Twitter / Lallana

Saint-Beer

Like every Saints fan, don't want Ads to leave. Realistically though, Liverpool can offer him loads more next season than we can. Champions League, a chance to command a spot in a big team in an area where they're not too strong.

He's worryingly at a very good age to go too. The only positive news about this is that there seems to be a three-way bidding war going on at the moment. Man United and Spurs are also looking at him. Liverpool in pole position though.

Except minus any actual bids.

Respectfully, we don't know what has gone on in the last few days.

I reckon Les Reed should walk outside SMS every hour and shout "no new bids" like a town cryer, because we're all operating on outdated information.

One thing I find a bit worrying is the captain saying "we'll talk about it in the summer".

Barry lives here.

It's almost impossible to keep a player when a genuine huge club who are in the champions league and challenging for serious trophies, really want one of your players

MLT was a one off IMO, even he very nearly left. Lallana has been here for a long time, both the club and him has served each other well, could understand why he would leave

I reckon Les Reed should walk outside SMS every hour and shout "no new bids" like a town cryer, because we're all operating on outdated information.

One thing I find a bit worrying is the captain saying "we'll talk about it in the summer".

Oh come on now, you're trying to say it was all fictional prior to Les Reeds announcement but now in the last two days some actual bids have been made? I don't find it worrying anymore then all of the other players saying it, clearly they don't want to commit their future until they know we're going to carry on progressing, the same with Pochettino. It's just irritating how patronising all of the reports about our club are.

It's almost impossible to keep a player when a genuine huge club who are in the champions league and challenging for serious trophies, really want one of your players

MLT was a one off IMO, even he very nearly left. Lallana has been here for a long time, both the club and him has served each other well, could understand why he would leave

He has got two possible paths really; stay and build or leave for more immediate opportunities. I think we both agree that it is a tremendous opportunity for him, but it would be a body-blow to me if he goes. If the captain doesn't fancy staying on the ship, what's wrong with the ship? :)

I'm only really half-joking when I say that too. If he goes, it probably means he doesn't think we're going to get near Europe for a bit.

Like every Saints fan, don't want Ads to leave. Realistically though, Liverpool can offer him loads more next season than we can. Champions League, a chance to command a spot in a big team in an area where they're not too strong.

He's worryingly at a very good age to go too. The only positive news about this is that there seems to be a three-way bidding war going on at the moment. Man United and Spurs are also looking at him. Liverpool in pole position though.

Surely we are in pole position at the moment as he is under contract to us?

It makes me laugh that two days ago he "had signed for Manchester United-definately" and now it's Liverpool. It shows the journos are guessing as much as us...

Oh and yesterday "MoPo is going to Tottenham definate" but today they have approached Ajax...

It's all speculation which is great when it's us lookign at players but when it's ours it's unsettling,

I have faith that the club and MoPo and Adam will do whats best for all...if that's to leave it means we couldn't match their ambition and so be it. However I will not worry about this speculation with is obvious is currently guess work and I will listen to what the club say as that is fact.

Anyway why go to Liverpool? they will struggle to be in the top 4 again next season whatever happens this season

Surely we are in pole position at the moment as he is under contract to us?

It makes me laugh that two days ago he "had signed for Manchester United-definately" and now it's Liverpool. It shows the journos are guessing as much as us...

Oh and yesterday "MoPo is going to Tottenham definate" but today they have approached Ajax...

It's all speculation which is great when it's us lookign at players but when it's ours it's unsettling,

I have faith that the club and MoPo and Adam will do whats best for all...if that's to leave it means we couldn't match their ambition and so be it. However I will not worry about this speculation with is obvious is currently guess work and I will listen to what the club say as that is fact.

Anyway why go to Liverpool? they will struggle to be in the top 4 again next season whatever happens this season

For CL football

Gigantic club

World class players

Great manager

Part of a new journey

Be part of a revolution

Serious chance to win major honours

Ridiculous wages

Greater profile

Oh come on now, you're trying to say it was all fictional prior to Les Reeds announcement but now in the last two days some actual bids have been made? I don't find it worrying anymore then all of the other players saying it, clearly they don't want to commit their future until they know we're going to carry on progressing, the same with Pochettino. It's just irritating how patronising all of the reports about our club are.

Oh aye, my point is just that we're not going to get a constant drip-feed of information.

I don't know the ins and outs of the transfer business, but I'd imagine informal conversations would take place ahead of any formal bid. I also really hope you're right, it's all media speculation and bóllocks, and that AL will stridently affirm his position as leader of Southampton FC for the next campaign.

