2013/14 Southampton Football Club Player Awards

pap

So I've watched the Lallana interview twice now. Once at the time and again after reading this thread. I'm not at all worried about him leaving anymore than I was. The interview doesn't suggest anything at all to me. I'm literally struggling to find anything about his answers or body language that worries me. He doesn't clear his throat at all, which has been suggested in here. He takes a pause at the start of his last answer which instead of us all thinking "OH **** HE DIDN'T IMMEDIATLEY SAY HE WANTS TO STAY" can easily be construed as "He wanted to gather his thoughts at answering a a question that requires a bit of reflection" especially as he then goes onto reflect and tell us all how much he'll always love the club and wants to keep progressing over the summer.

Absolutely laughable reaction. I urge you all to watch it again with a bit more of a positive outlook rather than going into it looking for the negatives and wanting to be the first to post the "well that's him off then" post on here as soon as he's finished.

Appreciate we are not Liverpool - but the point stands as teams richer, more successful etc would want Suarez, just as Liverpool may want Lallana.

If, for example, Liverpool offered £20m, even if AL saw it as a good move, I think the club would reject it & AL would happily play for us.

This is a good point. Lallana is under contract, and if the offer isn't good enough, we shouldn't sell. Adam doesn't come across as one of those players that would throw a big hissy fit because things haven't gone his way. Although it does bode the question of how long you can keep a player against his wishes. His contract runs out and we lose him for nothing.

Sadly, as our players are in the limelight so much these days because of how good they are, Kat/Ralph could name their price and they'd probably get it.

Without watching it over again I was left with the feeling that AL did speak a. It too fondly of Liverpool.

Your best performance. "Liverpool away, outstanding achievement to get a result there, their fans applauded us off".

What ground would you like to score at? "Anfield" (didn't say who for)

Shore there was another reference equally as gushing too. I just found his references towards Liverpool a bit too much like he's got them stuck in his head ATM.

Without watching it over again I was left with the feeling that AL did speak a. It too fondly of Liverpool.

Your best performance. "Liverpool away, outstanding achievement to get a result there, their fans applauded us off".

What ground would you like to score at? "Anfield" (didn't say who for)

Shore there was another reference equally as gushing too. I just found his references towards Liverpool a bit too much like he's got them stuck in his head ATM.

I only recall him saying Goodison Park as the ground he would most like to score at. He was an Everton fan growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worrying others read so much into his speeches although he is not comfortable on stage and struggles for any eloquence generally. He never sounds confident when being interviewed either so I didn't read the same as others but was distracted by something interesting on Twitter possibly,

Edited by whelk

Worrying others read so much into his speeches although he is not comfortable on stage and struggles for any eloquence generally. He never sounds confident when being interviewed either so I didn't read the same as others but was distracted by something interesting on Twitter possibly,

Just watched all his award interviews and couldn't agree more, he spent all his chats looking down a sign of being uncomfortable on stage.

Wants to progress and push on with the club this summer was the last takeaway I got from the player of the year award.

I would, I'd forever think of him as the horrible c#nt that started the ball rolling of players leaving for no real reason.

And yet you seem to want him to leave on other threads:

"...he seems to go missing for chunks of the season. He's never quite felt like an academy player to me either."

Had a decent chat with Ralf, he said that he is "batting calls away everyday" and that no player has expressed any desire to leave, they are determined to keep what we have etc. The same as what has been said before except Reed has denied any contact from clubs. He said he said that we should know about Poch in next couple of weeks.

The bit about MoPo is good. We will know one way or another just after the season finishes so at least we won't have the whole of the summer him being linked to jobs (if he signs a new deal, which I think he will)

From the very same newspaper that last week insisted he 'has his heart set on a move to Liverpool'.

I will not believe a single word printed in any newspaper between now and August. If Ads or anybody else starts next season in a Saints shirt or not, so be it. No point stressing about it IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how much cash Liverpool have to spend. Apart from a back up forward for Suarez it's clear they need to spend at the back as it's goals conceded that may end up costing them the title not goals scored. I know champions league will add to their kitty but will they have enough for Adam too, especially when they already have Sterling Sturridge and Coutinho playing those support roles?

