"Rickie Lambert, he's going to Brazil" (imo)....

tisspahars

Given Hodgson's comments today that he will disregard the last games of the season, has had his squad in his head for a while, and basically will be going on what he saw between November and March, and given that everybody seems to know there is one spot available between Rickie and Carroll, then (see title)........

"I'm rather hoping we don't get any more examples like we had with Jay Rodriguez. He damaged his cruciate ligament in a game where I was actually watching from the stands. You hope that's not going to happen again.

I ma reading too much into this to think he is suggesting that Jay Rod was going?

Full story

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/12016/9289022/roy-hodgson-gives-clearest-indication-he-knows-his-england-world-cup-squad

"I'm rather hoping we don't get any more examples like we had with Jay Rodriguez. He damaged his cruciate ligament in a game where I was actually watching from the stands. You hope that's not going to happen again.

I ma reading too much into this to think he is suggesting that Jay Rod was going?

Full story

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/12016/9289022/roy-hodgson-gives-clearest-indication-he-knows-his-england-world-cup-squad

Yeah, I think you are reading a little too much into it. J-Rod has been excellent this season but he was competing with some established international talent and would probably have been a certain (but late) cut. Still a tremendous accomplishment.

Hodgson's saying it could happen to anyone, including shoo-ins.

As for Lambert, he brings things to the table that Carroll couldn't bring in a million years - on and off the pitch; some of those things are "key imponderables" in the cauldron of a World Cup. I think he'll go.

Full story

I reckon Jay Rod was going. One of the most prolific English goalscorers, plus he'll get you something from nothing.

He'll even score on his arse. How many other English strikers are that committed? :)

I like the fact Roy will name the 23 and the 7 standbys and not name 30 and cut it to 23 before they go crushing some players. I think rickie is the 23rd player on the plane, if not then he'll be first choice stand by, I really hope he goes though. Adam will be a starter.