Veho announced as new main club sponsor of Southampton Football Club

Saint-Armstrong

Compared to the amounts of money we're getting from the TV deals and the PL for being in it, sponsorship is a drop in the ocean. I'd rather get £1m from a local company than £5m from Wonga or some other loan shark - the amount is small enough (relatively) that it doesn't really make much difference.

I'm pleased to have Saints continuing to support the community - and their logo isn't awful!

Dare I say it, but it's also not always about who pays the most. There may well be other tie-ins and benefits worth more than just cold hard cash. The 'value' of this deal is not just in pounds and pence.

To judge this deal requires a lot more knowledge than any of us have. As far as I'm concerned, the fact the founder and board members are Saints fans is a good thing, the fact they are clearly a progressive company who are expanding globally is a good thing, and the fact that they make high quality products in an advancing market is a good thing. The only 'negatives' about the deal, are based on other peoples own expectations and pre-conceptions. And that's your fault, not the clubs.

Welcome to Veho, I hope this proves to be a successful and mutually beneficial partnership.

Basically they are the Ian Brennan of shirt sponsors.

First big decision of new board, and its been blown.

Really looking forward to summer now...

Been ignoring your negativity for a while as I'm assured that your depressive nature must be a medical condition but do fluck off with your repetitive annual dirge.

Thank you

Laughable reaction. I would imagine that they were prepared to pay the most so got the gig. Local company who look to have some pretty decent products run by Saints fans.

At least we have a sponsor signed and over the line, not like last years debacle.

Well there was an Aston Martin with the reg VEHO S parked in the Shamblehurst Barn earlier on, obviously having to reign in their spending nowadays. And it is really them so ice been told!

Was in the car park outside the Megastore after the Everton match...how could I not have made the connection......?!:rolleyes:

Dare I say it, but it's also not always about who pays the most. There may well be other tie-ins and benefits worth more than just cold hard cash. The 'value' of this deal is not just in pounds and pence.

To judge this deal requires a lot more knowledge than any of us have. As far as I'm concerned, the fact the founder and board members are Saints fans is a good thing, the fact they are clearly a progressive company who are expanding globally is a good thing, and the fact that they make high quality products in an advancing market is a good thing. The only 'negatives' about the deal, are based on other peoples own expectations and pre-conceptions. And that's your fault, not the clubs.

Welcome to Veho, I hope this proves to be a successful and mutually beneficial partnership.

the founder does wholesale roofing. maybe we'll get a deal ont he stadium expansion.

They do indeed frequent this site!!

And they are a tremendous bunch of lads and lasses who have built this company up from nothing (and who have ambitions to compete with the big boys).

From a Saints perspective, surely all that matters is that the deal is commercially sound and have to say I find it a bit strange how some people get all worked up about a sponsor.

+1 and they must be good as Harrods sell their gear. And Harrods are notoriously difficult to get your goods into.+ ( Amazon, Currys, Play.com, ect)

A breath of fresh air amongst the entirely predictable negativity from the very many ******s that post on this site nowadays.

Laughable reaction. I would imagine that they were prepared to pay the most so got the gig. Local company who look to have some pretty decent products run by Saints fans.

At least we have a sponsor signed and over the line, not like last years debacle.

Their turnover (before costs) is only £10m - if they've paid the most (£1-2m), that's one ballsy gamble.

Amen.

Compared to the amounts of money we're getting from the TV deals and the PL for being in it, sponsorship is a drop in the ocean. I'd rather get £1m from a local company than £5m from Wonga or some other loan shark - the amount is small enough (relatively) that it doesn't really make much difference.

I'm pleased to have Saints continuing to support the community - and their logo isn't awful!

My thoughts I am glad we have not gone for a loan shark or gambling company, unless you are getting really mega bucks deal, the cash, is relatively small fry compared to TV rights. Why not have a local company, that is growing worldwide, their success may go hand in hand with ours.

Glad we haven't got another betting form or loan shark as a sponsor or something embarrassing. Mind you they are the ones paying the big bucks. NO idea why people are disappointed. How can you be without knowing the amount. That's all that really utters. Sony paying £1m or Veho paying £2m? It's a no Brainer.

Their turnover (before costs) is only £10m - if they've paid the most (£1-2m), that's one ballsy gamble.

Agreed. But in the industry they are in is you have products that are hot you need to get a shift on before they become outdated. We don't know what the deal is. Perhaps we have got an equity stake, share of sales or revenue increase payments rather than cold hard cash.

Still, financial stability doesn't appear to be our key criteria when drawing up our canvass list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/f1news/10081762/Lotus-F1s-56m-loss-is-motorsports-biggest.html

My thoughts I am glad we have not gone for a loan shark or gambling company, unless you are getting really mega bucks deal, the cash, is relatively small fry compared to TV rights. Why not have a local company, that is growing worldwide, their success may go hand in hand with ours.

This for me...

Looking at the sponsorship table... if you are in the top 6.. and can sell a lot of shirts in Asia etc, seems you can get some serious companies... the next 8-10 have basically sold their souls (for not that much money) to the low life's... i.e. betting companies or a loan shark...and then there are a few who have gone with local companies (whether big or small)... I'd personally prefer to go with a local decent company..with a name that will look OK on a shirt...than squeeze another couple of million for a shirt, I'd be embarassed for my kids to have on their shirt....

