Basingstoke oh dear!

Barry Sanchez

Loving the list of "attractions" they must of been getting desperate.

It would have been better if the fellow laughed about it but saying its amazing and a central hub for airports (which will take you away from the amazing place) is amusing, its more famous than its ever been.

I work in Basingstoke and I'd noticed that on the maps. I thought it was just my phone though. I can understand why you might want to exclude it from your maps though as there's really no reason to go there unless you work or live there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The guy who gave the quote must be being sarcastic... Farnborough airport?!

I thought that as well...grew up a couple of miles from Basingstoke and I can't help but feel that the guy knew what he was doing when he took Basingstoke off the map!

I thought that as well...grew up a couple of miles from Basingstoke and I can't help but feel that the guy knew what he was doing when he took Basingstoke off the map!

I grew up in Basingstoke, and know there is definitely a lot tongue in cheek bigging it up - but always in a jokey way. Including Heathrow and Farnborough airport in the same sentence sounds like exactly the kind of joke thing someone from Basingstoke would say!

I grew up in Basingstoke, and know there is definitely a lot tongue in cheek bigging it up - but always in a jokey way. Including Heathrow and Farnborough airport in the same sentence sounds like exactly the kind of joke thing someone from Basingstoke would say!

If he's going to mention Farnborough Airport as an attraction for Basingstoke, i'm surprised he didn't also mention the glorious bus station round the back of Festival Place (now with 7 berths!) and the wide range of dirt weed you can buy from the kids in Eastrop.

If he's going to mention Farnborough Airport as an attraction for Basingstoke, i'm surprised he didn't also mention the glorious bus station round the back of Festival Place (now with 7 berths!) and the wide range of dirt weed you can buy from the kids in Eastrop.

Fair point. I'd forgotten the tourist attractions.

Hey that weed from Eastdrop is relatively decent dont diss... hah

But realistically i grew up in Fleet, but went to college in Bstoke, Farnborough Airport is entirely useless. All they seem to do is destroy the woods around Fleet. Spoiling the badass cycling that is available around Fleet.

Mind you... Fleet is s**t too...

No, but your opinions would be better served without a pointless signature at the end.

Your call.

Not sure how my opinions would be better served if the signature wasn't there but hey ho, each to their own.

Not sure how my opinions would be better served if the signature wasn't there but hey ho, each to their own.

Dunno if you know this, but when viewed on a web browser, your signature is the same size (font-wise) as everything else you post. Sticks out like a sore thumb on your posts, mate.

Sent from (no one cares) using (no one cares)

yes it sounds a bit boring I know, but as someone who has a yearning for history, anywhere that was mentioned in the Domesday Book,

.......or was once the capital of England (Winchester - of course), deserves to be preserved in its own little " time-warp " .....for a few cebturies more, at least....

...... and I hope they can be preserved from the inevitable conversion into a " concrete ghetto" .

Well as you've asked so nicely I might think about removing it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good man. Don't think you've been singled out either.

Many have had the tapa "talk" :)

Hey that weed from Eastdrop is relatively decent dont diss... hah

But realistically i grew up in Fleet, but went to college in Bstoke, Farnborough Airport is entirely useless. All they seem to do is destroy the woods around Fleet. Spoiling the badass cycling that is available around Fleet.

Mind you... Fleet is s**t too...

I'm a Hartley boy myself, we're a superior breed y'know ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Pfft! You haven't even got a train station that gets you to Farnborough. All about Hook. Better pubs in Hartley though.

Winchfield is in walking distance, which is one stop closer to Farnborough than Hook is! Stuff that up yer ar5es ;)