Guly pretty much confirms he is leaving Saints this summer

Saint-Armstrong

His level was League One...... he looked ok at the start of the Championship season but in the way a lot of promoted teams play better early on when they just go up they soon level out, and as a player thats what happened with Guly. The Premier League was definitely a bridge too far for him.

Players like him and Fox got stick because they were out of their depth. Had he been moved on after the Championship promotion season in the way Hammond was for instance he would have been remembered much more fondly by many more supporters.

He did a good job for us in our journey for sure, as has been mentioned the goal against Bristol Rovers ad one or two others were crucial.

Good luck to him.

Felt his treatment by some fans was shameful to be honest. Booing him when he came on, sarcastic applause when he was substituted, some games even heard groups of fans chanting for him to f*ck off. Was a good player for us in L1 and the championship and has others has said not pl standard but always put a shift in wherever asked and played in a number of positions, been dropped several times and never appeared to complain. Compare that to the way Puncheon treated the club and the way he was welcomed back by some fans and I really struggle to understands the mindset of some of our supporters. Good luck Guly not the greatest player to ever wear a saints shirt but a good guy who like others who have already gone did the job he was brought in to do very well and didn't deserve the treatment he got at times.

Remember seeing him against Tranmere in Div 1 when he was the best player on the pitch.

I watched our last game in Championship against Coventry the other day and saw how much he was involved.

He has ben a good servant to this club and I for one will give him a good yell next Sunday.

Felt his treatment by some fans was shameful to be honest. Booing him when he came on, sarcastic applause when he was substituted, some games even heard groups of fans chanting for him to f*ck off. Was a good player for us in L1 and the championship and has others has said not pl standard but always put a shift in wherever asked and played in a number of positions, been dropped several times and never appeared to complain. Compare that to the way Puncheon treated the club and the way he was welcomed back by some fans and I really struggle to understands the mindset of some of our supporters. Good luck Guly not the greatest player to ever wear a saints shirt but a good guy who like others who have already gone did the job he was brought in to do very well and didn't deserve the treatment he got at times.

Yep, totally agree with this.

Basically, Guly is Brazilian so lazy, whereas Jason is English and runs so is clearly better.

All the best to Guly, not a Prem player, but as said always put in a shift and seems a well liked guy by the squad. Would love him to bang one in against Utd next week.

I've watched that video a few times before and witnessed most of his goals first-hand, yet was still surprised to be reminded how many quality strikes Guly put away. Very composed in front of goal (at that level).

There's definitely some sadness in that - even as a fan of his, my memory has become clouded slightly by the boo-boys and how much of a joke he's treated as these days. A loyal player that's popular within the squad and who played a big part in digging us out of a hole. He deserves more than to be remembered as a clown.

The goal against Notts County, the header at the Ricoh arena to finally give me bragging rights over my neighbours, the curler against Blackpool, his header v Middlesbrough.

Will be sorry to see him go but grateful for the many good memories. Hope he finds a club quickly.

Always liked guly, good servant to the club, wish him luck where ever he ends up (unless it's Pompey in which case the cart horse can Fook right off)
Genuinely a hard call as to where he'd end up, been in England long enough to be settled here and could well do a job for a lower Championship side, even wonder if someone like Reading might take a punt on him.

Genuinely a hard call as to where he'd end up, been in England long enough to be settled here and could well do a job for a lower Championship side, even wonder if someone like Reading might take a punt on him.

From what I can gather Reading will be off loading quite a few players due to their finances being shot after the failed takeover so Guly for free to link up with Nigel again wouldn't seem a bad idea for them.

A good chap and scored some crucial goals in our rise from the depths. Very unfairly scapegoated by a vocal minority on here and in the ground. Difficult at times not to conclude that there wasn't a distinctly unpleasant racial undertone to some of it too. A lesser man would have walked away from the club but he stuck with us and has genuine affection both for, and from, his team mates and the decent supporters.

From what I can gather Reading will be off loading quite a few players due to their finances being shot after the failed takeover so Guly for free to link up with Nigel again wouldn't seem a bad idea for them.
I suspect the only way those 2will link up again is the job agency. I can't see Adkins keeping his job. I feel sorry for that but he has been found wanting

A good chap and scored some crucial goals in our rise from the depths. Very unfairly scapegoated by a vocal minority on here and in the ground. Difficult at times not to conclude that there wasn't a distinctly unpleasant racial undertone to some of it too. A lesser man would have walked away from the club but he stuck with us and has genuine affection both for, and from, his team mates and the decent supporters.
It's clearly nothing racial is it.

The only weird thing about Do Prado is the polar views of so many on him, he's either an absolute hero or absolute villain, when in all reality he is not really close to being either.

Edited by Sour Mash

Oh do shut up. You lot do more harm than good when it comes to racial equality, when you try and make racial issues, when they simply do not exist.

Saints players having a get together tonight it seems, and from Guly's comment it confirms what a lot of us expected - he's going to be leaving.

He's always talked about finishing in Brazil, if I remember correctly, but anyone who sees his Instagram will know he has a lot of love for Saints.

