Guly pretty much confirms he is leaving Saints this summer

Saint-Armstrong

Saints players having a get together tonight it seems, and from Guly's comment it confirms what a lot of us expected - he's going to be leaving.

He's always talked about finishing in Brazil, if I remember correctly, but anyone who sees his Instagram will know he has a lot of love for Saints.

Just wanted to say that I hope he gets a decent run-out against United and a bit of appreciation on the lap of honour.

He's divided opinion and sparked countless rows on here, but he's another one who has been part of the rise and for that I thank him.

Oh and our squad seem like a great bunch. Cheers Guly.

Bm0kbbTIQAAMign.jpg

Bm0YSmbIIAA4gL2.jpg

Saints players having a get together tonight it seems, and from Guly's comment it confirms what a lot of us expected - he's going to be leaving.

He's always talked about finishing in Brazil, if I remember correctly, but anyone who sees his Instagram will know he has a lot of love for Saints.

Just wanted to say that I hope he gets a decent run-out against United and a bit of appreciation on the lap of honour.

He's divided opinion and sparked countless rows on here, but he's another one who has been part of the rise and for that I thank him.

Oh and our squad seem like a great bunch. Cheers Guly.

Bm0kbbTIQAAMign.jpg

Bm0YSmbIIAA4gL2.jpg

Hooiveld looks like he is wearing a mask of himself.

Thought we might have held onto him, versatile, popular member of the squad, can provide a layer of back-up, guess he's been over-taken by the likes of Reed and Ward-Prowse, plus we will be bringing in a couple of players in the summer.

Thought we might have held onto him, versatile, popular member of the squad, can provide a layer of back-up, guess he's been over-taken by the likes of Reed and Ward-Prowse, plus we will be bringing in a couple of players in the summer.

Yeah I thought the same, I would have offered a one year contract.

I genuinely believe that his goal against Bristol Rovers is one of the most important (in hindsight) in Saints recent history. Good servant for the club.

From the quote above though, it sounds as though Fonte's off?! (I doubt it though).

I will be sad to see him go. A good servant and clearly a very popular guy around the training ground.

A real shame that so many fans treated him as a joke. I hate hearing the ironic cheers whenever he makes a pass.

From the quote above though, it sounds as though Fonte's off?! (I doubt it though).

Eh? Guly wrote the comment about missing people

I genuinely believe that his goal against Bristol Rovers is one of the most important (in hindsight) in Saints recent history. Good servant for the club.

That will be my best memory of him.

Was that his last goal for us?

Nah, this was a few years ago when Blackpool were in the Prem. Beat them 2-0 at St Mary's and he curled it in from outside the box, top bin. His last goal was against Yeovil...and it was a pen.

Nah, this was a few years ago when Blackpool were in the Prem. Beat them 2-0 at St Mary's and he curled it in from outside the box, top bin. His last goal was against Yeovil...and it was a pen.

Ahh yes i forgot the Yeovil pen, nice touch from the players.

I do recall the goal against Pool, was an absolute beauty

That will be my best memory of him.

Yeah know what you mean. Remember sitting in the Chapel with my brother who just said to me we could play another 2 hours and no one will score.... looked up... hold on..... Guly....... get in . Magic!

You know those are moments in football you remember and treasure !!

Well I do anyway!

He was useless, even when he was alright. Div 1 player proved by the fact that was the last time he scored, Dagenham wasn't it?

nice guy though.

We wouldn't have got promoted to the prem without his goals in the Championship, better than league 1, clearly

Right decision to let him go as he doesn't contribute at this level but overall has done ok and had some decent moments including some vital goals.

IMO similar to someone like Chaplow on the overall impact level in his SFC career.

Will be interesting to see where he moves to.

Always a bit of a goofy one as he had a long, leggy, languid stride which often tends to give more of an impression of laziness than is fair compared to those short, stocky, bustling Tevez-type players.

That, coupled with the fact that he had the arrogance to choose to be born in a nation of talented, footballing maestros like Brazil meant that he was realistically always going to be a target for stick when he didn't live up to an impossibly high standard your average dumb English fan was bound to set for him.

Shame that no-one really was able to just simply see him for what he was, which was an average, but reasonably decent player in the lower leagues and one who actually boxed above his weight rather well in the handful of Premiership games he was called upon.

Nevertheless, he made a telling contribution at times, in particular in the first half of our season in the Championship where we amassed a great many of the points that sealed our promotion, so no reason not to give him a good round of applause and a token stoppage-time substitute appearance.

Best of luck for the future Guly x.

Shame the video doesn't include his goal against Blackpool in the cup a few years ago, that was a cracker.

Someone who didn't want to be seen in the photo, clearly. Daniel Levy?

My favourite Guly goal was against Blackpool in the cup (was a good day all-round that one)

Edited by doddisalegend

I have always backed Guly as I thought he played pretty well up front in League 1 as a target man (a position that wasn't his favoured role) and he continued that in that Championship when asked. He did pretty well at right midfield as well, giving us a cutting edge going forward but with enough work rate going the other way. Some fans really turned on him after a very bad performance (by the side as a whole) away at Donny Rovers, but he certainly wasn't totally to blame, but a group of fans vented their anger on him and that dislike seemed to grow from there for some reason.

Quite clearly the fans getting on his back effected him, but he did miss one or two chances he should have taken. However, the lack of goals in more recent seasons was such an unfair stat thrown at him considering by and large he played in central midfield. He actually did a decent job in that role, a position he clearly favoured. Coming in for the odd game here and there is very difficult, but he did well. Stoke away sticks in my mind.

I wish the fella all the best. I like how many fans took to him and sang his name to try and overcome the boo boys. Having sung his praises, what will stick with me most is that first touch at Bristol Rovers. Hillarious.

Great video great memories great player, good luck Guly

Raymundo Guillame Do Prado (in case we can't recall his complete name) ....but at 32 - even another year would be stretching his luck. Will miss him though.

79 apps. + 38 subs. = 23 goals. Not bad for someone who never really played as an out-and-out striker, but the video shows that many of those goals showed some real class.

Ging Gan got a lot of stick for a couple of errors but was a solid and important team member in his time here. Based on the above comments it does appear that he is remembered fondly by most so I'm not sure where the hatred for him comes from?

All the best Guly, I have enjoyed immensely watching you play.

My favourite Guly goal was against Blackpool in the cup (was a good day all-round that one)

That was the first game I took my son to. Consequently for ages he would tell everyone that Guly was our best player and he still loves him now.

As said above I hope he gets a decent run out next weekend and some farewell chants during the lap of appreciation. He has never deserved the abuse he's got from the small minded sheep brigade.

Under rated and under valued by some but most Saints fans recognise the important role that Guly had in our climb up the leagues.

Apart from his goals linked above (thanks for that) you only need to watch the end of season round up vids on youtube to see how involved he was in many of our other goals.

Not the greatest Brazilian ever to put on a pair of boots but has done a job for us. A true Saint.

As for the boo boys. Hang your heads. Never, ever, boo your own players. Morons.

Best luck for the future to him and I hope he gets a massive send off on Sunday. :toppa: