Luke Shaw article

thorpie the sinner

Except that the article says Shaw will 'probably' move to Old Trafford, which is speculation. Shaw is on a long-term contract, so the club's agreement is needed to any transfer and we have reports that a bid has been rejected. Might just as well say he will 'probably' score the winning goal in the World Cup Final, if you are going to print speculation instead of news.

For a start, he's not the most sought after teenager in world football. I don't recall us receiving bids from Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG et al.

We none of us actually can 'recall' getting a bid from United...it's still speculation and far from a done deal as far as information from the club has it. Not sure how you'd quantify this other than the amount of press speculation...and they need to sell copy?

Laughable that some Gooner reckons that the story was factually incorrect because in his opinion Shaw's family moved to Hersham, therefore he was too far away from Arsenal's training ground and wouldn't qualify for them as he was more than an hour away, that being the reason that he left Arsenal's academy. Their ground near St Albans is about 49 minutes drive away,

Back in the seventies my old school beat Rydens in the final of the English schoolboys trophy. First leg was played at the Valley. The second in some non-league ground in Hersham. We even had seventies style football violence even though we were a bunch of grammar school boys from Blackheath. It's why I remembered the school name as our wannabe "hard cases" were chanting "Rydens where are you?" This is of course entirely irrelevant to Luke Shaw and Southampton.

For a start, he's not the most sought after teenager in world football. I don't recall us receiving bids from Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG et al.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/luke-shaw-could-join-gareth-bale-and-cristiano-ronaldo-at-real-madrid-as-spanish-giants-are-linked-with-transfer-swoop-for-southampton-star-4678852/

That article about as factual as any other at this time.

Who is #1 out of curiosity? Janusazj? Gerard Deulofeu? Marquinhos? Shaw has to be top 3 at least.

If any team wants to contact Deulofeu I believe they should get hold of Nathaniel Clyne and he can point them to his pocket, where I think Deulofeu still is

I saw an article by The Secret Footballer. He basically suggests that Shaw could reach the sort of heights that Manchester United would even struggle to keep him! Great piece also: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/17013/city-are-worthy-champions/

Anything spilled online as to who the author is?

Cheers

The Secret Footballer is widely thought to be Dave Kitson, although there's a school of thought which says it might be a number of people contributing articles

I saw an article by The Secret Footballer. He basically suggests that Shaw could reach the sort of heights that Manchester United would even struggle to keep him! Great piece also: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/17013/city-are-worthy-champions/

Anything spilled online as to who the author is?

Cheers

Shaw set the 100 record? He's faster than Theo and Dyer? :scared: