John Terry on a free

simo

Football wise in a heart beat and he would be great for the youngsters to learn their trade from.

However the older players in their last couple of seasons, isn't the type of player we seem to go for.

Then of course there is all the personal baggage that comes with him and we would be seen as far to high risk, from a team spirit perspective.

No, too expensive, don't think he'll maintain current standards and most of all, I don't think he'd be half the player anywhere but Chelsea. He's 90% passion and commitment, and much of that would go at a different club. Hard to think of many English players who'd be less of a fit for our squad.

Except he's the best CB in the premier League so it matters not what club he's at... we would not take him due to his age and wages

I can't even understand why people are suggesting this.

Happens fairly regularly on here. Identify a player who once was genuinely world class but is now old and in decline, and suggest "HCDAJFU".

I feel bad enough about myself that John Terry is in my fantasy league team, never mind the team I support.

Happens fairly regularly on here. Identify a player who once was genuinely world class but is now old and in decline, and suggest "HCDAJFU".

I feel bad enough about myself that John Terry is in my fantasy league team, never mind the team I support.

I remember when we were in league one and current England international and football writers player of the year Scott Parker was suggested as a realistic possible signing.but then those were the days when MLG told us we were the most attractive side for a player outside of the top 4 in the premier league so I can see why people might have thought it.

I remember when we were in league one and current England international and football writers player of the year Scott Parker was suggested as a realistic possible signing.but then those were the days when MLG told us we were the most attractive side for a player outside of the top 4 in the premier league so I can see why people might have thought it.

:lol::lol:

F*ck off, that can't have happened?!

image.png

He would want the team to be all about him and that's the complete opposite of the attitude we're trying to instill in our team. He is aging, would only be a temporary stop gap and I doubt he would put half the effort in he does for Chelsea.

You ever got that friend who likes to nitpick whenever you use the term 'we' to refer to Southampton F.C, the team and their results and smugly tell you that the players are utterly removed from the fans, are a bunch of complete, arrogant dickheads and that they'd hate you if they met you?

Well in the days of social media interaction as well as fans having the chance to briefly meet some of our players I rather like to indulge in the idea that for us at least, such an accusation isn't true. It certainly makes it easier and more enjoyable to support the successes of the boys on the pitch representing our city and club and makes the whole experience far more enjoyable for me for one.

All of the above however would be well and truly blown the **** out by signing someone like John Terry. So no thank you.

Based on a footballer yes, based on a human being no way!

Do you know him.???

We all know lads that have sleep a round a bit , get over it, there's two sides to every story!

I would have him all day long. I only wish he was going to the World Cup

He's quality

Take a look at this and tell me he is a bad person

Apparently taken a 50% wage cut from his £160k (?) pw to gain another contract at Chelsea.

Good Lord, how on earth will he scrape by on 80k? Poor little sod. Feel for him, I really do.

...and that's a no from me. I'd rather we did spend money on a good young centre back. Someone up and coming. A Dan Burn or Harry Maguire...

Do you know him.???

We all know lads that have sleep a round a bit , get over it, there's two sides to every story!

I would have him all day long. I only wish he was going to the World Cup

He's quality

Take a look at this and tell me he is a bad person

yeah but not with their mates Mrs **** like that isn't exactly good in a team sport.....

yeah but not with their mates Mrs **** like that isn't exactly good in a team sport.....

Well it certanly didn't do Ryan giggs any harm

You don't know the full story only what you read in the papers so I would t base any opinion on paper talk.

Anyway what do you care if he slept with his mates wife. Haven't you heard if swinging. What's yours is mine and vice verser , get out the past grandad and **** your mates mrs up the shatter

Based on a footballer yes, based on a human being no way!

Understand this but he has done a number of good things. I remember watching SkySports my special day, he went way above and beyond for the nipper.

Goes against everything we are supposed to be building.

Would tell me that "The Project" is dead and we are just content to be a production line for big clubs and the concept of a group that we have kept together from age 8 becoming part of a "Club" that they "love" is dead.

No no and no.

Doesn't need the money so the only PL club I could see him playing for is QPR if they come up a) on £100k for Harry and b) not having to move house. Wouldn't be surprised if Lampard joined them, typical Harry signings.

Otherwise I can't see him wanting to play for Spurs, Arsenal etc or another English club full stop. Serie A could be destination, Inter have signed Vidic. Russia is another possible desitination if money is his top priority.

YES!

I've always said what the team really needed was a David Speedie/Kerry Dixon type figure. Hopefully we'll spend all the Luke Shaw money on him and (I don't know...) Frank Lampard.

The way forward!