I enjoyed watching that . Interesting how folk can read into Adams conversations that he us off . He was up there four times .

I'm sure Weston recent post should quell rumours being established tonight after the fourth watch

If it matters, I am aware where Weston got his information as I know the same person, who is as close to Adam as it gets, and he told me at the last home game that all the players are looking for is Poch to stay and all that will take is a guarantee that there is £40m in the kitty to but in this summer. He also said Poch doesn't want a larger salary, if Poch stays so will the players but if they let Poch go it will be a different story.

I enjoyed watching that . Interesting how folk can read into Adams conversations that he us off . He was up there four times .

I'm sure Weston recent post should quell rumours being established tonight after the fourth watch

If it matters, I am aware where Weston got his information as I know the same person, who is as close to Adam as it gets, and he told me at the last home game that all the players are looking for is Poch to stay and all that will take is a guarantee that there is £40m in the kitty to but in this summer. He also said Poch doesn't want a larger salary, if Poch stays so will the players but if they let Poch go it will be a different story.

So if this is the case, we will know exactly who to blame if it all falls apart over the summer.

Surely it's not a case of letting Poch go? He will be the one making the decision not Ralph or Les Reed. He is waiting till the end of the season for a reason and I can only think that reason is for another club to come in for him. All this wait for the transfer budget for next season must be known already, Reed has already said targets have been identified. If Pochettino wanted to stay this would have been put to bed by now.

Lallana's body language seemed no different to any other time I've seen him interviewed - in particular, after a match at SMS in the hospitality suite (probably 3+ years ago now). Just comes across as someone who doesn't really revel in those kinds of situations. Probably a little embarrassed to win so many of the awards! Not saying he's not leaving, but I don't think it's nailed on based on those interviews.

Surely it's not a case of letting Poch go? He will be the one making the decision not Ralph or Les Reed. He is waiting till the end of the season for a reason and I can only think that reason is for another club to come in for him. All this wait for the transfer budget for next season must be known already, Reed has already said targets have been identified. If Pochettino wanted to stay this would have been put to bed by now.

It has also been said by Reed that Mopo has been heavily involved in planning for the summer and beyond.

Having read the comments on here, it seemed like he is gone, but I just watched it and came away feeling fine. It didn't suggest a good bye at all IMO. I am not saying he won't leave, but I don't think there is body language or anything else in there that points to an impending departure. The fact remains, we are a mid table side and he and one or two others are better than that, so unless we pay more than they could get elsewhere why wouldn't they depart?

Exactly. I just watched the whole thing (bar the ****ing twitter updates) and then came here to see what the reaction was. Jesus ****ing christ, we have some head cases in here. They're not trolls, they're just off their heads. And as such, it's massively entertaining to see them work themselves up into a frothing lather over nothing.

He's been brought up on the stage for what, the fourth time? And this time asked what the club means to him. He thought back to his (thankfully) long history and incredible journey with us and got a little choked up. I honestly got none of what the body language experts are harping on about. And then he went back to laughing with his table.

It is literally hilarious to read the doom mongering pit this thread has quickly become. Unless you're all being sarcastic? Wow.

Well said west stand , st chalet .

Adam doesn't do the media well . And he also was embarrassed in getting four awards and probably felt some of his colleagues should have got an award .

Some one mention mp left early . Exactly what time did he actually leave ? What time did KL leave and the players leave or did they party the night away .

Was Arthur on soft drinks . Were the players drinking hooch are we a club that's returning to the ale house footballers era?

As commented on by one bill shankly .

Some folk need to get a live . It was an award ceremony it's not compulsory to be their all night and the club probably only had a drinks licence till about midnight .

Meanwhile back in the real world NHS Orkney are apparently going to start using paper sheets on beds and nurses have to wash their uniforms scandal is breaking news up here . The truth is the nurses already . Wash their own uniform unleSs they work in theatre or they are soiled by blood and faeces.

