Cardiff, Fulham, Swansea

sandwichsaint

Anybody gonna drag through the old threads and claim they got all three?

I called Fulham, Cardiff, Swansea in January so got to be happy with 2/3, and Swansea 'too good to go down' never really got out of the bottom 5-6 till a few weeks ago - a walking advert for not being in the Thursday Cup - see Hull next season(?)

Looking at tonight's games Poyet has really got Sunderland punching their weight, if they can re-balance their squad (some in, some out) and hang on to their better players they ought to be comfortable next season. Not sure about Villa, how bad are the relegated sides if Villa have stayed up?

I plumped for Norwich, Cardiff and Sunderland in about November, more out of hope than expectation. Fair play to Poyet, and Fulham deserve everything they got with 3 different managers. Magath will bring them back up next season or the season after.

I thought Cardiff would be OK to be honest, as I thought Malky was a good manager and they'd made some decent additions....I think if they'd have stuck with Malky they'd have probably been OK, but they have a nutter in charge so never mind.

I did think Fulham would go, their squad was too old and they never did anything about freshening it up. They had too many seasons hanging around down there, and they didn't really heed the warnings from previous years.

I had Palace down, which if they'd have stuck with Holloway they'd have been gone! Pulis has done a miracle there, aided with some shrewd buys in January though.

The three relegated clubs made 3 of the 4 most mental managerial choices this season (west brom the other) so can't say I'm surprised in hindsight, but would be lying if I said I called it until about a month ago. Palace and Sunderland both looked certs for the drop at different stages.

Some utter dross has survived, though. West brom, palace, hull (with uefa cup) and villa will all struggle next season, as will the three who come up. Think Sunderland will push on now.

So many lucky teams. They get praise for late results and staying up, but there are some poor points totals down there from sides playing poor football.

Didn't think Norwich would go but didn't think they'd sack Hughton either. Would still taken Hooper and Redmond from them, great extra options on the cheap.

Cardiff deserved what they got, crazy sacking decision and bringing in someone just for their name. Unless I've missed all the other norwegian league managers getting their chance here?

Wonder how many players we could lose and still stay up.

Egil Olsen springs to mind...

I forgot who I tipped at the start of the season but it was almost definitely Palace...

I got 2 out of 3 from predictions at Christmas, had money on Cardiff and Norwich to go down (Sunderland were my other pick but the odds weren't worth bothering with), and also had a bit on Fulham to stay up in February after they'd got a point at Old Trafford and should have beaten Liverpool a few days later. Sadly that one wasn't to be, but still comfortably in profit on those bets.

Are Sunderland the new Old Southampton. Bottom three for a long part of the season, late run with decent results against some big teams, just missing relegation before the last day. Also red and white stripes, black shorts and a healthy approach to the cups.

Anybody gonna drag through the old threads and claim they got all three?

I called Fulham, Cardiff, Swansea in January so got to be happy with 2/3, and Swansea 'too good to go down' never really got out of the bottom 5-6 till a few weeks ago - a walking advert for not being in the Thursday Cup - see Hull next season(?)

Looking at tonight's games Poyet has really got Sunderland punching their weight, if they can re-balance their squad (some in, some out) and hang on to their better players they ought to be comfortable next season. Not sure about Villa, how bad are the relegated sides if Villa have stayed up?

I think you will find Glasgow Saint predicted this before the start of the season ... or, at least he will claim he did.