Mass "Ignore the trolls" experiment.

Ohio Saint

Norway I am with you on the following "but I find it laughable that Steve Grant can post that grown ups can just ignore anything they don't like, after he banned some fairly innocuous posters for being "sarcastic" or "flippant". If we can just ignore it, how about you un-ban all of the banned accounts? No, I didn't think so.

As for the three folk , I dont mind Glasgow or trousers, occassionally I will have go back at the wee glaiswegian

but BS really does my head in as does a certain person in the alps

I always thought I was reasonablly minded and accepted most folks views and I know you and I have had the odd difference of opinion norway but you can get an infraction out of the blue , when the mods should send you a pm to clarify what you meant in a post and give you the right to appela but they dont.

My two comments were as far as I could see very innoncent and mundane as particular posters got under my skin once to often

the last infraction which nis still live was for alleged trolling and all I asked was whether poster x was in fact poster y

Ding you have been infracted

So hows the weather in Norway this evening Norway ? Its really good here in Orkney this evening

Regards

Mike

:lol: Is it really true that some keyboard warriors feel the need to "meet up" to prove their existence to people they don't know?!! Jesus, SG is right, some do take this far too seriously. Kind of reminds me of the "see you in the car park after school" where handbags were thrown and hair was pulled!!

I can confirm that yes.

If you pay via PayPal you have to login to PayPal and cancel your subscription from there. I cancelled my renewal a few weeks ago and my current subscription expires in September....so only a few more months until I get my life back ;)

The irony is if you were that annoyed you would cease posting now and that would be it, lets see if you post after September either as Trousers or some other hugely funny name.

Norway I am with you on the following "but I find it laughable that Steve Grant can post that grown ups can just ignore anything they don't like, after he banned some fairly innocuous posters for being "sarcastic" or "flippant". If we can just ignore it, how about you un-ban all of the banned accounts? No, I didn't think so.

As for the three folk , I dont mind Glasgow or trousers, occassionally I will have go back at the wee glaiswegian

but BS really does my head in as does a certain person in the alps

I always thought I was reasonablly minded and accepted most folks views and I know you and I have had the odd difference of opinion norway but you can get an infraction out of the blue , when the mods should send you a pm to clarify what you meant in a post and give you the right to appela but they dont.

My two comments were as far as I could see very innoncent and mundane as particular posters got under my skin once to often

the last infraction which nis still live was for alleged trolling and all I asked was whether poster x was in fact poster y

Ding you have been infracted

So hows the weather in Norway this evening Norway ? Its really good here in Orkney this evening

Regards

Mike

Lol, trousers is a troll!

Its obvious, when the supposed trolls posts, the happier ones do, they love a tussle with the negative ones do the North Koreans, live and let live I say, I wouldn't want any happier one banned as their sunshine cheers me up.

Allegro.jpg

North Koreans? WTF are you on about now? And you complain about other peoples' 'banter'.

I genuinely struggle to understand how (supposedly) grown adults find it so difficult to just gloss over what someone they don't like has written on an internet forum.

Because steve it's no longer a question of "glossing over" it's more you need to sieve through the posts, to find one that is genuine to debate Saints issues. Far too many are flooding the forum with drivel/trolling and attempting WUM. This was a fantastic forum once. It has very little to do with no liking a poster or an opinion. It's lots to do with disliking the attempt to run the forum into the ground and limit the decent posters from posting by putting them off by all the cr@p they need to read & be abused by

Because steve it's no longer a question of "glossing over" it's more you need to sieve through the posts, to find one that is genuine to debate Saints issues. Far too many are flooding the forum with drivel/trolling and attempting WUM. This was a fantastic forum once. It has very little to do with no liking a poster or an opinion. It's lots to do with disliking the attempt to run the forum into the ground and limit the decent posters from posting by putting them off by all the cr@p they need to read & be abused by

Wow, there is some serious paranoia in these parts.

The only thing about the mod activity that I find surprising is that this thread is not yet locked, or at least moved to another section of the site.

We have Mods? Wow. Administrator doesn't understand the issue, believes it to be a case of like or dislike and shouldn't be a problem because we are all "grown ups". Unfortunately Steve's post shows how pointless it is hoping that something will be done about these dullards and why this forum will continue to descend to the depths of two or three posters who are not Saints supporters and who are only here for a wind up. Forums are for discussion, for some light-hearted banter and also to exchange information about the subject between supporters of Saints, but there is no point in a discussion with someone who offers no point of view other than to take the contrary standpoint of everyone else (except the other trolls) simply to wind up, who is clearly not a Saints supporter and/or who offers no opinion at all, only posting interminable new questions designed purely to wind everyone up. This place would not be dull without these people, it could actually become an enjoyable experience, sadly the surgery required may be too late as we no longer have many of the posters who actually helped to make this forum interesting. No need to ban the trolls, but they could at least be limited to the Lounge or the non-Saints part of this Forum.

Very well put by the way IF steve is right why do we even need mods?

There seems to be this myth pervading, peddled by the "no wonder the good posters don't come on here any more and you can see why" brigade. Since the very early days of Saints Forever there have been those complaining that it wasn't like the good old days of Saintslist.