Which proves the media do not know fact from fiction

Ralph Kruger and KL will be ruthless I would imagine,just like Cortese it will be on there terms and nobody elses,we are a selling club and that is a fact and if anyone thinks different you need a reality check,if the right price comes along for one of our stars ten they are for sale,but you can bet we will get absolutely top whack for them nobody will be leaving on the cheap

Don't really like all this game playing being done. My best guess is that Pochettino and the players want assurances the club wants to continue to progress - basically, they don't want to be given a reason to want to leave from Saints (regardless of the lure of other clubs). I don't know if those assurances can be given from a financial perspective as I don't know if the Board want to sustain what they've got (that may be the only option given our wage bill?) or if we really do have the financial flexibility to push on further?

When the vman said that 2-3 players will leave I think he meant cork(no contract offered), fonte(no contract offered and four clubs in for him apparantly and Morgan who arsenal

Are very keen on. I think Adams position is he wants to see what poch does and whether we replace those 3 potentially.

When the vman said that 2-3 players will leave I think he meant cork(no contract offered), fonte(no contract offered and four clubs in for him apparantly and Morgan who arsenal

Are very keen on. I think Adams position is he wants to see what poch does and whether we replace those 3 potentially.

Cork and Fonte are under contract for another year.

Got it in 1

KL and Ralph were there til the end and KL seemed to be enjoying herself, saw a few fans chatting with her.

None of the players were drinking, seemed like Cork, Lallana, Jos, Shaw, Chambers stayed the longest. Lambert also had a constant queue of people going to speak to him and was a top guy.

To be honest all of them very approachable but some obviously more comfortable than others with the whole fan inferaction thing.

Poch left shortly after the Awards which finished quite late anyway, but he and the other coaches made a quick dash to the exit despite people clearly wanting to shake his hand or whatever. Im sure he was in at Staplewood for 7 though.

Oh and Krueger did mention the usual, that he has another year on his contract etc and seemed pretty confident with it all. Get the feeling from various chats last night that MP future is very key so rather than player rumours that is the one we should all be wanting to get sorted.

Until that happens then there will be a lot of uncertainty although when asked about the Spurs thing Krueger did say it was "media driven".

Edited by Saint Charlie

Replace the word Pochettino with the word Redknapp then see what peoples opinion is.If redknapp started being linked to other jobs, if he would stay for a 40mil transfer kitty, if he refused to discuss his QPR future , what would people think.

You're right, he's clearly waiting for a better offer and if none is forthcoming he'll stay. As far as I'm concerned he can **** off if he'd rather manage spurs. All this " the players love him" is getting on my tits. Most of them were here before him. Its not like he built the club up from nothing. Nigel and others built the foundations, he took it on from there, but he ain't irreplaceable. Plenty of managers and players have left to further their ambitions and royally screwed up their careers.Nigel was honoured to manage our club , this bloke seems to be using it as a stepping stone.

Replace the word Pochettino with the word Redknapp then see what peoples opinion is.If redknapp started being linked to other jobs, if he would stay for a 40mil transfer kitty, if he refused to discuss his QPR future , what would people think.

You're right, he's clearly waiting for a better offer and if none is forthcoming he'll stay. As far as I'm concerned he can **** off if he'd rather manage spurs. All this " the players love him" is getting on my tits. Most of them were here before him. Its not like he built the club up from nothing. Nigel and others built the foundations, he took it on from there, but he ain't irreplaceable. Plenty of managers and players have left to further their ambitions and royally screwed up their careers.Nigel was honoured to manage our club , this bloke seems to be using it as a stepping stone.

How about if you replace the word Redknapp with the word Pochettino again? Seeing as he is our manager and all?

Not sure about lallana being off - certainly not the immediate impression I got.

Most interesting award for me was the academy award to hesketh. Seeing as Gallagher made it into the first team I thought he'd be a shoe in. The way they made a big deal about it being an all round award for football and education, makes me think either gallaghers not great as an all round person (unlikely as I doubt he'd be near the first team if that's the case) or that they think extremely highly of hesketh. If so, would be nice to see a cameo on Sunday. Also, for sims to get nominated given his age indicates he's potentially another special talent.

