Artur Boruc

niemi14

Krul could possibly be pried away from the sinking ship that is Newcastle, although I would expect him to go to a bigger club that us; similarly, Hugo Lloris. I'm perfectly happy with Boruc as a first choice keeper, but the backup is woeful, and given our mantra of buying first team replacements rather than bench warmers, I'd like to see us splash some cash.

Stekelenburg, Stockdale or Marshall would be excellent cover and competition for AB.

Tricky innit? What would they cost, and would they come to slug it out with AB for the No 1 spot? I think we'll keep AB as first choice and spend no more than £3-£5m on a back up. And that's assuming MP doesn't think that with another 12 months experience Gazza, or perhaps Cropper are not adequate cover.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go in to next year with those three.

Would still consider making a move for Marshall with Cardiff down and needing to plan ahead

I would prefer Stekelenburg, or Ruddy, or Forster, but wouldn't complain if we did bring Marshall in.