I share your view that the media often completely misses the mark over the specifics of deals or non-deals, but over the longer term, aren't they generally right? Barring MLT, all of our best players up until this current crop have done the offs to ostensibly greener grass. I personally think that many of them go far too young, and that a big part of why Ads is so good is because of his comfort with our setup. He's grown up here and has seen investment and continuity from 2009.

Oh aye, my point is just that we're not going to get a constant drip-feed of information.

I don't know the ins and outs of the transfer business, but I'd imagine informal conversations would take place ahead of any formal bid. I also really hope you're right, it's all media speculation and bóllocks, and that AL will stridently affirm his position as leader of Southampton FC for the next campaign.

I share your view that the media often completely misses the mark over the specifics of deals or non-deals, but over the longer term, aren't they generally right? Barring MLT, all of our best players up until this current crop have done the offs to ostensibly greener grass. I personally think that many of them go far too young, and that a big part of why Ads is so good is because of his comfort with our setup. He's grown up here and has seen investment and continuity from 2009.

I grew up in Southampton like you, I left when I was 24, are you saying he will stay because of his age and what he is used to?

I've heard that he actually signed for Liverpool in January for £3.4m, and he's actually been on loan to us since. However he's had such a good second half of the season that United have since had a £25.5m offer accepted by Liverpool.

He's also actually going to end up in the Spanish squad for the World Cup after Hodgson accepted a £18.8m bid. Can't reveal my sources, sorry

I share your view that the media often completely misses the mark over the specifics of deals or non-deals, but over the longer term, aren't they generally right? Barring MLT, all of our best players up until this current crop have done the offs to ostensibly greener grass.

Well yeah but when else have we been in the Premiership and owned by billionaires? We've sold one decent player, when we were in League one, which was a 17 year old who hasn't amounted to much for the same amount of money as City sold Balotelli and double what they got for Tevez. I mean its not like Shaw and Lallana have popped up over night, surely if they wanted to leave the January window would've been ideal, a move to a big club when our club was in "turmoil" to cement a WC place.

If we can get >£25M I'd take it tbf

Hes under a long contract like a lot of our top players ....so if we have have any balls we will make them stay ! My opinion is that they will all get improved wages and be happy to stay anyway..... bring in 5 decent players and next season we will be a major force

I grew up in Southampton like you, I left when I was 24, are you saying he will stay because of his age and what he is used to?

No, I'm saying a big part of the player he is comes down to the environment the club has provided, and the fact that he wasn't warming the bench in a mega-stadium somewhere.

His journey as a footballer is quite remarkable. Relegated from the Championship, two promotions, now an established Premier League star with the beginnings of an international career. If there was something that'd keep him here, I'd like to think it's the odyssey he's had so far, along with a belief that he can achieve his ambitions at the club.

For CL football

Gigantic club

World class players

Great manager

Part of a new journey

Be part of a revolution

Serious chance to win major honours

Ridiculous wages

Greater profile

I would argue with a few of those if you say Liverpool? They have had a great run this year but it is unlikely they will do 13 games on the bounce again next year.

They have 1 world class player who will also be offered the chance of advancing to a team that really has a chance of winning the CL not just making up the numbers as Liverpool will next year

Their other quality player is not getting any younger and their manager has just been shown up by the master.

No doubt Liverpool are a step (or two) up from us but IMO they will not be much stronger than Man U next year-who will obviously be better than this year and not have to worry about the CL. City and Chelsea will never be any weaker than this year and arsenal will be there or there abouts. Liverpool will compete but those Liverpool fans who think the tide has turned and they will dominate for the next 20 years IMO are deluded-

My point is if he goes Liverpool are not the only or best option IMO it's not the 80's where everyone wants to play for them anymore.

How are their big signings from last summer doing now anyway?

If he stays i will be delighted. If he goes, then i hope it is to Liverpool. He would have gone because of an offer and a situation too good to refuse. Whatever happens, he has earned the right to get whatever he wants and will always be a Saints hero to me.

If we can get >£25M I'd take it tbf

This attitude makes no sense whatsoever. Show me where/how we can find and attract a creative mid fielder of his or better quality for 25 mil? Otherwise no matter how much we get for him we are inevitably a weaker side.... And you think that is OK?

"No, I'm saying a big part of the player he is comes down to the environment the club has provided, and the fact that he wasn't warming the bench in a mega-stadium somewhere.

His journey as a footballer is quite remarkable. Relegated from the Championship, two promotions, now an established Premier League star with the beginnings of an international career. If there was something that'd keep him here, I'd like to think it's the odyssey he's had so far, along with a belief that he can achieve his ambitions at the club."

Like this. I hope his journey at Southampton and he's happy will keep Ad's with us.

