Goal of the Season

nta786

Right, clues in the title, what is your favourite goal this season? Plenty to choose from!

Osvaldo vs Man C

Lallana vs Hull

Lallana vs Newcastle (H)

Jay Rod vs Fulham

Jay Rod vs Sunderland

Jay Rod vs Newcastle (A)

Ramirez vs Bristol (that volley wasn't bad)

Ramirez vs Everton

Clyne vs Burnley

Lambert vs Stoke

Lambert vs Crystal Palace

These are goals off the top of my head which would be in the running. but presumably top 3 would be-Osvaldo vs Man C, Lallana vs Hull and Jay Rod vs Newcastle...

Anyways- my goal of the season has to go to Lallana- individual goal, good calm finish. Quality.

Osvaldo, has to be.

Adam has shown signs of wonderful control and the Hull goal was the moment when everything came together. Bad defending at the end put the finish on a plate for him... not wishing to diminish it at all but the Hull defence had surrendered by then.

Osvaldo's goal was however a moment of sheer, staggering incredulity. He toyed with the defence of the best squad in the country and likely champions before making them look entirely ridiculous. The way he left Pantilimon helpless was a wonder.

Steven Davis against Man Utd at home, May 11th, 2014. 40 yard screamer, better than Shelvey's, better than Rooney's and sealed us the 3 points.

Seriously Osvaldo for me, showed his class. If only it had been more frequent....

Osvaldo, has to be.

Adam has shown signs of wonderful control and the Hull goal was the moment when everything came together. Bad defending at the end put the finish on a plate for him... not wishing to diminish it at all but the Hull defence had surrendered by then.

Osvaldo's goal was however a moment of sheer, staggering incredulity. He toyed with the defence of the best squad in the country and likely champions before making them look entirely ridiculous. The way he left Pantilimon helpless was a wonder.

This. Plus he left kompany on his arse. Almost worth his transfer fee for this goal alone. But not quite ...

Lallanas v hull was pretty special too, though.

Osvaldo's just edges it for me over Adam's (like Chewy said) because he humiliates Kompany.

Always thought it was a strange goal because it's the sort of goal that's scored when you're in crazy run of form, not struggling for goals like he was.

Credit where its due it has to be Osvaldo v Man City.

This is ahead of Lallana's v Hull largely due to the quality of opposition scored against.

When the ball went to Osvaldo, it reminded me a little of the moment MLT took the ball yards out v Newcastle in 1994, you just felt here was a player with the ability to do something special against the odds. On that occasion he lived up to his billing.

Perhaps he can collect his award for the wonder goal at the same time he receives his other accolade 'Knobhead of The Season'.

Osvaldo without a shadow of doubt. Besides the quality of the defenders, which others have mentioned, it was a hugely important goal in that game and our season. We were on a terrible run and that result gave us confidence that we could still swing it with the best. We played really well that day but I don't think we'd have found a goal if Dani hadn't come up with that. In hindsight it didn't make much of a difference for him but at the time it felt like the moment he arrived as a Saints player. There was a real feel-good factor after that goal.

Lallana is the obvious runner-up. After that my favourite is Rodriguez vs Sunderland, but I feel like there's a couple of team goals I won't recall until the end of season compilation.

It's a tough decision between Osvaldo's vs City or Lallana's vs Hull - but I think i'm going to have to go with Lallana's. One of the reasons is I wasn't actually at SMS for the Man City game, and i've only seen it back on TV! Another reason for me to pick Lallana is that it illustrates what an incredible season he's had with us - last year people weren't sure if he was cut out for this level and he struggled with injuries, but he's proven them wrong for sure not just with those few seconds of genius, but with his consistent and strong performances this season.

For Adz, i'm sure establishing himself in the England team, captaining the side he's been with since he was a nipper to their best ever Premier League finish and starting a family of his own is like an absolute dream. Who knows, it may even serve to keep him at the club into next season - although we'll have to pad our squad out with a few tea ladies and Ticket Office staff to make up the numbers ;)

Lallana vs. Hull for me. Better than Osvaldo's despite the incredible finish as I felt the build up was a bit scruffy.

On the contrary, the move started with a perfectly timed last ditch tackle in Saints' penalty area, through midfield to a stunning finish. Pity it had to be him but so it was. The goal of the season.

Jrods up at Newcastle was excellent, especially the speed and incisiveness of the break.

Also preferred Lambo's at Fulham to Jrod's in the same game. Great buildup (20+ passes) and one two between Clyne and Davis and a lovely calm finish.

1. Lallana vs Hull (was a proper "wow" moment from the Itchen North)

2. JRod vs Fulham away (again, a proper "wow" moment and decent celebration)

3. Osvaldo vs Man City (quality goal)

Best celebration? Away at Man Utd.

would agree except swap osvaldo and jay rods.

Like most of us, I'd like to say lallana, because I like him more, but if we're honest Osvaldo's goal was the best. Such a shame, at the time I think we really felt like he was about to prove himself to be a great signing.

lallana showed great skill, but the defending was horrific to non-existent. they pretty much stood off him and let him do it. Same with JRod's at Fulham, there was no challenge. With Osvaldo's goal, he did great to get onto the pass, then beat Kompany who was battling very hard to stop him and ended up on his arse, then three more defenders try to block him from shooting, but he still beats them all. Adam's is beautiful, but Osvaldo's is a far more impressive goal, bastard.

For me, JRod's goal at Fulham, not just for the goal, but the exceptional pass from Lambert. Osvaldo's goal was superb but he almost got the ball caught up between his feet (pedantic i know!). Lallana's against Hull was brilliant and I really liked JRod's against Cardiff (his second) for the build up play. It's good that there are a lot of cracking goals to choose from!