The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Hopefully he will stay and most of our players too.

But, if MP does go who would you like to see in his place?

For me Frank de Boer: the Ajax way appears close to the Southampton way and could be a fairly seamless transition

If we went for some deadwood like Malky McKay then I would be seriously upset.

Will give an insight into the intentions of the club.

Someone like Laudrup would show we want to maintain the attractive football.

Moyes would keep us from getting relegated, and would solidify us in mid table.

McKay would show we're broke.

Pretty sure I read that Laudrup was quite unprofessional with his preparation of players. Also had form for touting himself about for bigger jobs. Not sure how that would go down here.

Uwe Rosler would be my pick realistically. De Boer would be amazing but I can't see him viewing Southampton as a step up from Ajax unless we were offering a sizeable transfer fund.

Jorge Sampaoli, plays the same style, current chile headcoach and is leaving after the word cup and he has been studying english for the last year.

Massive Biesla fan, renowned work ethic and had awesome success in club football in chile before taking the big job, he also argentinian.

Pretty sure I read that Laudrup was quite unprofessional with his preparation of players. Also had form for touting himself about for bigger jobs. Not sure how that would go down here.

Uwe Rosler would be my pick realistically. De Boer would be amazing but I can't see him viewing Southampton as a step up from Ajax unless we were offering a sizeable transfer fund.

Would have thought the same with Fulham and Martin Jol...

I would be inclined to say David Moyes but the type of football he plays wouldn't be an ideal fit for how we are currently setup. Michael Laudrup would make better sense but as above, his professionalism is questionable.

What would people think of an approach for Shaun Dyche?

Would obviously try and keep Poch, but if he decides to leave then-

1) Javi Gracia, we were linked with him before- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettinos-southampton-future-still-3196822

2)The Chile coach, as mentioned

3) F De Boer wont come here unless offered a decent transfer fund- well if we're gonna do that, we may as well keep Poch, so Uwe Roslwe third for me.

4) Laudrup- not a big fan of him tbh, he does play attractive football but things turned sour towards the end of his reign at Swansea.

David Moyes wouldnt be bad if we want to consolidate Premier League for the next ten years I suppose.

I have my doubts about Rosler. I have a friend who is a Brentford fan and he occasionaly moaned about Rosler going defensive when they took a lead. I started to see Wigan fans talk about that as well. Mind you, he's a much better option than Mackay, Moyes or Laudrup. Can see Mackay going to Norwich and Garcia to WBA and Sherwood to Brighton.

Not that I think this thread will is needed.

Stupid suggestions. We have a duty to be blooding young English managerial talent, like Joe Royle.

Why do people think that Laudrup is so wonderful. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Swansea and he clearly thought that he was so good that he could take breaks from coaching. I'd return my season ticket if it was him. Mackay is getting stick here but his strength is as a coach and he would only be one voice in the choice of players for purchase. He is not as a bad a choice as some people think. Eddie Howe gets his teams playing the right was and is not an automatic No No for me. Not sure if he would want it though.

Why do people think that Laudrup is so wonderful. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Swansea and he clearly thought that he was so good that he could take breaks from coaching. I'd return my season ticket if it was him. Mackay is getting stick here but his strength is as a coach and he would only be one voice in the choice of players for purchase. He is not as a bad a choice as some people think. Eddie Howe gets his teams playing the right was and is not an automatic No No for me. Not sure if he would want it though.

Mackay is dull as dishwater and largely took Cardiff up due to their financial push TBH. He is solid enough I suppose but a million miles from what we want. As per being one voice in the transfer stakes looking at some of his purchases Im not entirely sure he is what we want, besides, he will have to operate with the comittee that is equally adept at spending exorbitant fees on underperforming foreign strikers.

For me, I dont know.

AVB (not that I think he would fancy a return to England)

Poyet (But he really is a ****)

Rosler

De Boer (if spurs cant snatch him why would we ?)

I dont think Poch will be as easy to replace as most think

Jorge Sampaoli, plays the same style, current chile headcoach and is leaving after the word cup and he has been studying english for the last year.

Massive Biesla fan, renowned work ethic and had awesome success in club football in chile before taking the big job, he also argentinian.

First actually post that interests me in this thread. A better choice than all the others for sure.

He probably wouldn't be a popular choice amongst fans but David Moyes is far and away the best manager available should we need to replace Mo. His record at Everton was outstanding barring one blip when they finished 17th.

Gut feeling is that Mo will be with us this coming season. My gut is not ITK, more KFC.

I've no idea on his club management record.

I'm sold on him because of how good a side Chile are, the fact that he has domestic club success and then brought that to the national squad, plus plays the same style football as Bielsa/mopo is enough for me. I don't think saints fans would welcome a change of style. And Chile are a very good footballing side without too many star players.

Benitez would be a massive, massive coup. Couldn't see it happening. The football wouldn't be as free flowing under him but he'd attract players easily.

Don't know anything about the Chile manager but they are a good team and I like how they play.