If you had £200

saint_stevo

It's an odd question as most people probably do have a couple of hundred they could invest if they wanted to.

I've already promised to invest in my kids' plans to sell ice creams on the beach near our house this summer. No shops anywhere nearby and most people come to the beach by boat. They'll be working on about a 300% mark up. Not planning on giving them 200 quid to play with though...

To invest / buy something to try to sell for a profit, what would it be?
depends how long term you are looking and if you like antiques/old items. I have always told people to buy old silver cigarette cases. You can buy them for five to 10 pounds above the value of the scrap metal price of the material they are made of. You get the workmanship for a fiver. Go online and look at them and if you like what you see send me a message and I would be happy to guide you to the best ones to purchase and where. As time goes by they are becoming rarer and as the philistines melt them down for their metal they become scarcer. In time the collectors market for them will become bigger and hence a rise in price.

If that doesn't rock your boat, early digital/quartz watches or technology that will become collectible as the technos become wealthy and may start buying that stuff. The first mobile phones that were like suitcases are now worth quite a bit.

It's an odd question as most people probably do have a couple of hundred they could invest if they wanted to.

I've already promised to invest in my kids' plans to sell ice creams on the beach near our house this summer. No shops anywhere nearby and most people come to the beach by boat. They'll be working on about a 300% mark up. Not planning on giving them 200 quid to play with though...

Lucky, lucky, lucky....

200 quid is not enough to achieve any sort of huge return, so it's a tough one, I'd suggest you rather buy something you enjoy with the money :)

Failing that try putting 100 quid away per month as in Einstein's words "the power of compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe".

• 2 weeks later...
Put it on England to beat Italy.

Anyone got any ideas how I can make about £300,000? I'd like to have a house.

1. Borrow £300,000

2. Buy house

3. Rent house out

4. Wait 5 years

5. sell house for £600,000

every fecker on the planet seems to think that is a good idea