Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Terry on a free

Default John Terry on a free

Would you?

Its not really free with the wages he would have.

No, too expensive, don't think he'll maintain current standards and most of all, I don't think he'd be half the player anywhere but Chelsea. He's 90% passion and commitment, and much of that would go at a different club. Hard to think of many English players who'd be less of a fit for our squad.

Football wise in a heart beat and he would be great for the youngsters to learn their trade from.

However the older players in their last couple of seasons, isn't the type of player we seem to go for.

Then of course there is all the personal baggage that comes with him and we would be seen as far to high risk, from a team spirit perspective.

5. Default

No, no, no, no, no.

Let West Ham have him so the we can get Winston Reid.

No thanks.

Blog Entries

I'd pass.
    tbh, if he doesn't stay with Chelsea, I can see some foreign teams in leagues like USA take him on.

Apparently taken a 50% wage cut from his 160k (?) pw to gain another contract at Chelsea.

Based on a footballer yes, based on a human being no way!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EBS1980 View Post
    Yep.

Not a kin hope!

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Well I bet he'd think twice about racially abusing Victor..........Plus who needs all the **** in the dressing room when he starts ****ing Fonte's wife.
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 06-05-2014 at 07:10 PM.

He would want to run the train set, like he did at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    No, too expensive, don't think he'll maintain current standards and most of all, I don't think he'd be half the player anywhere but Chelsea. He's 90% passion and commitment, and much of that would go at a different club. Hard to think of many English players who'd be less of a fit for our squad.
    Except he's the best CB in the premier League so it matters not what club he's at... we would not take him due to his age and wages

No way he is slowing rapidly.. So seriously!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSteve View Post
    Except he's the best CB in the premier League so it matters not what club he's at... we would not take him due to his age and wages
    Thought I made the point clear enough, IMO he won't be half the player anywhere but Chelsea because he's such a Chelsea fan. It's not a criticism of him, just something I believe.

And he's not even a fraction of the player Kompany is, he's just played very well compared to how he struggled last season. People are so often blinded by the performance of CBs in very defensive sides. Having 2 or more good defensive midfielders helps a HUGE amount. I remember when people thought Johnson and Dann were a brilliant partnership due to few goals against, but in reality they played with 9 men behind the ball all the time.

Terry has been good this season, but people don't half get carried away.

Blog Entries

I agree with adrian. It would not be possible for him/anyone to have passion or commitment for a club you didnt support.

He should therefore join Man United as thats the club he supports

There will be loads of clubs after him. Clubs coming up from the Championship (QPR excepted) and the PL sides desperate to survive.
    I don't think we're that desperate.

I can't even understand why people are suggesting this.

Although he may turn up to the Saints FC awards tonight in full kit, to claim his trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I can't even understand why people are suggesting this.
    Happens fairly regularly on here. Identify a player who once was genuinely world class but is now old and in decline, and suggest "HCDAJFU".

I feel bad enough about myself that John Terry is in my fantasy league team, never mind the team I support.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Happens fairly regularly on here. Identify a player who once was genuinely world class but is now old and in decline, and suggest "HCDAJFU".

I feel bad enough about myself that John Terry is in my fantasy league team, never mind the team I support.
    I remember when we were in league one and current England international and football writers player of the year Scott Parker was suggested as a realistic possible signing.but then those were the days when MLG told us we were the most attractive side for a player outside of the top 4 in the premier league so I can see why people might have thought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    I remember when we were in league one and current England international and football writers player of the year Scott Parker was suggested as a realistic possible signing.but then those were the days when MLG told us we were the most attractive side for a player outside of the top 4 in the premier league so I can see why people might have thought it.

F*ck off, that can't have happened?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

F*ck off, that can't have happened?!
    I'm not joking. 100% true.

If his wages wern't too stupid and he was willing to come here, we'd be silly not to

He would want the team to be all about him and that's the complete opposite of the attitude we're trying to instill in our team. He is aging, would only be a temporary stop gap and I doubt he would put half the effort in he does for Chelsea.