Just wanted to say that I hope he gets a decent run-out against United and a bit of appreciation on the lap of honour.

He's divided opinion and sparked countless rows on here, but he's another one who has been part of the rise and for that I thank him.

Oh and our squad seem like a great bunch. Cheers Guly.

Bm0kbbTIQAAMign.jpg

Bm0YSmbIIAA4gL2.jpg

I've heard today that the players were out last night and weren't making a secret of the fact that Lallana, Shaw and Morgan were all leaving in the summer. And Lambert was carried out of Parfait!

I've heard today that the players were out last night and weren't making a secret of the fact that Lallana, Shaw and Morgan were all leaving in the summer. And Lambert was carried out of Parfait!

If that's true, then it means the players have known of interest, discussed and potentially agreed terms with prospective clubs. Going by what the club have said, including Reed in that we've had no bids, no enquires, and no interest then we could have a very strong case to submit to the league re: tapping up.

Or it means that the club are spouting a load of waffle to get our money for season tickets, before selling everyone to the acclaim that it was ''too good to turn down'' and ''we will be stronger'', whilst we prepare for a relegation scrap.

time will tell.

So which player was saying that those three were definitely leaving? Which clubs are they moving to and for how much?

What someone says happened - Oh yeah I bumped into the Saints squad last night, Lambo and the lads were buying Shaw and Lallana a round of Sambuca gaschambers whilst Shaw and Lallana waved around their wallets shouting something about 80k a week. Shaw then got thrown out whilst shouting "dont care I'm leaving this sh#thole anyway".

Reality - Briefly saw one or two players out having a drink for Guly's leaving do

Didn't realise his goals per starts ratio was almost 1 in 3. I know most were in the lower divisions, but still a decent return.

Like a few others, Guly contributed to our rise up the divisions and I will be eternally grateful for that. And as another poster has already said he contributed to a pretty happy period to be a Saints fan. Always thought he put a shift in and will get my applause and thanks next week.

I suspect the only way those 2will link up again is the job agency. I can't see Adkins keeping his job. I feel sorry for that but he has been found wanting

Don't think so, Reading are pretty much penniless since that Russian bloke pulled out of buying the club properly, Nigel did a decent job considering and next year buy all accounts the squad is going to be made up of frees and academy players so I doubt they'll get a better manager in the circumstances.

guly10. "I will miss you guys"

Maybe Guly is staying but Lovren, Lallana, Shaw, Hooiveld, Fonte and Cork are off.

except it's kelvin and morgan rather than lallana and shaw. I can't see kelvin leaving.

also he's going to miss guly10. should he be on suicide watch?

Never understood the abuse Guly got either myself, unfortunately I believe it's probably racially motivated.

First Puncheon a few years back, then Guly and now Wanyama…

Unfortunately it seems Black Saints players have to prove themselves more to certain pockets of our fanbase than white players which a sad thing to say in 2014.

Never understood the abuse Guly got either myself, unfortunately I believe it's probably racially motivated.

First Puncheon a few years back, then Guly and now Wanyama…

Unfortunately it seems Black Saints players have to prove themselves more to certain pockets of our fanbase than white players which a sad thing to say in 2014.

Yet Clyne and Jaidi had no problem at all, and Puncheon acted like a complete and utter plank yet got adored on his return.

The whole racist accusation is lazy, unnecessary and complete garbage for all but a tiny smattering of neanderthals, IMO.

Without wishing to p*ss on someones parade, Lambo was out in Winchester last night.

Hope this helps !!!

Probably, but there's nothing to say that picture wasn't taken at another time, or that Rickie was in Winchester away from the other players for the entire evening.

Yet Clyne and Jaidi had no problem at all, and Puncheon acted like a complete and utter plank yet got adored on his return.

The whole racist accusation is lazy, unnecessary and complete garbage for all but a tiny smattering of neanderthals, IMO.

Exactly. Paul Telfer, Neil McCann and to some extent Matt Oakley and Anders Svensson were all boo boys for the idiots. It's not racism, just stupidity.

Never understood the sh*t Goolie received.

Unless of course it was racially-motivated...

Good Luck Goolie, thanks for your part in returning us to the big-time.

Jesus, really why would you say such an idiotic thing, I mean I know you are in Austria but people are allowed to not rate black or Asian players without being racists.

Can you really justify such a claim or is just the usual standard of trolling ?

What someone says happened - Oh yeah I bumped into the Saints squad last night, Lambo and the lads were buying Shaw and Lallana a round of Sambuca gaschambers whilst Shaw and Lallana waved around their wallets shouting something about 80k a week. Shaw then got thrown out whilst shouting "dont care I'm leaving this sh#thole anyway".

Reality - Briefly saw one or two players out having a drink for Guly's leaving do

what were you wearing last night?

Did they get the DJ to announce it or something?

I hope you got that off twitter, mate, because I wouldn't like to think it was just some bu****it rumour or something that you heard.

Good luck to him for the future. I always liked Guly & could never understand the abuse he'd get. He was important for us in L1 & the championship & did his bit in the Prem when called upon. He isn't a premiership player, but I don't think he's ever let us down.