go and we need to capitalise on what we can get for him.

The problem is that we assume that so and so is great or that so and so is ****. But lets put it this way.

JAY RODRIGUEZ IS ****.

HE MUST BE

LOOK AT THE ONE PERFORMANCE FOR ENGLAND.

In the right team and with time to settle and find your way, you and your team mates get used to how you play and where you fit in. I have always said that you take the best in the world, outside of the saints team, stick them all together and get them to play on day one against us and those that scream, 'we'll get slaughtered' might be in for a suprise. A team doen't consist of 11 individuals, it consist of 11 people working together to a common goal. and 11 workingn together can beat a world 11 individuals anyday no matter how talented. I know this is a bit of basic science, as there would ahve to be a certain level of competents, etc, but my point is that individuals don't make a team, and the more talented can be enhanced by those around them.

No game time again for Osvaldo tonight. Named on the bench again, but then Serie A allows 11 subs to be named. Can't see how he is going to get selected for Italy at this rate, and how we are going to get much for him especially not from Juve. He will be back in the summer imho, we'll see then what happens.

I still think Osvaldo will be here next season now Rodriguez is injured. Can't see us signing two top strikers.

You gotta be kiddin me, there's more chance of hell freezing over than osvaldo playing for us next season

No game time again for Osvaldo tonight. Named on the bench again, but then Serie A allows 11 subs to be named. Can't see how he is going to get selected for Italy at this rate, and how we are going to get much for him especially not from Juve. He will be back in the summer imho, we'll see then what happens.

All we've heard in the press from Juve's end is that they want him but at half the price. Ultimately that wouldn't mean they don't value him, just that they'd start low to try and keep the price down. We won't get the £15m we gave them as first refusal but £7m isn't a bad opening offer if they want him.

We shouldn't be too surprised if they want him and not too surprised if they don't, I guess. But I'm confident someone will take a punt on him - when you've got ability people will ignore the complications. Hell, we took that chance and we're shrewd compared to a lot of clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osvaldo scored 3 goals in 9 games giving him a 1 in 3 strikerate.

One thing ill say about him gaston and lamela is none have them had a decent run in there sides.

Players need games to be on top form

9 starts. 13 games in total.

Yeah sorry was just counting starts,

Controversial opinion here but i think if osvaldo played as many games as rickie this season he would have been more prolific.

When dani was starting we were messing around with the formation to accomodate him and lambert and it wasnt working.

I dont think hes a bad player it just didnt work out due to lack of run in the side,and silly suspensions and attitude

Osvaldo scored 3 goals in 9 games giving him a 1 in 3 strikerate.

One thing ill say about him gaston and lamela is none have them had a decent run in there sides.

Players need games to be on top form

But there is a reason why they're not getting a run in their sides.

How many has he started in the last month or so? Seems to be getting less and less playing time for them.

Yeah sorry was just counting starts,

Controversial opinion here but i think if osvaldo played as many games as rickie this season he would have been more prolific.

When dani was starting we were messing around with the formation to accomodate him and lambert and it wasnt working.

I dont think hes a bad player it just didnt work out due to lack of run in the side,and silly suspensions and attitude

He may have been more prolific, but would his overall contribution have been as useful? Also, you suggest it was "silly suspensions and attitude" is a bit of an understatement, kicking the Newcastle goalkeeping coach in the balls, then head-butting your team-mate in training suggests a fair old problem with him.