No.

Next question?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSteve View Post
    Really? Is he now, I think not.

You ever got that friend who likes to nitpick whenever you use the term 'we' to refer to Southampton F.C, the team and their results and smugly tell you that the players are utterly removed from the fans, are a bunch of complete, arrogant dickheads and that they'd hate you if they met you?

Well in the days of social media interaction as well as fans having the chance to briefly meet some of our players I rather like to indulge in the idea that for us at least, such an accusation isn't true. It certainly makes it easier and more enjoyable to support the successes of the boys on the pitch representing our city and club and makes the whole experience far more enjoyable for me for one.

All of the above however would be well and truly blown the **** out by signing someone like John Terry. So no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Let West Ham have him so the we can get Winston Reid.
    Right that's twice I've seen Reid mentioned as a signing today. He shouldn't even be considered once let alone twice in one day.

I would say yes, born leader, strong, good in the air and can get a few goals.

Realistically though he will stay at Chelsea even if it meant him taking a pay cut.

32. Default

Do you know him.???

We all know lads that have sleep a round a bit , get over it, there's two sides to every story!

I would have him all day long. I only wish he was going to the World Cup

He's quality

Take a look at this and tell me he is a bad person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFUfIxfQvc&sns=em

Has had a great season but it's a no from me. We could use the money of his wages much better. Will probably end up at QPR on 100k a week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Apparently taken a 50% wage cut from his 160k (?) pw to gain another contract at Chelsea.
    Good Lord, how on earth will he scrape by on 80k? Poor little sod. Feel for him, I really do.

...and that's a no from me. I'd rather we did spend money on a good young centre back. Someone up and coming. A Dan Burn or Harry Maguire...

No. Just no.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le Tissier View Post
    Do you know him.???

We all know lads that have sleep a round a bit , get over it, there's two sides to every story!

I would have him all day long. I only wish he was going to the World Cup

He's quality

Take a look at this and tell me he is a bad person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFUfIxfQvc&sns=em
    yeah but not with their mates Mrs **** like that isn't exactly good in a team sport.....

Not a chance.

Brain-dead glory-hunting thug.

Will never forget how he turned up in full kit (including pads) to lift the Champions League trophy despite not playing.

Seeing him cry at the CL semi was a season highlight for me.

The last sort of person we need to come and break up what we are building up

40. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    yeah but not with their mates Mrs **** like that isn't exactly good in a team sport.....
    Well it certanly didn't do Ryan giggs any harm

You don't know the full story only what you read in the papers so I would t base any opinion on paper talk.

Anyway what do you care if he slept with his mates wife. Haven't you heard if swinging. What's yours is mine and vice verser , get out the past grandad and **** your mates mrs up the shatter

no way. a complete ****

A resounding, 100% "No" in absolutely every way.

Understand this but he has done a number of good things. I remember watching SkySports my special day, he went way above and beyond for the nipper.

Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months

Goes against everything we are supposed to be building.

Would tell me that "The Project" is dead and we are just content to be a production line for big clubs and the concept of a group that we have kept together from age 8 becoming part of a "Club" that they "love" is dead.

No no and no.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    Not a chance.

Brain-dead glory-hunting thug.

Will never forget how he turned up in full kit (including pads) to lift the Champions League trophy despite not playing.

Low life

Doesn't need the money so the only PL club I could see him playing for is QPR if they come up a) on 100k for Harry and b) not having to move house. Wouldn't be surprised if Lampard joined them, typical Harry signings.

Otherwise I can't see him wanting to play for Spurs, Arsenal etc or another English club full stop. Serie A could be destination, Inter have signed Vidic. Russia is another possible desitination if money is his top priority.

Saints player profiles seem to be young, up and coming, with resale value, or homegrown. He doesn't fit either of these profiles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.
    .......and a thousand times NO, .....besides he won't play for England again - will he ?