Dani Osvaldo

whelk

what's that, Osvaldo didn't make the cut no?

What A Shame

It's got to be gutting when you forsake your Argentinian heritage cos you know your not good enough for the Italian team due to a small bit of Italian sailor jizz landing in the wrong place and still can't get in the team.

The argies are always claiming the Falklands so can we not claim Argentina ? Dunno about you but think they have a few good players England could use.

To be fair they are already taking one mentalist in the form of balotelli, taking dani as well would just be pushing their luck a little too far

That would either be a media feast or really dull depending their passion level for attention.

Any others hoping for a Punch style Bad Boy come good?

Yep. I'm one. I'd like to see a little more character in our team. We've got some great players but a touch on the grey side if you get what I mean. Players like Dani and Artur add some much needed colour to the side.

I think we need to put what happened behind us and work out how we can get him to fit better. The guy gas talent and hopefully a desire to show the world what he can do.

He's been riding on the coat-tails of Juve's procession towards the Serie A title, contributing almost nothing. That must be humbling.

Osvaldo doesn't do humility, and that will forever be his achilles heel. That, rather than his talent level, is why he's not going to Brazil. As I said early in this thread, Italy would be crazy to include someone with a more than 50% chance of damaging squad harmony.

Osvaldo doesn't do humility, and that will forever be his achilles heel. That, rather than his talent level, is why he's not going to Brazil. As I said early in this thread, Italy would be crazy to include someone with a more than 50% chance of damaging squad harmony.

I thought they included Super Mario, 99% chance of damaging squad harmony, but I guess also high percent chance of contributing to the team as well.

I thought they included Super Mario, 99% chance of damaging squad harmony, but I guess also high percent chance of contributing to the team as well.

Balotelli, for the most part, was popular with teammates - even if they were occasionally frustrated with his antics.

Osvaldo, on the other hand, aims his venom at his own people and has caused internal trouble at several clubs.

But you're right, the "is he worth the bother" question is much more easily resolved in Balotelli's case because he's far more likely to add than subtract value.

I know that Juventus clinched the title a few weeks ago, but hopefully Osvaldos late, late winner away to runners up Roma, will push his value up a little more.

OK he's worth 4 and 8 pence now then instead of 4 bob. Our best hope is shifting him to Valencia whilst their new owner doesn't mind losing a few bob on big names with dodgy characters.

And it was last week, did come on as sub today though for 30 minutes, but unfortunately did not score.

Guess that means that as Serie A has now finished he will be winging his way back to Southampton to meet up with his mates at Marchwood or St Mary's. He should get a warm welcome, from everyone there. Or does it mean he will go away somewhere and have a nice holiday first. Either way, the Club has some work to do now, either getting shot or re-integrating him into the squad.

• 2 years later...

Strangely, I had a dream about him a couple of nights ago. We were 1-1 away to Juve in a European tie and brought him on as a sub. He scored the winner then ran around the pitch waving his car keys in the face of Juve players, telling them all he was rich and had a nice car.

Strangely, I had a dream about him a couple of nights ago. We were 1-1 away to Juve in a European tie and brought him on as a sub. He scored the winner then ran around the pitch waving his car keys in the face of Juve players, telling them all he was rich and had a nice car.

Lol, that last detail is brilliant.