Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Answering a question with a question clearly means that you can't find me an example.

There has never been another left back that has gone for that amount. There has never been another left back as comfortable in his position at 18 as Luke Shaw. He is English as well and highly coveted. He will almost certainly perform brilliantly for them and will be worth probably double that amount in a couple of years. We are it he prem now too and have no need to sell. We should be demanding more.

£27m for an 18yo left back is laughable?

I'm sure you can find examples of other LBs going for that sort of money.

An 18 yo left back who doesn't count in the 25 man squad due to his age and would be a 'homegrown' asset on any team sheet in the future. THAT commands a lot of extra value.

No confirmed on ssn

As good as a twitter rumour then? ;)

At the end of the day he'll go, along with a few others this pre-season. We just need to get it out of the way early so it doesn't drag out an entire summer.

As good as a twitter rumour then? ;)

At the end of the day he'll go, along with a few others this pre-season. We just need to get it out of the way early so it doesn't drag out an entire season.

No we don't. If they both go before the world cup then it will seriously ruin the tournament for me.

There has never been another left back that has gone for that amount. There has never been another left back as comfortable in his position at 18 as Luke Shaw. He is English as well and highly coveted. He will almost certainly perform brilliantly for them and will be worth probably double that amount in a couple of years. We are it he prem now too and have no need to sell. We should be demanding more.

He is never going to be worth £60m. Never. He's no Bale, more of a Pearce or Samson.

Yes, demand more but please, spare us the old "we have no need to sell" bull. If a player wants to go, they go.

He is never going to be worth £60m. Never. He's no Bale, more of a Pearce or Samson.

Yes, demand more but please, spare us the old "we have no need to sell" bull. If a player wants to go, they go.

What does a player wanting to go have to do with us having no need to sell? Yes if he wants to go he will go but that doesn't mean we need the money or anything.

You have to seriously consider that but given everyone knows ManU are desperate you'd push for 30m plus a sell on clause. Not sure where Targett is or even if Clyne do a job there next season but pretty sure you could get a decent LB for under 5m (Cresswell?) and reinvest the rest

£30 maybe, £35 would be an outstanding amount of money and, dare I say it, good business.

Deffo, £35 would be an amazing piece of business. ;)

Even if they gave us £35m, I'd still rather keep him :) Technically, we have a £30 million player at the moment- think of it this way, we could lose him.

We could take Welbeck as part of the deal? That would interest me too, I genuinely think we could improve the guy with a run of games IMO.

Deffo, £35 would be an amazing piece of business. ;)

Even if they gave us £35m, I'd still rather keep him :) Technically, we have a £30 million player at the moment- think of it this way, we could lose him.

We could take Welbeck as part of the deal? That would interest me too, I genuinely think we could improve the guy with a run of games IMO.

Well I'd love wellbeck at saints but don't see it happening, especially if we are selling one of our best players to them.

No it wouldn't, he's horrific. We got a jail out of free card on that one.

The few times I have seen him he has looked alright,granted he is no Shaw but the right team and set up he could be a decent addition,even for a back up to maybe Clyne at LB ?

You have to seriously consider that but given everyone knows ManU are desperate you'd push for 30m plus a sell on clause. Not sure where Targett is or even if Clyne do a job there next season but pretty sure you could get a decent LB for under 5m (Cresswell?) and reinvest the rest

Decent left backs HCDAJFU (and are realistically available I think)- Ricardo Rodriguez, Kolodziejczak, Kurzawa and Bernat and Cresswell too