Or how about just Guly, Sharp and Forte?

2+2 now appears to equal 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and countless other numbers you want to make up judging by all the posts on here.

All of this 'he is clearly' going to do this or that is just pure speculation. Quite why so many people feel the need to proclaim what will happen, when probably even all of those involved don't know yet, is beyond me.

My speculative guess as to what the situation is simply that most of the players will wait and see if Poch agrees a longer contract, and if the board support his vision with a transfer kitty then most will probably be happy to stay and be part of that. Depending on bids, one or two may leave, but they may not. But that is nothing more than speculation too, and I'm not going to spend ages defending that view or shouting others down just because they don't see it the same way.

Some of you seem incapable of dealing with the uncertainty, but you're gonna have to get used to it.

Good post, but most fans will gloss over anything while things look good on the pitch.

2+2 now appears to equal 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and countless other numbers you want to make up judging by all the posts on here.

All of this 'he is clearly' going to do this or that is just pure speculation. Quite why so many people feel the need to proclaim what will happen, when probably even all of those involved don't know yet, is beyond me.

My speculative guess as to what the situation is simply that most of the players will wait and see if Poch agrees a longer contract, and if the board support his vision with a transfer kitty then most will probably be happy to stay and be part of that. Depending on bids, one or two may leave, but they may not. But that is nothing more than speculation too, and I'm not going to spend ages defending that view or shouting others down just because they don't see it the same way.

Some of you seem incapable of dealing with the uncertainty, but you're gonna have to get used to it.

Wise words sir

KL and Ralph were there til the end and KL seemed to be enjoying herself, saw a few fans chatting with her.

I’m delighted to read that.

Perhaps based on nothing more than wishful thinking on my part, I’m hoping that this season will be remembered for, amongst other things, the time when KL fell in love with football, fell in love with Saints, and became comfortable in her role as owner of our club. In this turns out to be the case, then, surely, she will do whatever it takes to keep MP on board, and everything else we desperately hope for – players staying, couple of quality signings etc. – will follow in quick order.

Minty

re your theory

2+2 now appears to equal 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Im concerned you dont mention no 4 ( Which is morgan's shirt number)

what do you know that we dont know?

Only joking but there will be those who will jump to that conclusion

Regards

Mike

The club & MP have always said they'd get to the end of the season and then talk contracts so why are the drama queens throwing hissy fits now?

Chill, we have no control and if any of the big clubs come calling for our players and manager, offering glory and pots of gold, then only a few mentally challenged folk seem to think that we can or even should, compete with them.

I'd think Redknapp was taking the **** a bit, but only because he's failed this season and isn't in a great position to demand much from the board. Pochettino is doing what every good manager will this summer - Rodgers, Pulis, Martinez et all will all be talking to the powers that be looking for transfer money. Pulis has already started, and he's being far less subtle about it than Pochettino.

There are only a handful of clubs that aren't stepping stones if the big boys come calling. Doesn't mean Pochettino will leave now or in the forseeable, and certainly not for Spurs. The question is whether, in their current states, Southampton to Spurs is much of a step. Adkins would have left if he was offered the United job.

Edited by DuncanRG

Well, I prefer Adam Lallana to be a footballer than a public speaker.

Watching it though, it's obvious to me that he feels this summer is important, vital even. I think he's a player that if he doesn't get the assurances and actions that the club will progress, then he will leave. Pochettino may be vital to that, but if Pochettino leaves through no fault of the club that is not a reason to leave. Adam would need to give the club a chance to find a replacement or at least an indication of the calibre of manager they'd be looking for. Players play for clubs not managers.

something that appears to be missed in the equation re Adam and co is the fact his mind is more than likely to be focussed on being selected for the world cup squad

that is his main priority as it is luke and Rickies

I think he mentioned about playing on the same stage as messi and co

and I forgot to watch the new series of 24 last I recorded on monday night. well the early hours of tuesday morning