I come as a young man asking for sincere advice...

Rasiak-9-

- Muslims blow up cars, kidnap school children, fly planes into buildings.

"You cannot judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a minority within that group!"

- Random nutjob who supports UKIP comes out with a load of racist guff.

"RAAAAGE!!! EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS UKIP IS AN RACIST EVIL BIGOT!!!"

I'm only, as I say, a young man, but how am I supposed to stay sane in a world of such blatant double-standards and hypocrisy?

"You cannot judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a minority within that group!"

I'm only, as I say, a young man, but how am I supposed to stay sane in a world of such blatant double-standards and hypocrisy?

I've no love for UKIP but it's obvious to everyone that the body politic is shi**ing itself about them & both left and right are engaged in a full on smear campaign.

every party has more than its fair share of racists, bigots, nonces, loonies....

why they are making out UKIP have the monopoly on this is quite weird. It seems the public can see right through the campaign against UKIP

left wing groups are desperate to not allow UKIP to have their say. which is surely against everything they should stand for

every party has more than its fair share of racists, bigots, nonces, loonies....

why they are making out UKIP have the monopoly on this is quite weird. It seems the public can see right through the campaign against UKIP

left wing groups are desperate to not allow UKIP to have their say. which is surely against everything they should stand for

Are you p*ssed? The right wing press are leading the assault on UKIP, the Telegraph in particular.

Are you p*ssed? The right wing press are leading the assault on UKIP, the Telegraph in particular.

im on about the UAF type groups and the like that turn up at every visit farage does. trying to stop him from speaking. some of these groups are funded by the labour party

not the press, which is far more obvious

the UAF and the like. which i quite clearly typed.

groupe like Hope not Hate and the ones sent in by Labour MPs like Roach

So the papers that fund and support the tories that have turn broadside en masse on UKIP aren't trying to stifle Farage, it's those pesky groups such as Hope not Hate whose newspapers millions buy everyday.

A young Iraqi man may see his country in ruins after western intervention and ask why western ways are held up as the best way for his country to go.

A young Iraqi man may see his country in ruins after western intervention and ask why western ways are held up as the best way for his country to go.

Of course Iraq was a Nirvana on Earth when Saddam was alive - attacking Iranians (iran/Iraq War), Kurds (ethnic cleansing), Kuwaitis (1st Gulf War) and his own people. The only thing stopping Iraq from getting better now is Iraqis.

Look on the bright side - UKIP aren't flying into buildings, blowing people up and poisoning the world with violent extremism

This has nothing to do with anything although incidentally I was well against the Iraq war.

I was hoping I could just point out a blatant double-standard and provoke a discussion about politics in our own country.

This has nothing to do with anything although incidentally I was well against the Iraq war.

I was hoping I could just point out a blatant double-standard and provoke a discussion about politics in our own country.

Your question was how do you stay sane with all this hypocrisy in the world. The answer is as with any suffering you are not the only one so stop blubbing.

Your question was how do you stay sane with all this hypocrisy in the world. The answer is as with any suffering you are not the only one so stop blubbing.

Taking this to its logical extension you're saying anyone suffering injustice should put up and shut up because someone, somewhere is somehow worse off; and furthermore that we should never, ever question our press or our politicians.

You are, by your own admission, a willing slave to the dictatorial political class that comprise your rulers and as such you have my deepest pity.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. UKIP will get a seat or two, and we'll still end up with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition that will do absolutely nothing constructive. Might switch back from grades of A/B/C from the new 1/2/3? I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

I really don't get all the ukip hype to be honest. They have one policy about immigration and that's what they're pinning their flag on. What are their policies on education, the economy, policing, the NHS etc. No one knows so I find it incredible that anyone in their right mind would even consider voting for them in anything but the European elections (if protest votes are their thing).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I really don't get all the ukip hype to be honest. They have one policy about immigration and that's what they're pinning their flag on. What are their policies on education, the economy, policing, the NHS etc. No one knows so I find it incredible that anyone in their right mind would even consider voting for them in anything but the European elections (if protest votes are their thing).

They will never ever be the party in power so why does it even matter what their other policies are?

It's really quite simple: Stop listening to soundbites or singular media articles. People are lazy, too many rely on the media to form their opinions for them. Do your own research, read/ask about UKIP (and Muslims) in a variety of different publications and places, not just your regular newspaper. Keep learning and keep an open mind and make sure that if someone asks you 'Why do you have that opinion?' about whatever subject it is, you can answer with more than just 'I read it in xxx' or 'I saw it on xxx'.