Time goes and m-boards change. And to be fair, there are a lot of posters who don't post on here and you can see why, but in many more ways than one. This place used to be genuinely good for talking Saints while p*ss taking and getting the p*ss taken out of you. There are plenty of the ilk of Colbury and Essruu who left precisely because this place became a fun vacuum and sucked the life out of any genuine "banter", hence the start up of the b-anter site. If we want to talk glory days then those S4E days were it, when you could have a laugh on the main board while talking Saints. This remains an excellent forum for Saints discussion, but banning the likes of Glasgow and Barry just because people are too sensitive to actually skip on past their bullsh*t and read the next post is just far too precious as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, there is some serious paranoia in these parts.

The only thing about the mod activity that I find surprising is that this thread is not yet locked, or at least moved to another section of the site.

Would only be paranonia if I was worried people referring to me etc , far from it I read and have seen the drop off in the forum from some great posters who just can't be bothered to read & sift through the utter tripe. we get more attempts at winding ppl up per day than we do decent posts a month

& it's rather funny you say that, your the first to moan ppl attack you.

There seems to be this myth pervading, peddled by the "no wonder the good posters don't come on here any more and you can see why" brigade. Since the very early days of Saints Forever there have been those complaining that it wasn't like the good old days of Saintslist.

Time goes and m-boards change. And to be fair, there are a lot of posters who don't post on here and you can see why, but in many more ways than one. This place used to be genuinely good for talking Saints while p*ss taking and getting the p*ss taken out of you. There are plenty of the ilk of Colbury and Essruu who left precisely because this place became a fun vacuum and sucked the life out of any genuine "banter", hence the start up of the b-anter site. If we want to talk glory days then those S4E days were it, when you could have a laugh on the main board while talking Saints. This remains an excellent forum for Saints discussion, but banning the likes of Glasgow and Barry just because people are too sensitive to actually skip on past their bullsh*t and read the next post is just far too precious as far as I'm concerned.

You have voiced exactly what I was trying to put down and post but struggled.

This forum lacks the fun element and characters its predecessors had and I feel thats why many have left and not because of so called trolls and wums.

I also look at the subject matter on here and it is dull to say the least and leaves me feeling less inclined to post.

If anything I would say this forum has become very bland and very PC.

Would only be paranonia if I was worried people referring to me etc , far from it I read and have seen the drop off in the forum from some great posters who just can't be bothered to read & sift through the utter tripe. we get more attempts at winding ppl up per day than we do decent posts a month

& it's rather funny you say that, your the first to moan ppl attack you.

Sorry that it was your post that provoked me into responding to this thread, it wasnt personal. Yours was simply the latest in a long line.

I am just bemused that some of you think that there is a small group of posters who, having unconventional opinions and a somewhat unconventional approach to discussing them, are deliberately setting out to ruin the site.

Sorry that it was your post that provoked me into responding to this thread, it wasnt personal. Yours was simply the latest in a long line.

I am just bemused that some of you think that there is a small group of posters who, having unconventional opinions and a somewhat unconventional approach to discussing them, are deliberately setting out to ruin the site.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:o:o:o:o:o:o

So your sudden support for posters ..

Who you suggest having unconventional opinions and a somewhat unconventional approach to discussing them......

Does NOT include my unconventional approach to posting my response to you and your merry band of trolls/WUM/Pompey ****s.

OR my unconventional approach to discussing your posts and the norty boyz you support.

I have no words for you and your strange band of brothers.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

I am moderating my own posts.:rolleyes:

It must be noticeable how I have taken over the fred.:mcinnes:

With a similar posting style to...:lol:

Glasgow Saint , Alpine , Barry Sanchez and the other dozen strange posters (similar style to themselves) that turn up to support themselves...spooky:rolleyes:

Could this thread be the biggest troll job of all time? Looks like Ohio Saint has hooked all the trolls who have all got their knickers in a twist lolling from self preservation mode, to outright attack mode and back again.

Ohio is a fecking genius!

The irony is if you were that annoyed you would cease posting now and that would be it, lets see if you post after September either as Trousers or some other hugely funny name.

Me? Annoyed? Nah, I find the trolling mildly erotic. Only having 3 posts a day will give me more time to enjoy the eroticism. Promise you'll never stop arousing me Bazza

"Dad! got a B on my last test!!"

"Pfft! It was only GCSE Geography, come back when you can pass a University Degree"

"But a B, are you not happy?"

"Nope, if yiu take all your grades from the last 17 tests, you average out at a D+, oh and 3 D- in the last 9 won't cut it I am afraid"

"You should have bought those books I told you about in the summer, got em read ahead of time, then you'd be all As by now"

"But I got one of the ones you said! Chemistry for dickheads"

"Ah but that was the 1st edition, it;s not a patch on the 3d edition, what you needed to do, if you wanted to avoid 3 D- in the last 9 and a D+ average over the last 17 is to..."

"But I couldn't afford the 3rd edition..."

"wow what a lack of foresight, you have to speculate to accumulate, very short sighted of you..."

