Negative people are killing this club

The Red Bag

Scanning this forum I am shocked by the amount of negativity displayed by people who call themselves supporters of Southampton Football Club.

Granted, we are struggling to keep our heads above the water in the Championship. One league below where most Saints fans believe we belong.

However, its time those fans wake up and smell the coffee.

Its over 3 years since we were relegated. The parachute payments dried up long ago leaving us with major financial constraints.

I was as much against Lowe and wanted him out of our club along everyone. Like the majority I thought the Wilde bunch would save us. Spend the money, back the manager, "give us our club back" and take us back to the promised land of the Premiership.

We were wrong. Michael Wilde made promises and couldn't keep them. Leon Crouch's reign was similarly unsuccessful and we're led to believe that had it continued for much longer we'd probably be in administration by now.

We'd all like a multi-millionaire/billionaire to buy the club and splash the cash but we have to realise that's not going to happen. Love him or hate him, Rupert is the only man who had the balls to get involved again (yes, I know he still had his shares etc) and you have to say they're bloody big balls to come back after being almost literally hounded out of the club!

Nigel Pearson did a good job to keep us up last year but would he have been happy to sit back and watch quality players leave with no transfer funds to spend? Almost certainly NO.

Jan Poortvliet deserves a chance......17 games is not enough. He needs at the very, very least 1 full season. In my opinion he should be given at least 2.

He's had his hands tied behind his back from the day he arrived and to get a bunch of kids playing to the level I saw today with more desire and passion than Burley ever achieved he should be given the full backing of the supporters. After all, that's what we're supposed to be isn't it? Supporters.

Edited by trousers

The original post was garbage.

Probably by one of the known PR plants put on here at the time as well. The club look like they - according to a growing volume of reports - are seeking replacements and that Claude genuinely hasn't settled. Looks like a mutual parting of the ways is imminent.

As for the takeover stuff, we'll see!