And finally - the hard bit IMO - always be prepared to change your mind as you learn more. Too many people are worried about being 'right' or 'wrong', when there is usually no such thing.

oh, I thought you said you were after advice?

My advice to you is to judge all people on merit and on their actions. If someone is a big racist and makes racist comments, think of them as an ignorant bellend. If someone kidnaps people think of them as a nasty bastard. If they kill in the name of religion, think of them as ignorant and nasty bellend bastards. If they worship a god in a peaceful way then let them be.

That's my advice and what I do. I don't find that too difficult, but then again im not mentally sub normal.

It's really quite simple: Stop listening to soundbites or singular media articles. People are lazy, too many rely on the media to form their opinions for them. Do your own research, read/ask about UKIP (and Muslims) in a variety of different publications and places, not just your regular newspaper. Keep learning and keep an open mind and make sure that if someone asks you 'Why do you have that opinion?' about whatever subject it is, you can answer with more than just 'I read it in xxx' or 'I saw it on xxx'.

And finally - the hard bit IMO - always be prepared to change your mind as you learn more. Too many people are worried about being 'right' or 'wrong', when there is usually no such thing.

Never a truer sentence written.

I don't think all religious people are terrorists. But I do think they're all naive and I don't respect them much.

I don't think all ukip voters are evil racists. But I do think they're all naive and I don't respect them much.

What a bizarre thing to say. You don't respect religious people or UKIP voters.

What if it turned out Rickie Lambert was religious or your dad voted UKIP?

Assuming you are a ‘native’ British young man, I’m afraid you are simply going to have to keep your thoughts, feelings and opinions to yourself in public. Whatever you say you will be shouted down, your opinions are invalid due to your traditionally perceived status in society. You have no voice, sorry.

Just vent your concerns anonymously online, or informally in local pubs.

Anyone with half a brain can picture how this is all going to end up (socially and economically!), just take care of yourself and your own, let the rest get on with it. Have a plan for the future. Laugh it off. Good luck.

Assuming you are a ‘native’ British young man, I’m afraid you are simply going to have to keep your thoughts, feelings and opinions to yourself in public. Whatever you say you will be shouted down, your opinions are invalid due to your traditionally perceived status in society. You have no voice, sorry.

Anyone with half a brain can picture how this is all going to end up (socially and economically!), just take care of yourself and your own, let the rest get on with it. Have a plan for the future. Laugh it off. Good luck.

Yeah cos everyone who votes ukip would never tell a soul.

Thank you kindly for the, sadly pessimistic advice.

I'm seriously considering emigration; especially looking at my fellow young men who seem to be having a much better time of it in Australia and Canada.

Oh and in case you were wondering? I wouldn't vote for UKIP and don't plan to, but I just can't help but wretch at the open hypocrisy and double-standards such as the one I've pointed out in my OP. I mean people literally come at you from all sides with ad-hominem attacks and character assassinations not even for expressing a pro-UKIP opinion, but simply for pointing these double-standards out. Its soul destroying.

I'm seriously considering emigration; especially looking at my fellow young men who seem to be having a much better time of it in Australia and Canada.

Oh and in case you were wondering? I wouldn't vote for UKIP and don't plan to, but I just can't help but wretch at the open hypocrisy and double-standards such as the one I've pointed out in my OP. I mean people literally come at you from all sides with ad-hominem attacks and character assassinations not even for expressing a pro-UKIP opinion, but simply for pointing these double-standards out. Its soul destroying.

I think you should be honest and true to yourself. If you really believe that there's too many Polish people here then vote ukip. Stop feeling guilty about your own opinions.

Have you seen the size of the spiders in Australia! I know they're there and that they hide under the toilet seat cos I read about them in a newspaper once.

By the way, I'm not sure I'd swop our politicians for the Aussies either.

My pleasure, sorry for being so pessimistic!

As I say, have a plan in place for the future, whether that is Australia, Canada, here or somewhere else. There is still plenty of opportunity for you in the UK as a young man, and there are still many really good parts of the country which are not being 'affected', positively or negatively, in any way at all by all the change we have grown up experiencing.

FWIW Ive given up voting, locally or nationally, Turkeys Xmas etc.

Laugh it off! Good luck.

Out of interest, could you please define a 'native' Brit for me so that I can check whether I'm one or not. Thanks.

And, what if I'm a non-native Brit? Can I also follow your advice? Or is there some other advice I should follow?

Out of interest, could you please define a 'native' Brit for me so that I can check whether I'm one or not. Thanks.

And, what if I'm a non-native Brit? Can I also follow your advice? Or is there some other advice I should follow?

My definition would be 'born, bread and raised' in the UK, by 'native' parents who again fit that criteria.

You can follow my advice, whatever it is. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, follow your heart, be kind to your soul.

My definition would be 'born, bread and raised' in the UK, by 'native' parents who again fit that criteria.

You can follow my advice, whatever it is. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, follow your heart, be kind to your soul.

I'm a little confused. What has bread got to do with anything? Presumably a sliced, WHITE loaf.

So how far back do we go? The problem with your definition is that it means that my parents parents had to be born, bred and raised in Britain, and their parents, and their parents, and so on and so on. At some point, surely someone was an immigrant, otherwise there is almost no one in the UK who fits your definition. So, for clarification, how far back do I go before someone is allowed to be an immigrant? Obviously not my grandparents, or my parents wouldn't fit the definition and then I wouldn't. What about my great-grandparents? Is that okay, or further back still?

I'm a little confused. What has bread got to do with anything? Presumably a sliced, WHITE loaf.

So how far back do we go? The problem with your definition is that it means that my parents parents had to be born, bred and raised in Britain, and their parents, and their parents, and so on and so on. At some point, surely someone was an immigrant, otherwise there is almost no one in the UK who fits your definition. So, for clarification, how far back do I go before someone is allowed to be an immigrant? Obviously not my grandparents, or my parents wouldn't fit the definition and then I wouldn't. What about my great-grandparents? Is that okay, or further back still?

*Bred* sorry about the typo, took me a couple of checks to work out why you were referencing loafs of sliced bread before realising my mistake. I meant to type 'born, bred and raised', however I accidently typed 'born, bread and raised'.

Im not sure how far back we go really, it wasnt particularly thought out, just a rough explanation as you requested it. Parents/grandparents IMO, though this is now going beyond the OP and his request for sincere advice.

Of course Iraq was a Nirvana on Earth when Saddam was alive - attacking Iranians (iran/Iraq War), Kurds (ethnic cleansing), Kuwaitis (1st Gulf War) and his own people. The only thing stopping Iraq from getting better now is Iraqis.

It was much better than it is today, the country has taken huge backwards leaps.

Exactly this, brilliant post.

*Bred* sorry about the typo, took me a couple of checks to work out why you were referencing loafs of sliced bread before realising my mistake. I meant to type 'born, bred and raised', however I accidently typed 'born, bread and raised'.

Im not sure how far back we go really, it wasnt particularly thought out, just a rough explanation as you requested it. Parents/grandparents IMO, though this is now going beyond the OP and his request for sincere advice.

Agreed it is going beyond the OP request, but as you raised it, I thought I'd pursue it a bit - just so I'm clear. This would, of course, mean that the likes of two of Nigel Farage's kids don't count as their mother was born in Germany. Neither of the Miliband brothers count as their parents were Belgian and Polish. For that matter, Michael Portillo (son of a Spaniard) doesn't get included. Neither does our own Jay Rodriguez (father is Spanish).

So, presumably, your advice doesn't apply to any of these people or, indeed, people like them. Is that correct?

Agreed it is going beyond the OP request, but as you raised it, I thought I'd pursue it a bit - just so I'm clear. This would, of course, mean that the likes of two of Nigel Farage's kids don't count as their mother was born in Germany. Neither of the Miliband brothers count as their parents were Belgian and Polish. For that matter, Michael Portillo (son of a Spaniard) doesn't get included. Neither does our own Jay Rodriguez (father is Spanish).

So, presumably, your advice doesn't apply to any of these people or, indeed, people like them. Is that correct?

As I said it wasnt particularly thought through, although I did sugegst 'parents/grandparents IMO', you have applied my interpretation to the former for your (very topical)examples! People often talk very proudly about how many generations they desend from, its nothing to be ashamed of.

In Germany or France for example, you will find families who will proudly boast how many generations a family has been native to a town or region. Similar to a family established business in a local area, a proud military history familiy, all sorts really.

Not that I will be voting, but ukip in their manifesto are saying they will prioritise local people for local housing, as it is only fair that native folk that have been in a town or region for many generations should be put first. I absolutely agree with that, though im sure I dont need to spell that out.

Back to the OP, this young man is asking for sincere advice as to how he should best interperet and respond to situations he perceives to be hypocritical and ultimately unfair, Ive tried to provide my take on things as a fellow young man. How about we get back on topic and help the poor soul find his peace with the world.