Glad we haven't got another betting form or loan shark as a sponsor or something embarrassing. Mind you they are the ones paying the big bucks. NO idea why people are disappointed. How can you be without knowing the amount. That's all that really utters. Sony paying £1m or Veho paying £2m? It's a no Brainer.

Coz there are lots of examples of companies spunking 20% of their revenues on sponsorship deals...

It could be for a noble reason by the club wanting solely to get an aspiring business to sponsor them and thereby helping them in exposure, if so why dont they say? I fear its beacuse no other bids were tabled, does anyone know exactly how much we are getting and how this compares to clubs of similar placings in the Premiership?

First lemme say good luck to Veho and welcome aboard, they seem like a decent company with plans for growth.

My concern however, is this appointment puts yet another huge question mark over the new Board and Ralph in particular.....Through all the fan pandering and waffle, one thing that has shone through was the boards determination to improve the commercial revenue...

You could almost say they were hanging their hat on it......and here we are, 8th place in the prem with a 10m turnover company as shirt sponsor.....At least Nasty Nick had the excuse of brokering a deal in league one and due to our rapid accent ended up stuck with some legacy contracts/sponsors in the Prem.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of the peeps who have been using the AAP deal as stick to hit the last CEO with.....

It could be for a noble reason by the club wanting solely to get an aspiring business to sponsor them and thereby helping them in exposure, if so why dont they say? I fear its beacuse no other bids were tabled, does anyone know exactly how much we are getting and how this compares to clubs of similar placings in the Premiership?

:lol:

First lemme say good luck to Veho and welcome aboard, they seem like a decent company with plans for growth.

My concern however, is this appointment puts yet another huge question mark over the new Board and Ralph in particular.....Through all the fan pandering and waffle, one thing that has shone through was the boards determination to improve the commercial revenue...

You could almost say they were hanging their hat on it......and here we are, 8th place in the prem with a 10m turnover company as shirt sponsor.....At least Nasty Nick had the excuse of brokering a deal in league one and due to our rapid accent ended up stuck with some legacy contracts/sponsors in the Prem.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of the peeps who have been using the AAP deal as stick to hit the last CEO with.....

There are no excuses, this is it, the happier ones were hanging their hat on higher commercial revenues and that in all probability is not going to happen, them and others leading the gullible up the garden path of believing we are and will be actually larger than we are is naive , foolish and in the long term could actually harm the club, just be honest with the intentions and that way people can decide, season tickets and players for example.

By chance I was thinking just this evening that I need to buy a bluetooth thing for the Mrs's car. I don't really care who makes it, but as Veho sponsor Saints, I think I'll buy one of their products (as long as it isn't too expensive).

By chance I was thinking just this evening that I need to buy a bluetooth thing for the Mrs's car. I don't really care who makes it, but as Veho sponsor Saints, I think I'll buy one of their products (as long as it isn't too expensive).

It wont be bog standard gear.

Yes, heavens forbid that anyone actually dare pose the thought that this agreement indicates a general lack of ambition and "thinking big" by the new board...

Plenty of very daring individuals on this thread, don't you worry.

Actually daring to pose that thought? #itshappening

I'm with Minty on this. Local company, not some loan sharks dressed as 'lenders' or other dodgy betting group. The amount until you get top 4 is never going to be huge anyway. But a few comments:

1. Alps, we don't know if this deal was set up by previous or current board - so maybe a little disingenuous to start suggesting it's a feck up by Krugs et al.

2. However, if it is the new board, perhaps, just for once those who have spent a few months slagging the previous incumbent for 'crap' commercial deals with aap3 etc might just acknowledge that in the grander scheme of things, there is no difference, another local company for whom the deal is never possible if we are demanding 5mil plus... So either both NC and Krugs did OK, or they are BOTH equally crap.... Which is it to be if you wish to avoid idiotic inconsistency in your evaluations?

3. If it is Krugs et al though.... It is perhaps a little disingenuous of them to go about publically criticising the lack of previous commercial success, when this deal is unlikely to represent that much more in financial terms....

You've taken that out of context somewhat, I didn't say it definitely was a £3m to £5m deal, l said...

"Saints should be looking for deals from £3m to £5m if they are seriously looking to close the gap commercially as Ralph Krueger stated he was aiming to".

If it is only another £500k making it £1.5m, that'll be disappointing as it still leaves Saints significantly below many teams we've overtaken on the pitch. Krueger was talking about closing the gap commercially, a £1.5m shirt sponsorship deal will still be one of the lowest in the Premier League.

Yeah that's pretty much where I am. If the new board has said one thing and then gone for a sponsorship deal that's the opposite, continuing to put us at the bottom of the table commercially, that's not good.

Full House!

Oops no. No GS yet.

You misunderstand the game, BS picks up on things he believes are solid gripes that he can really go to town with, really drive the blue knife in. This is why on threads such as this he makes so many posts in quick succession like he is excited (because he is). GS is the face of happy go lucky wind up merchant when there is only slim pickings in the windup department. Interestingly they both peddle the same tripe when being confronted of trolling and have very similar sentence structure and use of language. Interesting coincidence I suspect?

Looking forward to finding out the sponsorship figure and the blue peasants winding their necks in again. Oh and shame on those slagging off new sponsor because they aren't a global brand. In a similar context nor we're we 4 years ago. Still let's assume the club know **** all about what their doing tho as most of us have organised 6 figure sponsorships before.