The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

I come on here for an update on the manager situation and I have to trawl through pages of sh17e about other posters. Come on mods sort it out!

Anyway back on topic, it looks like Sherwood has his odds shortened and Magath widened. Does anyone think the bookies are playing with the odds to encourage betters to place bets on other candidates by making them look like they're in with a chance (by having shorter odds)?

Sherwood for me is a no but to be fair he's only had 20 odd games and I haven't seen anything that would make me believe he'd be a bad choice, it's just that I haven't seen anything to suggest he could be a success.

Yakin and Koemen have both shown they could be successful. Personally I'd be keen on either and added into my top 3 would be McLaren. Very good coach and I believe would be a good fit for the direction the club has been looking to go in.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

I know kevin Bond quite well and his view on Sherwood is that he upsets players in the dressing room when things aren't going well. He tends to lose control of his emotions and ends up ranting at players who don't take kindly too kindly to being shown up in front of their peers.

For this reason Im Out.

That's why Sherwood needs man management experience to get the respect of players.no way will the board approve a manager like that has team bonding is important.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Koeman or Yakin then Hoddle, in that order of preference for me.

Are you feeling OK as I am stunned Hoddle isn't number 1 any more.

What's your outlook if we appoint your first choice of Koeman or Yakin, 17th still?

Most positive story we are likely to read this weekend. When you rattle off his CV it makes almost all Premier League managers look ordinary less Wenger and Morino! If I were a Spurs fan I'd think Saints had done us like a kipper if Koeman does arrive.

If true, sounds good. Get the feeling Yakin never really in the running after all. Not a huge amount of point having a second round with anyone apart from the preferred candidate, so imagine they are looking to get a deal done now.

Perfectly happy with Koeman, though. Sometime next week, then, chaps.

Are you feeling OK as I am stunned Hoddle isn't number 1 any more.

What's your outlook if we appoint your first choice of Koeman or Yakin, 17th still?

17th ? Depends on who we keep, who we buy and who manages us. I expect us to struggle more next season as we get used to the transition, but I would be delighted if we finished 12th for example.

When you rattle off his CV it makes almost all Premier League managers look ordinary less Wenger and Morino! If I were a Spurs fan I'd think Saints had done us like a kipper if Koeman does arrive.

And how funny would that be. We live in hope. Wonder what the odds for Saints finishing above Spurs next season are...

More quotes from Ronald Koeman's agent, Guido Albers...

"He wants to take a good next step in his career and put roots down at an ambitious club with potential."

"That's definitely Southampton."

"Pochettino has laid an excellent foundation. Ronald is the man to build on that further."

Source: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/255997/Koeman_wil_iets_neerzetten_bij_een_ambitieuze_club,_dat_is_Southampton?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"He wants to take a good next step in his career and put roots down at an ambitious club with potential."

"Pochettino has laid an excellent foundation. Ronald is the man to build on that further."

Source: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/255997/Koeman_wil_iets_neerzetten_bij_een_ambitieuze_club,_dat_is_Southampton?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fingers crossed that there is some fire to go with this smoke.

Wow - that's a pretty stunning quote right there - let's hope there's some fire with this smoke.

It's been a done deal for about 14 days, I reckon.

It's clear he wants to come here, which is often the biggest stumbling block...! And I cannot see anyone being stupid enough to pass up an opportunity to bring in Koeman.

I suspect that the deliberate delay theory may be correct. Having said that we will not consider further negotiations until the new manager is in, it then makes sense to delay the appointment until after the World Cup has started. This enables the club to keep a steady course and allows the new manager time to assess his options.

Maybe there is a master plan after all.

This has been probably been discussed somewhere in the last 59 pages - but does anyone know what Koeman is like with regards to blooding/supporting youth?

Pretty epic, really.

All of his success at Feyenord is based on selling their stars, bringing through the young players and they finished top 4 twice.

Now those young players are going to the WC with holland.

Good find - Sounds very promising.

Starting to think it'll be Koeman. Would be pleased with that. Get the appointment sorted Saints and the new manager can spend 3 weeks in the job without being under the microscope because of the World Cup.

Can't help feeling that if we are deliberately delaying it's a case of cutting off our nose to spite our face. Obviously I'm sure if we have already agreed something with Koeman or anyone else, they are looking at transfers already, but we can't move for anyone if we're saying that we won't sell anyone until a manager comes in.

Can't help feeling that if we are deliberately delaying it's a case of cutting off our nose to spite our face. Obviously I'm sure if we have already agreed something with Koeman or anyone else' date=' they are looking at transfers already, but we can't move for anyone if we're saying that we won't sell anyone until a manager comes in.[/quote']

if the conspiracy is true... Koeman could have been planning/talking to people like Pelle, when we sold Lambert....