As of Saturday. Very happy, hoping to go to Brazil, not counting on it, waiting until walking off pitch fit after last game. MP needs to be supported by enough to bring in significant players. Not about money, if squad improved, the players would be very happy. Reading between the lines if MP stays nobody would go.

A problem could be if the people who need to do this vacillate and can't make their minds up about targets and we struggle to strengthen. Osvaldo needs to be moved on sooner rather than later.

With their record I would have thought MP wouldn't touch Spurs with a barge pole.

Edited by derry

We should copy the vatican. Black smoke for no bid, white smoke for a bid

So, Les Read and MP are very happy with the way things are. They meet every day and are planning for next season and beyond (one would have to assume that includes transfer targets). All our players are effectively saying that if MP stays, they stay. A source we know is close to AL says he's happy. Shaw says he's happy. MS says he's happy. SRL says he's happy.

Where, exactly, is the crisis?

Why are some people so keen to see our talent sold off that they're happy to give credence to every piece of sports journo tittle tattle?

And, ultimately, so what if we do sell a player or two? Does the world stop??

Perhaps he's happy? New wife, new baby, lived in the area most of his life, family/friend ties, loves the club, on more then enough money for life. Perhaps he is one of those rare breeds that values happiness over trophies. Perhaps I'm just hopeful.

Not at all. You've just been paying attention. This squad has grown together and wants to stay together. One thing better than taking the easy route to the top is taking the unexpected route to the top. With saints.

If he left he knows he would always be looking over at us with envy as we attract more and more plaudits.

Good luck to him, stayed with us through the League 1 days and owes us nothing. I expect us to make sure we get a good deal if he does go, and all the best for the future. I appreciate the two things may be connected, but I'm more worried about Poch going.

Shame for Saints but I think that you ( pap ) are correct and I also think that the alleged words from AL about waiting

for the end of the season are just to stop any aggro some might aim at him. Have to say IF I was him I would also move.

As of Saturday. Very happy, hoping to go to Brazil, not counting on it, waiting until walking off pitch fit after last game. MP needs to be supported by enough to bring in significant players. Not about money, if squad improved, the players would be very happy. Reading between the lines if MP stays nobody would go.

A problem could be if the people who need to do this vacillate and can't make their minds up about targets and we struggle to strengthen. Osvaldo needs to be moved on sooner rather than later.

With their record I would have thought MP wouldn't touch Spurs with a barge pole.

Speculation or itk fact?

I'm not to worried if Shaw goes but if Lallana were to go it would leave a f*cking big hole in our side. It's the sort of loss that could easily turn a comfortably mid-table side into relegation strugglers.

If he were to go to Man U with Shaw in a double deal it would be interesting to see how much cash Bournemouth would get for their sell on clause. In theory we could sell Shaw for £39.5mill and give them Lallana for £500K, giving the Cherries just £125K.

If you do a #lallana on twitter it looks like he's all but gone. Times report he favours a move to Liverpool and they are not really a gossip paper. Really looks like he could be off in the summer.

Murdoch rag, its in their interest to generate bs to keep the Prem and sky at the forefront.

I'm not to worried if Shaw goes but if Lallana were to go it would leave a f*cking big hole in our side. It's the sort of loss that could easily turn a comfortably mid-table side into relegation strugglers.

If he were to go to Man U with Shaw in a double deal it would be interesting to see how much cash Bournemouth would get for their sell on clause. In theory we could sell Shaw for £39.5mill and give them Lallana for £500K, giving the Cherries just £125K.

One way of getting the OB to check our accounts for us, bit like selling your house for £10 to a relative..... illegal.

The way I see it, this is probably coming from an agent (his or just a middle man). Lallanas stock is as high as it might ever be, and he probably sees it as his job to ensure he gets the best possible deal for his client, to take advantage of his current status. Of course, if lallana does move the agent will also get an enormous pay day. By drumming up interest, whether Adam wants to leave or not, it allows him to approach saints for a better deal, with all parties knowing that another club will happily pay the extra wages. I doubt he earns as much as gaston or osvaldo, so you can't blame the agent for trying.

In terms of possible destinations, Liverpool are the most likely; there's only the champions league clubs plus united that are likely to tempt adam enough to consider a move, and I don't see room for him at Chelsea, City or arsenal. United have to prioritise their defence and holding midfielders, so unless they ship out some of kagawa, Fellaini, zaha, Valencia, young or nani I doubt they'll go for him either. Liverpools squad is thin and they have a champions league campaign ahead so can see why they'd be interested.

I personally think he will stay, and I certainly hope so. I think the rumours have come from somewhere, but also think its miles away from being a certain event.