"but 3 years ago I bought those books you said and they fell to bits, I did terrible"

"that wasn't me, was someone else who said that..."

"yes it was!"

"no that was a sarcastic joke, look, 3D- in the last 9, D+ average over the last 17 should your teacher be fired?"

"dad it's 4am in the morning, I need some rest"

"3D- in the last 9...17 D+ and 34Es lifetime..."

:lol::lol::lol:

Forums are for an exchange if opinion and I totally disagree with the person who thinks those with differing opinions should be banned. Football is about opinions, the more the merrier. Those without one are in my opinion better off talking to dictaphone and playing it back! Have some tollerance of others and enjoy what they have to say . Without some strong points of view this place is stale and pointless....

Sorry Billy, can't agree with you here.

Over-zealous modding would be as much of a problem as under-zealous modding currently is. Steve can win, he just has to strike a balance. Remove the obvious provocateurs, leave those who are expressing differing opinions.

The likes of Glasgow and Turkish do not add a bit of light and shade to proceedings; they drown out the entire forum. This place would only seem dull without them, as they have already been allowed to run rampant, and most of the more considered posters have jumped ship. After a while the community would grow again.

As for either 'stick up for yourself' or 'don't post' -many balanced and more considered posters who want to discuss the different aspects of the game have already made their decision and walked. Is that really the forum you want to see? Why should people have to stick up for themselves or grow a thick skin? Why should they not be allowed to just discuss the issues in hand, without the WUMs running amok?

How do you know? You claim you've had me on ignore for ages. So you're either lying about having me on ignore or making this up.

As a little FACT Ive only posted on 7 of the 40 threads currently on the first page of the main board, less than a quarter, so your 'drowning the forum' statement is a complete load of bullsh*t. Mor evidence of the mugs on here being hysterical tarts.

Edited by Turkish

The trouble with threads like this is it makes reminisce about the good old days when this forum was amazing and makes me miss the good posters that don't bother any more and you can see why.

For me, there is a simple solution, make the ignore work! what is the point of having wum's on ignore, if you can see them quoted in someone else's posts, if the ignore worked as it should, then this thread need not exist. I also got infracted for responding to a wum, so did not renew my membership.

Forums are for an exchange if opinion and I totally disagree with the person who thinks those with differing opinions should be banned. Football is about opinions, the more the merrier. Those without one are in my opinion better off talking to dictaphone and playing it back! Have some tollerance of others and enjoy what they have to say . Without some strong points of view this place is stale and pointless....

I'm all for that as long as your opinions are yours and not stolen/borrowed from someone else just for effect.

I've purposefully kept off this thread for a bit to see if my name turned up. As a sad bastard that spends far too much time posting here, and a good proportion of that duking it out with other posters, it'd be unsurprising if I caught the label.

Nowt about any of this is new, save the ratio of interesting-to-shít on the main board. We've always had posters that keep things ticking along. dune used to perform that role, Jamie did and still does to an extent. trousers does it without managing to upset too many people.

So what's the diff? Intent, I suppose. Like many others, I'm not convinced that everyone who says they support the Saints actually supports them. Skates don't represent it all, though. Some of the people mentioned so far are defo Saints fans, and for some reason want other Saints fans to feel bad about our chances, or at least the opportunity to whip out the D word (deluded, btw).

From a respect point-of-view, the GS and BS accounts are dead, imo. We've got to the point where backs are put up the moment either of them posts anything, leading to bickering on other threads and the creation of threads like this.

In the unlikely event that either of them are Saints fans, my advice to them would be to ditch those accounts and return as a new identity. Though I'm sure they'll have a couple of defenders, they're now about as popular as a nonce in the general prison population.

For anyone that's píssed off with 'em, just stop interacting with them. Don't reply. Don't react. Let the little tykes post themselves out in increasingly desperate "look at me" efforts. Sure, it's the ostrich way out, but putting your head in the sand is actually the right call on this occasion.

Says it all.

Voice of reason, pap.

Correct about Glasgow (who I actually find humourous) and Barry (who I think tries far too hard). They're so obvious, everyone knows the routine. Yet for every Barry comment there's usually 5 others calling him a c*nt and what not; I think some people just like to be seen and get a bit uppity about "their" forum. Then you have the likes of Trousers and Goatboy, the latter who seems to be making a forum career out of following Glasgow around. It's all very bizarre to whine about the trolls and then give them extra publicity with every single post. It's a bit sad when you need an online button to actually ignore someone.

Edited by The Kraken

Oh if only Granty's early statement on this thread was true.

Just imagine how amazing this forum would be where people would hold different Opinions and then debate them, putting a point or an opinion out there and discussing it.

Once upon a time that was what happened.

These days? There is no debate, there is no discussion. You can almost imagine some posters going all red in the face and stamping their feet because to them there must only ever be ONE opinion, theirs.

The forum has not been ruined by Trolls or Wum's. It has been ruined by the lack of one simple word, Respect.

Perhaps the Mods should put a new Infraction class in - failing to respect another poster's point of view. Then add to that Repetition.

It won't happen, which is why I don't bother with this place so much now either